Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 350D Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair 350D Owners Club - Page 149

post #1481 of 5046
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

Avoid the fan controller if you can. Im in the process of trying to sell my dual bay fan controller ATM. I mean I love the controller itself, but the wider dimensions of the 350d really don't work well with it. Another idea (if you're good with a Dremel and a hole saw) would be to cut the metal sheets on the 5.25' bays so they stick onto the fan controller but still give you access to the dials/LCD. I considered it myself but alas I don't have the hardware

Yeah these gaps are kicking my OCD into overdrive... so I won't be using the top bays after all. I'm going to rip out the top cage to fit a bigger res... wish me luck lol gunner2.gif
post #1482 of 5046
i ordered last week the DEMCIFlex Filter set for the 350D...does anyone else use them?

i have never used filters before, and have cleaned out my computer twice now since i have had my case. i hope they are great filters, and i don't mind the looks much at all.
post #1483 of 5046
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrwng View Post

i ordered last week the DEMCIFlex Filter set for the 350D...does anyone else use them?

i have never used filters before, and have cleaned out my computer twice now since i have had my case. i hope they are great filters, and i don't mind the looks much at all.

When you get them, can you let me know how well they fit? I'm debating about whether to get a set of those myself.biggrin.gif
post #1484 of 5046
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the Hydro H100i will fit the 350d case (top configuration) with an Asus P8Z77-M PRO Motherboard, I've seen some builds where it's a very tight fit with the cables at the top.


Thanks in advance
post #1485 of 5046
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsonian View Post

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the Hydro H100i will fit the 350d case (top configuration) with an Asus P8Z77-M PRO Motherboard, I've seen some builds where it's a very tight fit with the cables at the top.


Thanks in advance

I am not familiar with that particular mobo, but I'm yet to hear about a situation regarding a H100i not fitting in the 350D with a mainstream matx mobo such as the Asus z77-M range. Looking at pictures of the P8Z77-M PRO, it looks like the CPU 8-pin power connector would be a tight fit, but it still looks do-able smile.gif

all the best
post #1486 of 5046
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

I am not familiar with that particular mobo, but I'm yet to hear about a situation regarding a H100i not fitting in the 350D with a mainstream matx mobo such as the Asus z77-M range. Looking at pictures of the P8Z77-M PRO, it looks like the CPU 8-pin power connector would be a tight fit, but it still looks do-able smile.gif

all the best

Thanks fleetfeather much appreciated thumb.gif
post #1487 of 5046
I believe the only problem you'll run into the H100i and a 350D is if you're running push/pull at the same time and if you're adding a CD drive on the top bay. The motherboard would be mounted below where the fans will be set up so I think it's fine. I currently have a Kraken X60 in my 350D so just believe!!!
Edited by jacqg - 11/15/13 at 6:06am
post #1488 of 5046
just wanna share my updated rig, just painted the ram and gpu shroud smile.gif

post #1489 of 5046
That looks really cool.
post #1490 of 5046
For what it's worth, I've had good results "masking" the blu-ray drive on my recent build. Have the photo shoot tomorrow for the computer itself, but thought I'd share this tip.

I removed the metal plate from the stock drive cover on the case. This was just a matter of using a razor blade and releasing it from the glue. Cleaned off all the glue and had just the metal plate. Then used 3M mounting tape to adhere it to the front, which actually spaced it pretty well. You can open the drive by pressing on the bottom right corner of the panel...the tape is flexible enough to allow it to still function.





Here's a video of it opening and closing:

Edited by RebootTech - 3/31/14 at 11:32am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 350D Owners Club