Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 350D Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair 350D Owners Club - Page 265

post #2641 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDizzurp View Post

According to rumours the biggest feature to come out of the next gen is native M.2 SSD support? If you have a z87 RoG board you already have M.2 support wink.gif
DDR4 would be the next big thing but I haven't read much on that yet nor do I think it's worth it just yet. DDR3 prices are high as it is, imagine DDR4.

True but I remember the days when for my x58 DDR3 1333mhz OCZ gold were about $300 for 2Gb x 3 modules. So if you say its expensive for Ram atm I would have to say you are delusional.

Sata Express is supposedly on the way, whether it makes revision for the board or not who knows.but that is bigger than M.2 in my book

You are correct though if you are on Z77 Z87 it makes no sense to upgrade but if you are coming from X58,or X79 it might be worth it just for the features.
post #2642 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

will you actually utilise 8c/16t? pretty much only workstations can make use of it... and the only thing which will be more expensive than a x99 mobo is the ddr4 dimms you decide to slot into it. tongue.gif

Welp he replied he was using it for, photo/video editing and game development software so yes technically depending on what software he is using yes and no, fact of the matter is x58,x79,x99 is made for a hybrid build just like the titan's true purpose of being for hybrid computing I myself do just about the same and Intel created this platform for people that use the computers for everyday and gaming but also have capabilities for entry workstation loads. BTW in the next 5 years even gaming will start to utilize 8 natural cores hyperthreading won't happen in gaming it is way 2 much a pain to encode for in the gaming scene.

Dude I remember paying $300 for my x58 modules back in the day 6GB 2Gbx3 1333mhz OCZ Gold, and I paid 500$ for my Asus Rampage 2 Extreme during those times so if you are saying it will be more expensive than that you are delusional
X99 gene Asus ROG board will be around $300-$400
starting DDR4 RAM will prob be about $300 for the dims half filled(probably 4Gbx4) if you wait a couple months after initial release when supply starts to stack.You can always come back to the Ram later an improve with the newer modules and sell off the old ones.

The only other suggestion I could make to him is wait for the Titan Black it will be between the 1k to 1.2k dollar mark spending 200-400 for the double float and the extra VRAM is worth it over the 780Ti.

Games in the next 5 years will jump majorly anyways you will see native 64bit to use the excessive RAM due to NVidias Maxwell buffer read outs and everything seems to cache now on the system Ram especially the EVO and pro Samsung drives with the new software.
post #2643 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal101 View Post

Welp he replied he was using it for, photo/video editing and game development software so yes technically depending on what software he is using yes and no, fact of the matter is x58,x79,x99 is made for a hybrid build just like the titan's true purpose of being for hybrid computing I myself do just about the same and Intel created this platform for people that use the computers for everyday and gaming but also have capabilities for entry workstation loads. BTW in the next 5 years even gaming will start to utilize 8 natural cores hyperthreading won't happen in gaming it is way 2 much a pain to encode for in the gaming scene.

Dude I remember paying $300 for my x58 modules back in the day 6GB 2Gbx3 1333mhz OCZ Gold, and I paid 500$ for my Asus Rampage 2 Extreme during those times so if you are saying it will be more expensive than that you are delusional
X99 gene Asus ROG board will be around $300-$400
starting DDR4 RAM will prob be about $300 for the dims half filled(probably 4Gbx4) if you wait a couple months after initial release when supply starts to stack.You can always come back to the Ram later an improve with the newer modules and sell off the old ones.

The only other suggestion I could make to him is wait for the Titan Black it will be between the 1k to 1.2k dollar mark spending 200-400 for the double float and the extra VRAM is worth it over the 780Ti.

Games in the next 5 years will jump majorly anyways you will see native 64bit to use the excessive RAM due to NVidias Maxwell buffer read outs and everything seems to cache now on the system Ram especially the EVO and pro Samsung drives with the new software.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but I respectfully disagree with most of what you've just said tongue.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2644 of 5039
Opinion, actually most of what I stated is pure fact, from the horses mouth so to speak, you are entitled to opinions but that doesn't change the world, if it did we would all be in trouble.

Don't say you just disagree either it makes you look like a moron state why and state fact to back up your thoughts, leaving people hang is just plain ignorance, because honestly people are interested in WHY? and how do you think the way you are.
post #2645 of 5039
Hi all,

I'm planning to build a new rig and i have a concern with using the corsair 350d for my chassis

my future rig spec:

Corsair 350d
Asus ROG maximus vi gene
Corsair H100i + 2x corsair SP120 (attached to top vent)
Corsair AX860i
2x sapphire r9-290x
2x NZXT kraken g10
2x corsair H90 + 2x corsair SP140 (attached to the front vent)
1x corsair AF120 (rear exhaust)

P.S. i omitted several other parts which i thought wasn't relevant.

Question is, would the 350d have enough clearance for 2 NZXT kraken g10? it seems like the g10 takes up around 2.5 slot space so I'm not sure if there is enough clearance between the 2nd g10 (bottom one) and the PSU

TIA to whoever can help me with this! biggrin.gif
Edited by 8bitwonderland - 2/28/14 at 9:37am
post #2646 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal101 View Post

Welp he replied he was using it for, photo/video editing and game development software so yes technically depending on what software he is using yes and no, fact of the matter is x58,x79,x99 is made for a hybrid build just like the titan's true purpose of being for hybrid computing I myself do just about the same and Intel created this platform for people that use the computers for everyday and gaming but also have capabilities for entry workstation loads. BTW in the next 5 years even gaming will start to utilize 8 natural cores hyperthreading won't happen in gaming it is way 2 much a pain to encode for in the gaming scene.

Dude I remember paying $300 for my x58 modules back in the day 6GB 2Gbx3 1333mhz OCZ Gold, and I paid 500$ for my Asus Rampage 2 Extreme during those times so if you are saying it will be more expensive than that you are delusional
X99 gene Asus ROG board will be around $300-$400
starting DDR4 RAM will prob be about $300 for the dims half filled(probably 4Gbx4) if you wait a couple months after initial release when supply starts to stack.You can always come back to the Ram later an improve with the newer modules and sell off the old ones.

The only other suggestion I could make to him is wait for the Titan Black it will be between the 1k to 1.2k dollar mark spending 200-400 for the double float and the extra VRAM is worth it over the 780Ti.

Games in the next 5 years will jump majorly anyways you will see native 64bit to use the excessive RAM due to NVidias Maxwell buffer read outs and everything seems to cache now on the system Ram especially the EVO and pro Samsung drives with the new software.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but I respectfully disagree with most of what you've just said tongue.gif

I've noticed when people say "you're entitled to your own opinion" what they're really saying is "I agree but I'm too stubborn to change my stance"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
post #2647 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitwonderland View Post

Hi all,

I'm planning to build a new rig and i have a concern with using the corsair 350d for my chassis

my future rig spec:

Corsair 350d
Asus ROG maximus vi gene
Corsair H100i + 2x corsair SP120 (attached to top vent)
Corsair AX860i
2x sapphire r9-290x
2x NZXT kraken g10
2x corsair H90 + 2x corsair SP140 (attached to the front vent)
1x corsair AF120 (rear exhaust)

P.S. i omitted several other parts which i thought wasn't relevant.

Question is, would the 350d have enough clearance for 2 NZXT kraken g10? it seems like the g10 takes up around 2.5 slot space so I'm not sure if there is enough clearance between the 2nd g10 (bottom one) and the PSU

TIA to whoever can help me with this! biggrin.gif

SP140s don't exist sadly
The quality and performance of the AX tends to be better than the AXi thanks to it being based on Seasonics X series.
How much are you getting those R9's for? It's time for me to upgrade my 5770.
post #2648 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal101 View Post

Opinion, actually most of what I stated is pure fact, from the horses mouth so to speak, you are entitled to opinions but that doesn't change the world, if it did we would all be in trouble.

Don't say you just disagree either it makes you look like a moron state why and state fact to back up your thoughts, leaving people hang is just plain ignorance, because honestly people are interested in WHY? and how do you think the way you are.

Your own experiences are no doubt fact, but they may not be representative or generalisable to a broader audience. Furthermore, I question your source for prices of DDR4 kits and x99 mobo's. You'll notice I myself did not list any prices, because I don't know them (I assume you don't either). I do however, have a general understanding of new-product price gouging, current ddr3 prices relative to launch ddr3 prices, and the cost of feature-rich x79 mobo's across different periods of the x79 timeline.

Ignorance might be in both your own and Don's comments; just because someone chooses not to carry on with a argument/discussion which you clearly feel quite passionate about does not mean they simply have nothing they could say. Rather I simply read some peoples replies and the sources/justification therein and identify lost causes when I see them.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5775C (4.4 @ 1.36v) VII Impact 1080Ti Ballistix LP 2x8GB (2133 9-10-9-24 T1) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
XP941 256GB Ultra II 960GB D15 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
X34 Poker 2 (Clears) 460w fanless FD Nano S 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G303 Artisan Hayate Audioengine D1 + AT A700X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2649 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal101 View Post

Opinion, actually most of what I stated is pure fact, from the horses mouth so to speak, you are entitled to opinions but that doesn't change the world, if it did we would all be in trouble.

Don't say you just disagree either it makes you look like a moron state why and state fact to back up your thoughts, leaving people hang is just plain ignorance, because honestly people are interested in WHY? and how do you think the way you are.

Your own experiences are no doubt fact, but they may not be representative or generalisable to a broader audience. Furthermore, I question your source for prices of DDR4 kits and x99 mobo's. You'll notice I myself did not list any prices, because I don't know them (I assume you don't either). I do however, have a general understanding of new-product price gouging, current ddr3 prices relative to launch ddr3 prices, and the cost of feature-rich x79 mobo's across different periods of the x79 timeline.

Ignorance might be in both your own and Don's comments; just because someone chooses not to carry on with a argument/discussion which you clearly feel quite passionate about does not mean they simply have nothing they could say. Rather I simply read some peoples replies and the sources/justification therein and identify lost causes when I see them.

He was predicting pricing. No where did he claim to know prices. Yet again you said nothing relevant. Explain your stance rather then resorting to ad hominems

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
post #2650 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitwonderland View Post

Hi all,
I'm planning to build a new rig and i have a concern with using the corsair 350d for my chassis
Question is, would the 350d have enough clearance for 2 NZXT kraken g10? it seems like the g10 takes up around 2.5 slot space so I'm not sure if there is enough clearance between the 2nd g10 (bottom one) and the PSU TIA to whoever can help me with this! biggrin.gif
Well,looking at another member's rig with the G10,I'd have to say no....Or at least it looks like it's going to be a reeeeaally tight fit..
http://www.overclock.net/t/1401102/lightbox/post/21847700/id/1906449
Quote:
Originally Posted by VindalooJim View Post

Thanks mate +REP. I'll check that polish out, did you order it from Amazon.com? I can find it on Amazon.co.uk but only from 3rd party sellers.

I will do, I'll post pictures soon, just need to tweak the cabling a little! Just booted her up for the first time today. This is my first post on Red Dwarf biggrin.gif
Cool man,another 350D is alive and kicking!! wheee.gif
Well to tell you the truth,I bought it here,locally,after a lot of searching though..The online deals were a steal for me with the shipping thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif !!!
But i did check out ebay,and there were literally a ton of listings, so check it out,man..
Edited by mAs81 - 2/28/14 at 12:34pm
   
Air 240 Purple
(15 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
intel i7-4790K Delid Asus Z97 Gryphon Sapphire Vapor-X OC R9 290 4GB  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1600MHz @ 1866MHz Western Digital 2TB Red  OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 128 GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair H75 Hydro series Push/Pull Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition High Sta... Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition High Air... Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung Syncmaster P2470HD TV monitor Dell U2713HM Magicforce 68 Gateron Reds Coolermaster V850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 350D window Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair Vengeance MM200 Extended Edition Gaming... Creative Gigaworks T40 SeriesII 
AudioAudioOtherOther
FiiO Olympus 2 E10K Beyerdynamic DT 990 NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller BitFenix Alchemy extension cables blue 
OtherOther
TP-LINK TL-WDN3800 Sharkoon 5.25" Bay Extension 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Atom Quad Core Z3740 (1.33-1.86GHz) Intel HD Graphics(Ivy Bridge) 2 GB DDR3  32 GB eMMC  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 500GB Kingston 16Gb Micro SD Windows 10 Home 32-bit 10.1" IPS (1368 x 768) 
CaseMouse
iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case - Blue Logitech M560 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670 ASRock z97m Pro4 msi Gaming 280X  Kingston HyperX Savage 2x4gb @1600 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston ValueRam 2x4gb @1600 Mushkin Triactor 120gb SSD HGST Travelstar 7k1000 1Tb Cryorig C7 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SP120 Purple LED X4 Windows 10 Pro  Samsung UE46D6500 46" 3D LED smart TV RII I8+ mini 
PowerCaseOther
Corsair HX620W Corsair Carbide Air 240 White edition BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 60cm RGB Magnetic LEDs 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Air 240 Purple
(15 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
intel i7-4790K Delid Asus Z97 Gryphon Sapphire Vapor-X OC R9 290 4GB  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1600MHz @ 1866MHz Western Digital 2TB Red  OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 128 GB Samsung 840 PRO SSD 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair H75 Hydro series Push/Pull Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition High Sta... Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition High Air... Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung Syncmaster P2470HD TV monitor Dell U2713HM Magicforce 68 Gateron Reds Coolermaster V850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 350D window Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair Vengeance MM200 Extended Edition Gaming... Creative Gigaworks T40 SeriesII 
AudioAudioOtherOther
FiiO Olympus 2 E10K Beyerdynamic DT 990 NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller BitFenix Alchemy extension cables blue 
OtherOther
TP-LINK TL-WDN3800 Sharkoon 5.25" Bay Extension 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Atom Quad Core Z3740 (1.33-1.86GHz) Intel HD Graphics(Ivy Bridge) 2 GB DDR3  32 GB eMMC  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 500GB Kingston 16Gb Micro SD Windows 10 Home 32-bit 10.1" IPS (1368 x 768) 
CaseMouse
iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case - Blue Logitech M560 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4670 ASRock z97m Pro4 msi Gaming 280X  Kingston HyperX Savage 2x4gb @1600 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston ValueRam 2x4gb @1600 Mushkin Triactor 120gb SSD HGST Travelstar 7k1000 1Tb Cryorig C7 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SP120 Purple LED X4 Windows 10 Pro  Samsung UE46D6500 46" 3D LED smart TV RII I8+ mini 
PowerCaseOther
Corsair HX620W Corsair Carbide Air 240 White edition BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 60cm RGB Magnetic LEDs 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 350D Owners Club