Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Nothing to see here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nothing to see here - Page 51

post #501 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayeCohenX View Post

Do you guys think that i'm gonna have a huge bottleneck with the CPU fx9590 and a SLI of gigabyte 970 ?

You might in a few games but in general no as long as you are running 1080p and above resolution you should not see much of a bottleneck I run 3x R9 290X's and in general get 90% and above GPU usage out of all 3 cards and 3x R9 290X's pose way more chance of bottleneck than your 2x GTX 970's.

What I have found is getting the NB at 2400mhz or so with ram with tight timings and ram speed at 1600mhz-1866mhz offers best results for the FX 8000-9000 CPU's also make sure to lock your NB clocks to 2200mhz if plan to run stock ( I also lock my HT to 2600mhz if running stock ) due to a known bug the NB will often downclock to 2000mhz or less if not manually set this will cripple the bandwidth capability of the NB which impacts the ram / PCIe slots / hardrive bandwidth capability all these are funneled thru the NB making a huge bottleneck in alot of cases causing low GPU usage and in general unusual performance issues.
Edited by rickcooperjr - 10/24/15 at 7:49pm
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #502 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcooperjr View Post

You might in a few games but in general no as long as you are running 1080p and above resolution you should not see much of a bottleneck I run 3x R9 290X's and in general get 90% and above GPU usage out of all 3 cards and 3x R9 290X's pose way more chance of bottleneck than your 2x GTX 970's.

What I have found is getting the NB at 2400mhz or so with ram with tight timings and ram speed at 1600mhz-1866mhz offers best results for the FX 8000-9000 CPU's also make sure to lock your NB clocks to 2200mhz if plan to run stock ( I also lock my HT to 2600mhz if running stock ) due to a known bug the NB will often downclock to 1800mhz or less if not manually set this will cripple the bandwidth capability of the NB which impacts the ram / PCIe slots / hardrive bandwidth capability all these are funneled thru the NB making a huge bottleneck in alot of cases causing low GPU usage and in general unusual performance issues.


Thanks mate, my first gtx970 gigabyte will arrive this week, the processor will probably come between this week and the next and the second card i'm going to get in january that's why i'm asking. Thanks again smile.gif
post #503 of 525
Quote:
make sure to lock your NB clocks to 2200mhz if plan to run stock ( I also lock my HT to 2600mhz if running stock ) due to a known bug the NB will often downclock to 1800mhz or less if not manually set

Where did you get this info? This is the first I've heard of that.
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #504 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan45 View Post

Quote:
make sure to lock your NB clocks to 2200mhz if plan to run stock ( I also lock my HT to 2600mhz if running stock ) due to a known bug the NB will often downclock to 1800mhz or less if not manually set

Where did you get this info? This is the first I've heard of that.

Many of the board devs had a glitch which set NB to 1800mhz-2000mhz often fluctuating and they didn't go to 2200mhz unless manually set it was a bios issue and many vendors did not catch it and fix it until just recently hince why I suggested manually setting it to avoid this issue all together.

I want to also point out this same bug sometimes ran the HT at 2200mhz-2400mhz instead of 2600mhz as it should be stock and again hinted to set it manually to avoid this issue again all together.

I cannot seem to find those links directly at sec but all the major vendors like asus / MSI / gigabyte and such had forum chats about this issue and recomeneded the manual settings to avoid unwanted performance loss due to the bug remember the 990fx is a rebrand of the 890fx and theyre was short cummings in the upgrade and in general lack of true hardware side benefit 890fx vs 990fx is very little of a change as was the 790fx to 890fx again AM2+/AM3 and became AM3+ literally all the same platform and we have had 2 gens of AM3+ with 890fx and 990fx.

They were simply limited to what they could add or change due to the limitations of the socket platform itself was getting a bit long in the tooth 3-4 upgrades ( I say 4 since AM2+ is essentially AM3 ) using the same basic socket or fundamentally same base platform will do this.
Edited by rickcooperjr - 10/24/15 at 7:49pm
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #505 of 525
Ok, so not necessarily a "bug" but an oversight on the part of the BIOS engineers. Yes this I have seen where boards would set the wrong bus speeds. thumb.gif
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #506 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcooperjr View Post

Many of the board devs had a glitch which set NB to 1800mhz-2000mhz often fluctuating and they didn't go to 2200mhz unless manually set it was a bios issue and many vendors did not catch it and fix it until just recently hince why I suggested manually setting it to avoid this issue all together.

I want to also point out this same bug sometimes ran the HT at 2400mhz instead of 2600mhz as it should be stock and again hinted to set it manually to avoid this issue again all together.

I cannot seem to find those links directly at sec but all the major vendors like asus / MSI / gigabyte and such had forum chats about this issue and recomeneded the manual settings to avoid unwanted performance loss due to the bug remember the 990fx is a rebrand of the 890fx and theyre was short cummings in the upgrade and in general lack of true hardware side benefit 890fx vs 990fx is very little of a change as was the 790fx to 890fx again AM2+/AM3 and became AM3+ literally all the same platform and we have had 2 gens of AM3+ with 890fx and 990fx.

They were simply limited to what they could add or change due to the limitations of the socket platform itself was getting a bit long in the tooth 3-4 upgrades ( I say 4 since AM2+ is essentially AM3 ) using the same basic socket or fundamentally same base platform will do this.



Got it monday smile.gif
post #507 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan45 View Post

Quote:
make sure to lock your NB clocks to 2200mhz if plan to run stock ( I also lock my HT to 2600mhz if running stock ) due to a known bug the NB will often downclock to 1800mhz or less if not manually set

Where did you get this info? This is the first I've heard of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayeCohenX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcooperjr View Post

Many of the board devs had a glitch which set NB to 1800mhz-2000mhz often fluctuating and they didn't go to 2200mhz unless manually set it was a bios issue and many vendors did not catch it and fix it until just recently hince why I suggested manually setting it to avoid this issue all together.

I want to also point out this same bug sometimes ran the HT at 2400mhz instead of 2600mhz as it should be stock and again hinted to set it manually to avoid this issue again all together.

I cannot seem to find those links directly at sec but all the major vendors like asus / MSI / gigabyte and such had forum chats about this issue and recomeneded the manual settings to avoid unwanted performance loss due to the bug remember the 990fx is a rebrand of the 890fx and theyre was short cummings in the upgrade and in general lack of true hardware side benefit 890fx vs 990fx is very little of a change as was the 790fx to 890fx again AM2+/AM3 and became AM3+ literally all the same platform and we have had 2 gens of AM3+ with 890fx and 990fx.

They were simply limited to what they could add or change due to the limitations of the socket platform itself was getting a bit long in the tooth 3-4 upgrades ( I say 4 since AM2+ is essentially AM3 ) using the same basic socket or fundamentally same base platform will do this.



Got it monday smile.gif

Hey notice your HT ( Hyper Transport ) running 2200MHZ you got the bug set in bios HT at 2600mhz and NB at 2200mhz otherwise you are being gimped for no reason remember I said something about this issue and many don't catch it and blame AMD for being slow or unable to play games properly to its potential and well it does hamper performance especially with a high end GPU and a demanding game or if running SLI/crossfire PLZ readjust the before mentioned things manually to get your full OEM potential.

The HT speed will affect nearly every aspect of the machine because almost everything is funneled thru it and NB so it being 400mhz below what it is suppose to be OEM will cause a huge slowdown on nearly everything.

I would like to know also what speed of ram you running and what mobo while in bios check ram speeds and timings and adjust accordingly this will also help you get max potential OEM performance unlike Intel on AMD you have to often set ram speed and timings manually.

Hey Johan45 there is proof to the bug I talked about before PLZ understand I didn't call you out on it to be mean but to make sure you see it with your own eyes so you can learn about it as you said never heard of it or seen it before for some reason huge amount of boards have this issue AKA my term well known issue that the general public don't know about which I always give preemptive advice about it and how to remedy it.

I also want to point out alot of times users of the AMD FX CPU's have no idea about the issue and just complain about odd performance or lack there of and when you get down to it its the users fault for not catching this issue and fixing it . So I point it out everytime I see someone building a machine that could fall into this issue especially given this builder is going to run SLI and wanted to eleviate bottlenecks and as you can plainly see he has the issue and had I have not pointed it out before it was even verified or he even recieved the parts do you think he would have caught it and in end would have been letdown by perfomrance issues especially with SLI and this issue.

I bet he was having this issue while he was running the 8350 also and I want to say this SlayeCohenX PLZ keep in mind that CPU is around 10% faster than the 8350 and in general seems to handle stuff like SLI a bit better than the 8350 and 1866mhz ram with tight timings will give you the best performance overall PM me when you get ready I can walk you thru some tweaks to help you out in general that will drastically increase your experience with SLI or crossfire.

here are some things I advise to do http://forum.cakewalk.com/Windows-7-amp-Core-Parking-a-better-way-to-Turn-It-OFF-m1861804.aspx http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-superfetch-prefetch-ssd I have more but those are rig specific and after you PM me I can walk you thru them.

The reason core parking needs to be shut off is since AMD FX CPU's use modules they often shutdown adjacent cores on same module sharing same cache which causes a reset of cache or cache flush which will drastically impact overall performance making the CPU have to refill the data into the cache all over again for work task it is set on making it double work the cache increasing latency on the processing of a set task making CPU in general run much less efficient and slower.

windows 7 and vista were some of the worst about the core parking issues with the FX's modules approach windows 8 is much better about it but still has the issue but much less of an issue than the other OS's.

Now as for the superfetch issues gamers want this off it will eat resources while trying to do demanding stuff like gaming what superfetch does is prefetch data from days or weeks ago of web browsing and programs ran and such into ram and onto the hardrive while you are doing other intensive tasks like gaming. This will eat ram and hardrive speed up along with CPU cycles and in many situations the impact can be very easily noticed it can cause hitching or stutter / FPS drops while playing a game BF4 was plaqued with this and as far as I know it still is many other games also due to the amount of resources high end modern games use every little bit counts.
Edited by rickcooperjr - 12/11/14 at 8:37am
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #508 of 525
Quote:
Hey Johan45 there is proof to the bug I talked about before PLZ understand I didn't call you out on it to be mean but to make sure you see it with your own eyes so you can learn about it as you said never heard of it or seen it before for some reason huge amount of boards have this issue AKA my term well known issue that the general public don't know about which I always give preemptive advice about it and how to remedy it.

I did acknowledge the "bug" which, I personally wouldn't call a bug but poor coding on the part of the BIOS writers. Even on my CHV-z if I swap to 2400 memory the HT will drop to 2200 and NB at 2400. Typically it would be 2200 NB and 2600 HT. I realize the NB has to be 2400 or higher for 2400 ram but why did the HT default to 2200. I don't think it's a bug in the chipset but poor handling in programming stages. The board manufacturers spend very little time working on this current AMD platform since there's not enough money in sales for them to justify the time. They spend most resources on their INTEL lines since that's the Lion share of their profit. Just my opinion mind you.
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
Bench
(9 items)
 
Intel Bench
(8 items)
 
DVD Player
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 9370,FX 8350, FX 6350, PII X4 965 ASUS Crosshair V Formula z, ASUS Sabertooth 990... 2x ASUS GTX580 DCUII, ASUS HD 6970 G.Skill Flare 1800, Pi Black 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Kingston Hyperx 3K Phobya Supernova 1260 Koolance 380a Win7 Pro 64 Leadex SuperFlower 1K 
Case
Banchetto 101 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Evga GTX 980Ti K|NGP|N G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 850 Pro Dragon Extreme F1 Windows 7 / Vista /XP Superflower Leadex 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600x MSI x370 Titanium ASUS GTX980 DCII G.Skill Trident Z RGB  
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 
  hide details  
Reply
post #509 of 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcooperjr View Post


Hey notice your HT ( Hyper Transport ) running 2200MHZ you got the bug set in bios HT at 2600mhz and NB at 2200mhz otherwise you are being gimped for no reason remember I said something about this issue and many don't catch it and blame AMD for being slow or unable to play games properly to its potential and well it does hamper performance especially with a high end GPU and a demanding game or if running SLI/crossfire PLZ readjust the before mentioned things manually to get your full OEM potential.

The HT speed will affect nearly every aspect of the machine because almost everything is funneled thru it and NB so it being 400mhz below what it is suppose to be OEM will cause a huge slowdown on nearly everything.

I would like to know also what speed of ram you running and what mobo while in bios check ram speeds and timings and adjust accordingly this will also help you get max potential OEM performance unlike Intel on AMD you have to often set ram speed and timings manually.

Hey Johan45 there is proof to the bug I talked about before PLZ understand I didn't call you out on it to be mean but to make sure you see it with your own eyes so you can learn about it as you said never heard of it or seen it before for some reason huge amount of boards have this issue AKA my term well known issue that the general public don't know about which I always give preemptive advice about it and how to remedy it.

I also want to point out alot of times users of the AMD FX CPU's have no idea about the issue and just complain about odd performance or lack there of and when you get down to it its the users fault for not catching this issue and fixing it . So I point it out everytime I see someone building a machine that could fall into this issue especially given this builder is going to run SLI and wanted to eleviate bottlenecks and as you can plainly see he has the issue and had I have not pointed it out before it was even verified or he even recieved the parts do you think he would have caught it and in end would have been letdown by perfomrance issues especially with SLI and this issue.

I bet he was having this issue while he was running the 8350 also and I want to say this SlayeCohenX PLZ keep in mind that CPU is around 10% faster than the 8350 and in general seems to handle stuff like SLI a bit better than the 8350 and 1866mhz ram with tight timings will give you the best performance overall PM me when you get ready I can walk you thru some tweaks to help you out in general that will drastically increase your experience with SLI or crossfire.

here are some things I advise to do http://forum.cakewalk.com/Windows-7-amp-Core-Parking-a-better-way-to-Turn-It-OFF-m1861804.aspx http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-superfetch-prefetch-ssd I have more but those are rig specific and after you PM me I can walk you thru them.

The reason core parking needs to be shut off is since AMD FX CPU's use modules they often shutdown adjacent cores on same module sharing same cache which causes a reset of cache or cache flush which will drastically impact overall performance making the CPU have to refill the data into the cache all over again for work task it is set on making it double work the cache increasing latency on the processing of a set task making CPU in general run much less efficient and slower.

windows 7 and vista were some of the worst about the core parking issues with the FX's modules approach windows 8 is much better about it but still has the issue but much less of an issue than the other OS's.

Now as for the superfetch issues gamers want this off it will eat resources while trying to do demanding stuff like gaming what superfetch does is prefetch data from days or weeks ago of web browsing and programs ran and such into ram and onto the hardrive while you are doing other intensive tasks like gaming. This will eat ram and hardrive speed up along with CPU cycles and in many situations the impact can be very easily noticed it can cause hitching or stutter / FPS drops while playing a game BF4 was plaqued with this and as far as I know it still is many other games also due to the amount of resources high end modern games use every little bit counts.

Thank you very much for the insights mate, i don't don't know much about it but as you said, you will walk me through it, so i feel better in this matter haha.

My system specs:

MOBO: Sabbertooth 990fx 2.0 last bios installed.
Ram: 2x G skill Sniper 4gb and 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb, both 1600mhz at 9 9 9 24 (they usually start at 1333 but i set them to run at 1600mhz) 16gb
GPU: Gtx 970 gigabyte (gonna do SLI in january) (Not the G1, Windforce 3x OC)
CPU: 9590 i'm using the turbo mode at 5.0 (H100i)
SSD: 120gb
HD: 1x 2tb, 2x external. 750gb and a 500gb
OS: Windows 8.1
PSU: Corsair TX 850

English is not my first language so i don't usually understand abreviations, thanks again. thumb.gif
post #510 of 525
Np man that is why I tried to leave both the abreviated and the technical meening on most of the technical stuff hince HT or hyper transport and Nb as north bridge which I explained before.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Nothing to see here