Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 350D Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair 350D Owners Club - Page 207

post #2061 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrit View Post

Getting my Platinum 1KW PSU this week, so I can finally resume my build.

It's been on hold longer than a call to Telstra. Read: a long time - (fleet will understand)


LOL! oh god hahaha... I was actually on hold with them today sorting out my new phone plan...


Best of luck with the rest of your build!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2062 of 5039
My new toy:






Haven't decided on the rest of the parts yet
The psu (CX430M) will arrive tomorrow
Edited by whitextasy - 1/15/14 at 8:50am
post #2063 of 5039
I have a couple of questions:

First, has anyone tried using their stock CPU fan (or any CPU fan that's not a liquid cooling system) and compared the temps to when the liquid cooling was connected? Particularly on computers with overclocked processors and that are using a good sized portion of the CPU. I am interested in seeing if there really is that NEED for a liquid cooling system. It makes sense that liquid cooling is more efficient, but is the need TRULY there. Liquid cooling is decently expensive so if it isn't necessary, it's an easy way to save about $100.

Second, processor brands. I can get a lot more processor for a lot less money using AMD instead of Intel. However, I have heard people complain about driver support with AMD CPU's. What is the recommendation here? Is there truly a difference between the two? Does one perform better than the other?

Just looking for a general consensus. I'm on a tight budget, so if I can save a couple hundred, that would be wonderful.
post #2064 of 5039
quick ? does the corsair h100 fit this case ok ? not the h100i
post #2065 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdrake View Post

quick ? does the corsair h100 fit this case ok ? not the h100i

yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjal View Post

I have a couple of questions:

First, has anyone tried using their stock CPU fan (or any CPU fan that's not a liquid cooling system) and compared the temps to when the liquid cooling was connected? Particularly on computers with overclocked processors and that are using a good sized portion of the CPU. I am interested in seeing if there really is that NEED for a liquid cooling system. It makes sense that liquid cooling is more efficient, but is the need TRULY there. Liquid cooling is decently expensive so if it isn't necessary, it's an easy way to save about $100.

Second, processor brands. I can get a lot more processor for a lot less money using AMD instead of Intel. However, I have heard people complain about driver support with AMD CPU's. What is the recommendation here? Is there truly a difference between the two? Does one perform better than the other?

Just looking for a general consensus. I'm on a tight budget, so if I can save a couple hundred, that would be wonderful.

Yes, some sort of cooling above stock-fan level is required for real overclocking. You will run too hot otherwise.

For sure, if you're on a tight budget, going AMD will help you out a bit. Any complaints about AMD drivers will relate to their GPU's, not their CPU's. Very generally speaking, performance from a AMD CPU will typically either be the same or worse than a equivalent Intel CPU, depending on what you use your computer for.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2066 of 5039
is the h100 better then the h60 thou I have all ready with my i5 4670k ?
post #2067 of 5039
h100 will perform better than a h60
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2068 of 5039
But is the extra performance needed? Obviously a bigger radiator and extra fan is gonna work better, but is the extra cooling power neccesary?
post #2069 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjal View Post

But is the extra performance needed? Obviously a bigger radiator and extra fan is gonna work better, but is the extra cooling power neccesary?

if you want to overclock, yes. I personally know that haswell temps are outrageous, and I assume since the factory overclocked AMD processor (the 9590? can't remember now) is supposed to ship with a AIO cooler, you'll be in a similar position with any AMD chip.

edit: oh, you're talking about h100 vs h60. You could probably get away with a mild overclock with a h60. Probably won't want to bump core voltage past 1.28v though (speaking from experience with Haswell processors)
Edited by fleetfeather - 1/15/14 at 1:58pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2070 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjal View Post

But is the extra performance needed? Obviously a bigger radiator and extra fan is gonna work better, but is the extra cooling power neccesary?

Depends on your application. If you're running a Core i3 and not overclocking it, then you'll save a few degrees but it won't affect you that much.

If you're overclocking a K-series core i5/i7 and trying to squeeze a few extra megahertz out of it, then it can be a big benefit.

Like anything, it depends on the application.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 350D Owners Club