Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 350D Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair 350D Owners Club - Page 64

post #631 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBIN2shae View Post

Is it hard to fit a H100I into a 350D.
I bought my new pc yesterday i just don't want to damage my mobo with while i'm mounting the rad?
and how you can test your h100i for leaking before installing in your pc?

It shouldn't be difficult just mount the rad first and install it to the mobo once it's in the case. The only problem I ran into with mounting a rad in this case was my dam 8 pin cpu power since on my board it's literally on the top edge of the mobo.
post #632 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. biggums View Post

It shouldn't be difficult just mount the rad first and install it to the mobo once it's in the case. The only problem I ran into with mounting a rad in this case was my dam 8 pin cpu power since on my board it's literally on the top edge of the mobo.

Yea that thing was hard to connect to and i mounted my motherboard before the rad and had to move the wire a couple of times and i have to do the process of rewiring it all again in 2 weeks as my shipment of corsair sleeved cables got delayed frown.gif
RedBack
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
RedBack
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
post #633 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGIT View Post

H100i shouldn't leak only issue mine has after rma is that sometimes the pump doesn't work for me so I have to shut down and try again its kinda annoying but my comp boots in like 5 secs so its a lot better then my old computer which could take from 1 min to 3.
It wont damage your motherboard as i dropped the screws on my motherboard while mounting the cpu part of the pump many times as it was a difficult angle but it works fine other then what i mentioned ^.
Very nice and how long do you have to wait for the ax860i?

thank u

i dont really know how much time will i have to wait for the ax860 its about 3 week im waiting and i dont know what to do other than wait
post #634 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslo View Post

thank u

i dont really know how much time will i have to wait for the ax860 its about 3 week im waiting and i dont know what to do other than wait

The lime green of the CX seems to go well with the green accents on the Gigabyte board.
1st build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Asus Maximus VI Gene EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz Pro 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250GB Samsung EVO Corsair H100i Windows 8 64bit Asus VN248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Black Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Steelseries Diablo 3 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Steelseies QcK mini [want] Astro A40 2 AF-140 Quiet edition 1 AF-120 Performance 
Other
2 SP-120 Performance PWM 
  hide details  
Reply
1st build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Asus Maximus VI Gene EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz Pro 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250GB Samsung EVO Corsair H100i Windows 8 64bit Asus VN248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Black Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Steelseries Diablo 3 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Steelseies QcK mini [want] Astro A40 2 AF-140 Quiet edition 1 AF-120 Performance 
Other
2 SP-120 Performance PWM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #635 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. biggums View Post

It shouldn't be difficult just mount the rad first and install it to the mobo once it's in the case. The only problem I ran into with mounting a rad in this case was my dam 8 pin cpu power since on my board it's literally on the top edge of the mobo.

Yup. That was a major hurdle.
1st build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Asus Maximus VI Gene EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz Pro 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250GB Samsung EVO Corsair H100i Windows 8 64bit Asus VN248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Black Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Steelseries Diablo 3 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Steelseies QcK mini [want] Astro A40 2 AF-140 Quiet edition 1 AF-120 Performance 
Other
2 SP-120 Performance PWM 
  hide details  
Reply
1st build
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Asus Maximus VI Gene EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz Pro 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250GB Samsung EVO Corsair H100i Windows 8 64bit Asus VN248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Black Corsair AX860 Corsair 350D Steelseries Diablo 3 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Steelseies QcK mini [want] Astro A40 2 AF-140 Quiet edition 1 AF-120 Performance 
Other
2 SP-120 Performance PWM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #636 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFdes93 View Post

The lime green of the CX seems to go well with the green accents on the Gigabyte board.

yes but i think i can manage to change the AX red colour to Green and maybe paint Corsair's fan White ring Green too
post #637 of 5039
My Corsair Link setup came in yesterday. I set it up, and everything worked except the fan controller. Fans 1-4 were stuck at max RPM no matter what, but Fan 5 would adjust properly. I tried updating to the latest software and firmware for the commander unit, didn't help. Then I tried to update the firmware for the Cooling Kit. The update failed and bricked it, and I'm pretty sure I have to RMA it. The Link software works great though, as does the Lighting Kit. I'll try to put up pictures later today.
post #638 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobuk View Post

My Corsair Link setup came in yesterday. I set it up, and everything worked except the fan controller. Fans 1-4 were stuck at max RPM no matter what, but Fan 5 would adjust properly. I tried updating to the latest software and firmware for the commander unit, didn't help. Then I tried to update the firmware for the Cooling Kit. The update failed and bricked it, and I'm pretty sure I have to RMA it. The Link software works great though, as does the Lighting Kit. I'll try to put up pictures later today.

What fans are you using?
post #639 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post

What fans are you using?

I had plugged in two SP120 Quiet Editions, and three AF140s. All fans are 3-pin. Ports 1-2 were the SP120s, ports 3-5 were the AF140s.

I was going to switch the fan plugins around to see if port 5 would control every individual fan, but the firmware update bricked the device before I got to test it out. For now I know it controlled the one AF140, but the other AF140s in ports 3 and 4 could not be adjusted.

I have a ticket open as well, asking for direction. Can I fix the firmware problem with the Cooling Kit locally? Or will that need to go through the RMA process?
post #640 of 5039
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStark View Post

hmm, has anyone thought of modding a 350D to a reversed BTX case?
That sounds like fun
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 350D Owners Club