Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by adic
ok will the computer is more or less a project because i want to know how to do it and i want to make a really good one lol also its going to be used for gaming mostly and playing movies at the same time but i have plans for 3 monitors once im done with it but what kinda motherboard and case did you have in mind also i havnt picked out a sound card yet
a few question?
1, why shouldnt i install games on a ssd
2, why is it better to overclock with 2 sticks of ram instead of 4
1. If you keep more room on your SSD, the read times will remain higher, and it'll most likely improve the lifespan of the SSD.
2. When you have less memory in, there is less chances for instability, as well as the IMC at certain times doesn't have to stabilize and control all the memory modules. There's a lot of other things as well that contribute to this.
Well there's more questions I'd like to ask now
- What's the resolution on the monitors going to be?
- Why do you need/ want 3 monitors?
- Would you really need a dedicated sound card when there's already decent/ good onboard audio on a lot of gaming motherboards now?
Here's just a small PC I've put together, if people wanna tweak it/ change it feel free too. It's just what I think would be enough, without needing a huge case. As well, there's no need to water cool already fairly cool and quiet graphics cards, other than for looks in my opinion. Now if it were a GTX 690, or a Radeon 7990/ 7970 which throw off mounds of heat, then I can understand, because I WC'ed my last 7970.
With this build, you'll be able to run Raid 1, effectively mirroring your data for security, while having an SSD for the boot speeds. Dual GPU's are also included for the extra power, all in a nice little MATX case, with a nice visual appeal to it.
Oh and you said you really don't have a budget? I'm gonna have fun with this
I also left out the OS because you didn't have one on your original link.