Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 350D Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair 350D Owners Club - Page 180

post #1791 of 5046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Gutsyย View Post

Wait.... whats wrong with the CX units... I have a CX 750M. I don't do anything drastic with it (no sli, gpu overclocks, and at the moment no cpu overclocks). I just got it cause it was cheap and semi-modular. I plan on overclocking my i5-3570k soon to a low overclock of around 4.2 or so. This PSU can handle that right :/

EDIT: Did a quick google and apparently the CX750 is built differently than other CX units? Is this true?

From memory, all CX units have Capxon capacitors, which are cheap Chinese capacitors. This means in extreme environments they are prone to failure much quicker than higher quality taiwanese or japanese caps.
The 750M is probably a CWT made unit (CWT is a OEM), so quality control and craftsmanship may be lacking somewhat.

If you aren't loading your case full of high end components and running them outside manufacture spec, you should be okay, but you should never skimp on a quality PSU if you can, imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer1337ย View Post

Can this use an M-itx mobo with a gtx 760 or will it not mount properly?

It sure can. All the standoffs for mITX mobo's are installed by default, except for one which is included in the 350D accessory box.
post #1792 of 5046
wow fleet you are giving pretty awesome help biggrin.gif
post #1793 of 5046
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmDayย View Post

wow fleet you are giving pretty awesome help biggrin.gif
AX860 on the way...cheers.gif

Fleet is helpful... and that dog cracks me up!


So the only other thing I took a chance on is the MB, seems to be working well enough. Will not be able to really tell until I get the H100i and can start pushing things and see how I did in the silicon lotto, that will get here saturday. atm at least all seems stable, the Samsung EVO SSD is amazing boot time is silly. Memory.... Loaded the XMP profile and it didn't totally like it. I suspect I will have to input timings personally to get the advertised 2400mhz, that said it is doing 2133 without a problem. Have to wait until next month to get the video card. So Sad panda a little until then.
post #1794 of 5046
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmDayย View Post

wow fleet you are giving pretty awesome help biggrin.gif

smile.gif always happy to help with anything I have knowledge on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfugripย View Post

AX860 on the way...cheers.gif

Fleet is helpful... and that dog cracks me up!


So the only other thing I took a chance on is the MB, seems to be working well enough. Will not be able to really tell until I get the H100i and can start pushing things and see how I did in the silicon lotto, that will get here saturday. atm at least all seems stable, the Samsung EVO SSD is amazing boot time is silly. Memory.... Loaded the XMP profile and it didn't totally like it. I suspect I will have to input timings personally to get the advertised 2400mhz, that said it is doing 2133 without a problem. Have to wait until next month to get the video card. So Sad panda a little until then.

Yep, you may have to enter timings yourself for 2400 if the supplied XMP profiles don't go up to the memory SKU specs. When you get to overclocking, be sure to drop your ram back to 1600mhz at the start, as to rule out any memory instability while you start to find your stable core clocks.

I'm just coming off a 4 month waiting period for a graphics card. It can get tough but for the most part the integrated graphics can hold you for older games (I've been playing heaps of counter strike haha)

Good luck with it all smile.gif
post #1795 of 5046
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeatherย View Post

smile.gif always happy to help with anything I have knowledge on
Yep, you may have to enter timings yourself for 2400 if the supplied XMP profiles don't go up to the memory SKU specs. When you get to overclocking, be sure to drop your ram back to 1600mhz at the start, as to rule out any memory instability while you start to find your stable core clocks.

I'm just coming off a 4 month waiting period for a graphics card. It can get tough but for the most part the integrated graphics can hold you for older games (I've been playing heaps of counter strike haha)

Good luck with it all smile.gif

Noted on the memory clocks. I plan on doing some research after I get everything setup before I begin too. I've OC'd lotsa cpus, but with 3 kids, a wife, and just craziness I like to be well read and prepped before I go trying to make hardware beg for mercy.

Wow that's a while to go without something to push pixels haha.

I'll need that luck I am sure before it's all over with! smile.gif
post #1796 of 5046
Hi guys,

Out 650D, enter 350D, after post cabe manager and shot in ok? Sorry my english.



Configuration:
[ Asus Mรกximus IV Gene-Z ] [ Core i5 2500K ] [ Corsair H100 ] [ Corsair Dominator Platinum - 8Gb - 1866Mhz ] [ Asus GTX 670 DCII Top - Loading... ] [ Ocz Vertex 4 - 128Gb + Seagate Barracuda Green - 1.5Tb ] [ Antec TP-750 ] [ Corsair Obsidian 350D ]
[ Benq XL2420T ] [ CM Storm Quick Fire Stealth Keyboard - Cherry MX Red ] [ Cyborg R.A.T 5 Mouse ] [ Cyborg V3 Pad ] [ Microsoft Xbox360 Controller ] [ Vibemix UB 2.2 ] [ Steelseries 3H ] [ Pioneer DVR-XD10 Portable DVD Writer ]
post #1797 of 5046
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrus77ย View Post

Hi guys,

Out 650D, enter 350D, after post cabe manager and shot in ok? Sorry my english.



Configuration:
[ Asus Mรกximus IV Gene-Z ] [ Core i5 2500K ] [ Corsair H100 ] [ Corsair Dominator Platinum - 8Gb - 1866Mhz ] [ Asus GTX 670 DCII Top - Loading... ] [ Ocz Vertex 4 - 128Gb + Seagate Barracuda Green - 1.5Tb ] [ Antec TP-750 ] [ Corsair Obsidian 350D ]
[ Benq XL2420T ] [ CM Storm Quick Fire Stealth Keyboard - Cherry MX Red ] [ Cyborg R.A.T 5 Mouse ] [ Cyborg V3 Pad ] [ Microsoft Xbox360 Controller ] [ Vibemix UB 2.2 ] [ Steelseries 3H ] [ Pioneer DVR-XD10 Portable DVD Writer ]

Excellent choice in Mouse Sir. Have the RAT7 and love it.
post #1798 of 5046
Nice build. What desk is that?
post #1799 of 5046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Alย View Post

Excellent choice in Mouse Sir. Have the RAT7 and love it.

Yes, love my rat5 too. Very mouse. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmDayย View Post

Nice build. What desk is that?

Dimensions? Hum, no understand, sorry!!!
post #1800 of 5046
Very mouse. Much sensor. Wow


biggrin.gif just kidding haha, great looking build!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 350D Owners Club