Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] Battlefield 4 Won't Support Mods
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[KT] Battlefield 4 Won't Support Mods - Page 12

post #111 of 119
Good. Don't want this game to get modded. I prefer it to have class.
Blue
(19 items)
 
Dirty 6
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k @ 4.5ghz HT  Sabertooth X79 2x Asus DirectCU 7970 @ 1200/1600 16gb Gskill 2400 @ 10-12-11-30  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
2xCorsair Gt 120gb Raid 0 2tb HDD (2x1tb [ Raid 0 ]64mb cache) 500gb HDD Custom Watercooling Loop 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 XSPC Raystorm Alphacool WHITE 360mm Monsta 7 x Artic F12 Case Fans Custom Sleeved in White... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 64bit 3 x 21.5in Led 1080p Eyefinity Corsair K90  750 Evo Blue 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Haf 932 Func MS3^2 Ikari Laser & Rat 7 & Deathadder & L... Func XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd 8350 @ 4.5 stock voltage MSI 890GXM-gd65 Asus DCII GTX 660 16gb Gskill DDR3 1600@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
120GB revo drive None Sycthe Big Shuriken 2 Modded Titan TTC-HDC4 HDD 
OSPowerCase
Window 7 64bit  750w Evo Blue Modular PSU White Silverstone Sugo sg02 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue
(19 items)
 
Dirty 6
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k @ 4.5ghz HT  Sabertooth X79 2x Asus DirectCU 7970 @ 1200/1600 16gb Gskill 2400 @ 10-12-11-30  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOptical DriveCooling
2xCorsair Gt 120gb Raid 0 2tb HDD (2x1tb [ Raid 0 ]64mb cache) 500gb HDD Custom Watercooling Loop 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC 750 XSPC Raystorm Alphacool WHITE 360mm Monsta 7 x Artic F12 Case Fans Custom Sleeved in White... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 64bit 3 x 21.5in Led 1080p Eyefinity Corsair K90  750 Evo Blue 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Haf 932 Func MS3^2 Ikari Laser & Rat 7 & Deathadder & L... Func XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd 8350 @ 4.5 stock voltage MSI 890GXM-gd65 Asus DCII GTX 660 16gb Gskill DDR3 1600@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
120GB revo drive None Sycthe Big Shuriken 2 Modded Titan TTC-HDC4 HDD 
OSPowerCase
Window 7 64bit  750w Evo Blue Modular PSU White Silverstone Sugo sg02 
  hide details  
Reply
post #112 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock999 View Post

Plus, all that new content would help extend the life of the game.

Having a massive library of FREE content to go with your purchase is incredible. It's the same reason the Half Life series has been so successful.

Mods are a big part of what led me to fall in love with PC gaming but someone seems to need to inform you that it's no longer 2001. Money and DLC aside games and gaming are different now. We fought this battle, of sorts, with BF3 and, frankly, no one but you is even thinking about "mod support" anymore as far as I have seen and this whole thread is kind of ridiculous.
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #113 of 119
dont care. let me play it now
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #114 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyvillain View Post

Mods are a big part of what led me to fall in love with PC gaming but someone seems to need to inform you that it's no longer 2001. Money and DLC aside games and gaming are different now. We fought this battle, of sorts, with BF3 and, frankly, no one but you is even thinking about "mod support" anymore as far as I have seen and this whole thread is kind of ridiculous.

"Ridiculous"? That's not true, despite how expected this news is.

Lots of people are thinking about mod support. Could you imagine the insane things the community could come up with? Entire successful, commercial titles have roots as mods, and it would be amazing to see the talent interested in developing content for this game do so.
post #115 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyvillain View Post

Mods are a big part of what led me to fall in love with PC gaming but someone seems to need to inform you that it's no longer 2001. Money and DLC aside games and gaming are different now. We fought this battle, of sorts, with BF3 and, frankly, no one but you is even thinking about "mod support" anymore as far as I have seen and this whole thread is kind of ridiculous.

How so?
NZXT Source 210
(12 items)
 
Lanbox Lite
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black Onkyo TX-NR545, Grado Labs SR80, Cerwin Vega E3... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Asrock G31M-VS EVGA 8800GTS 2GB Crucial DDR2 PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 250GB  Samsung DVD-R/RW Stock Intel Windows XP Professional 32bit 
Case
Thermaltake Lanbox Lite 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
NZXT Source 210
(12 items)
 
Lanbox Lite
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 8.1 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black Onkyo TX-NR545, Grado Labs SR80, Cerwin Vega E3... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Asrock G31M-VS EVGA 8800GTS 2GB Crucial DDR2 PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 250GB  Samsung DVD-R/RW Stock Intel Windows XP Professional 32bit 
Case
Thermaltake Lanbox Lite 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #116 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Racing View Post

I realised why they never added the mod support to BF3 once premium and all the DLC turned up. Only reason they wont do it is because they'll make more money.

This ^

Still looking good though.
Edited by Blackops_2 - 7/1/13 at 9:21pm
Green Envy
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified 16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G15 Seasonic X-1250 Corsair 800D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Envy
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified 16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G15 Seasonic X-1250 Corsair 800D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #117 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Racing View Post

I realised why they never added the mod support to BF3 once premium and all the DLC turned up. Only reason they wont do it is because they'll make more money.

and what is so wrong w/ a company making money ?
and who's business but the corporate shareholder is it to judge how much profit is enough ?
Do you have a job ? If your company did not turn a profit, just where do you think the money to cover your payroll would come from ?

I get tired of people whining about how terrible EA is for making money on DLC or other various aspects of their games. Here's a thought, if you don't want to pay for it, DON'T BUY IT !
Speaking for myself, I'm glad they turn out a new Battlefield game every few years. I've been very happy w/ every installment so far, especially BF 2142 and I want a new and fresh game that's updated with new maps, tactics&features and engine technology every few years.
For what this game cost, when you take into account just how much more other rec activities cost, it's an excellent value for the money for the 1000 + hrs. of playing time you'll get out it and to anyone who say's " I'm not gonna buy it because there's no mod support.", guess what ? No one really cares and it will be your loss for not buying it. biggrin.gif
Edited by Lhotse - 7/6/13 at 1:22am
FRANKENST3IN II
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 4.0 GHz ASUS Crosshair V Formula 2 x EVGA GTX 580 3 GB 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB/W.D. Caviar Black 1.5TB Plextor PX-B940SA Corsair H-100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG236H 120 hz w/ Nvidia 3D Logitech G19 OCZ ZX 1250 w Cooler Master Haf X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Sentinel Z3RO G Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar Xense w/ Sennheiser PC 350/Logitech ... 
  hide details  
Reply
FRANKENST3IN II
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 4.0 GHz ASUS Crosshair V Formula 2 x EVGA GTX 580 3 GB 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB/W.D. Caviar Black 1.5TB Plextor PX-B940SA Corsair H-100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG236H 120 hz w/ Nvidia 3D Logitech G19 OCZ ZX 1250 w Cooler Master Haf X 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Sentinel Z3RO G Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar Xense w/ Sennheiser PC 350/Logitech ... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 119
Sure it's okay to look at it that way but when you take out the modding community and all the extra support that makes PC gaming, it screams that they want control of the market. Add the fact that they basically force premium down your throat because it divides the community and basically if you want to continue to play you need to buy premium. Don't get me wrong i enjoyed the DLC but i didn't pay 50$ and i never plan to. I think it's greed and a cash grab. I don't disagree that they should be payed something but even 3$ a map is BS as is the fact that you'll never see anymore maps other than what they put out. Again because of no mod tools. It's going to be a fun game i'm going to get it, and eventually i'll catch premium on sale again like i did this time around, but in no way am i happy about paying EA for content that only they can deliver because they wont provide mod tools, regardless of the excuse. That's how i feel about it and it will probably never change because i started out gaming on PC in a very different time compared to what it is now. JMHO on these things.
Green Envy
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified 16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G15 Seasonic X-1250 Corsair 800D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Envy
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified 16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G15 Seasonic X-1250 Corsair 800D 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #119 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese View Post

Mod support wasn't in BF3. The game was still fantastic.

BF3 is built on Frostbite, an engine that only EA studios can use. You really think they'll give out mod tools for it to some random shmoe when they aren't licensing it out to outside studios for $$ like the cryengine?


To be honest, Battlefield 2 is my favorite PC game, but I think Battlefield 3 is absolute junk. The worst Battlefield game I've played.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [KT] Battlefield 4 Won't Support Mods