Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › What can and what cannot do my new things do?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What can and what cannot do my new things do? - Page 3

post #21 of 26
No worries.

The new 8 series MB are a step up all around. Better I/O ports, SATA, USB3.0 controllers, PCI, ethernet, audio codec, UEFI, onboard WiFi, swapable op-amps etc.

1150 is a new socket while 1155 is deprecated.

OCing is a pain in the but if it is not your hobby, you can't just toss out OCing as an option unless you are willing to divulge all the costs and problems doing so. Why spend hundreds on water-cooling, risk deliding and added electricity costs when the new chip will out perform both in processing and power consumption in it's stock form.
Main Rig
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770 ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Sapphire HD 7950 Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256 WD Caviar Black Samsung Windows 8 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Triple LG 22EA63 IPS Cinema Screens Ducky DK9087 Dragon Antec HCG-620M (620w) Fractal R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Sensei Raw steelseries 9HD Audioengine D1 DAC Sennheiser HD558 Cans 
AudioOtherOther
SE EL84 valve amplifier Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 Tuner Card Gyration remote control. 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770 ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Sapphire HD 7950 Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256 WD Caviar Black Samsung Windows 8 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Triple LG 22EA63 IPS Cinema Screens Ducky DK9087 Dragon Antec HCG-620M (620w) Fractal R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Sensei Raw steelseries 9HD Audioengine D1 DAC Sennheiser HD558 Cans 
AudioOtherOther
SE EL84 valve amplifier Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 Tuner Card Gyration remote control. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 26
Can you tell me what makes the featuires better precisely?


"Better I/O ports"
Are the meterials being used different than before?!
Better at ALL brands? What does "better" mean?.. how it is measurable?

"SATA"
What is better here "better" ?! At all brands.. Sata4? are you serius dude?
theres no sata4 atm..

"USB3.0 Controllers"
What is a difference between USB2 @ Socket 775 and USB2 @ S1155?
None! It might differ from Motherboard manufacturer to manufacturer which
controlling chips they use.. again not a measurable argument,


...and so on.

Please do more research before saying something like "everything thats new is better"
I really do not mean to be offensive but from my point of view, the arguments you are
using are not lead by logic.

Instead of burning cash on "pseudo" new hardware the OP coul easily get a nice sandy
with a 40$ aircooler and run it @4.4 ghz, no problem. No need for watercooling.

Please do backup an argument by facts and measurable data.

And do not forget.. the OP is willing to pay about 100€ for the board, so this is nothing
compared to maximus, sniper, fatality and so on.



Regards
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by All3n View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by smex View Post

STOP all pls..

First.. what would be your maximum budget and what do you expect?

AND pls list all components that you posess at the moment.. thank you.
we need more information. dudes here start shooting with suggestions
without knowing all necesarry stuff.. thanks (= danke) wink.gif

He gave you more then enough info to answer his simple questions.
He is talking about purchasing the core of his system, so peripherals will be of little value to you. He already has RAM, we assume he has a keyboard an a case etc, storage has nothing to do with his question, if his PSU is strong enough then he is good to go.

He showed his options in his post, so we assume he can afford said options.

I would not post your info as dudes will have you rebuilding with an obsolete i5 3570K, a $400 MB with "moor fazes" and an outdated OS.
Then the ironic part is they will now say you need to overclock it because it is not good enough. Huge DERP lol.
oh gawd yes I million 1+ I seen so many people spend a thousand dollars rebuilding there system then to find out they need to over click just to beat there old system rolleyes.gif

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

A 3570k will trash an i5 650 with no overclocking (or "over clicking" as you say) needed.

You really need to learn more before you post and at least use slightly proper english, your giving advice on a forum not texting a friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All3n View Post

No worries.

The new 8 series MB are a step up all around. Better I/O ports, SATA, USB3.0 controllers, PCI, ethernet, audio codec, UEFI, onboard WiFi, swapable op-amps etc.

1150 is a new socket while 1155 is deprecated.

OCing is a pain in the but if it is not your hobby, you can't just toss out OCing as an option unless you are willing to divulge all the costs and problems doing so. Why spend hundreds on water-cooling, risk deliding and added electricity costs when the new chip will out perform both in processing and power consumption in it's stock form.

OCing today is easier than ever, and its a free performance boost.

I do extreme overclocking and even that isn't too hard today compared to what it used to be.

Please get experience before making uneducated posts and steering someone in the wrong direction.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.9Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7 EVGA GTX 980Ti SC 4x 4GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD WD Caviar Blue SATA II 640GB EK CPUWB & Rad, Temporary XSPC Pump & Res, All ... Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x 1080p 24" Monitors Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair HX-750 NZXT Lexa S (Highly Modified) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga 2014 Steelseries QCK Kenwood KA-5500 Reciever & (Temporary) ATH-M30X's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Atom D525 2C/4T 1.8Ghz SuperMicro X7SPE-HF-D525 Integrated - Not Used 2x 2GB DDR3 Sodimms 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
4GB Sata DOM Passive (except for PSU Fan) Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 Jessie PicoPSU 120Watt with 60Watt EDAC Brick 
CaseOther
1U Supermicro DHCP/DNS/Munin 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.9Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7 EVGA GTX 980Ti SC 4x 4GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD WD Caviar Blue SATA II 640GB EK CPUWB & Rad, Temporary XSPC Pump & Res, All ... Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x 1080p 24" Monitors Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair HX-750 NZXT Lexa S (Highly Modified) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga 2014 Steelseries QCK Kenwood KA-5500 Reciever & (Temporary) ATH-M30X's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Atom D525 2C/4T 1.8Ghz SuperMicro X7SPE-HF-D525 Integrated - Not Used 2x 2GB DDR3 Sodimms 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
4GB Sata DOM Passive (except for PSU Fan) Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 Jessie PicoPSU 120Watt with 60Watt EDAC Brick 
CaseOther
1U Supermicro DHCP/DNS/Munin 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by smex View Post

Can you tell me what makes the featuires better precisely?


"Better I/O ports"
Are the meterials being used different than before?!
Better at ALL brands? What does "better" mean?.. how it is measurable?

"SATA"
What is better here "better" ?! At all brands.. Sata4? are you serius dude?
theres no sata4 atm..

"USB3.0 Controllers"
What is a difference between USB2 @ Socket 775 and USB2 @ S1155?
None! It might differ from Motherboard manufacturer to manufacturer which
controlling chips they use.. again not a measurable argument,


...and so on.

Please do more research before saying something like "everything thats new is better"
I really do not mean to be offensive but from my point of view, the arguments you are
using are not lead by logic.

Instead of burning cash on "pseudo" new hardware the OP coul easily get a nice sandy
with a 40$ aircooler and run it @4.4 ghz, no problem. No need for watercooling.

Please do backup an argument by facts and measurable data.

And do not forget.. the OP is willing to pay about 100€ for the board, so this is nothing
compared to maximus, sniper, fatality and so on.



Regards

Lets see, HDMI in and out, onboard optical, display port, etc. are all features not previously available on boards at these price points..

That's what I am talking bout, you can get a loaded board for less now.

Last time I checked USB 3.0 was superior to 2.0, more factory ports in this case the better.

I should not even waste my time as your stammering argument does not make any sense. Who said anything about SATA4?

And there it is folks, the recommendation to overheat an older chip to achieve "4.4" which has no direct comparison to what Haswell does at "4.4" which is more for less power lol

Do you really need a bar graph to understand that? lol
Main Rig
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770 ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Sapphire HD 7950 Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256 WD Caviar Black Samsung Windows 8 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Triple LG 22EA63 IPS Cinema Screens Ducky DK9087 Dragon Antec HCG-620M (620w) Fractal R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Sensei Raw steelseries 9HD Audioengine D1 DAC Sennheiser HD558 Cans 
AudioOtherOther
SE EL84 valve amplifier Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 Tuner Card Gyration remote control. 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770 ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Sapphire HD 7950 Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256 WD Caviar Black Samsung Windows 8 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Triple LG 22EA63 IPS Cinema Screens Ducky DK9087 Dragon Antec HCG-620M (620w) Fractal R4 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Sensei Raw steelseries 9HD Audioengine D1 DAC Sennheiser HD558 Cans 
AudioOtherOther
SE EL84 valve amplifier Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 Tuner Card Gyration remote control. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by All3n View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by smex View Post

Can you tell me what makes the featuires better precisely?


"Better I/O ports"
Are the meterials being used different than before?!
Better at ALL brands? What does "better" mean?.. how it is measurable?

"SATA"
What is better here "better" ?! At all brands.. Sata4? are you serius dude?
theres no sata4 atm..

"USB3.0 Controllers"
What is a difference between USB2 @ Socket 775 and USB2 @ S1155?
None! It might differ from Motherboard manufacturer to manufacturer which
controlling chips they use.. again not a measurable argument,


...and so on.

Please do more research before saying something like "everything thats new is better"
I really do not mean to be offensive but from my point of view, the arguments you are
using are not lead by logic.

Instead of burning cash on "pseudo" new hardware the OP coul easily get a nice sandy
with a 40$ aircooler and run it @4.4 ghz, no problem. No need for watercooling.

Please do backup an argument by facts and measurable data.

And do not forget.. the OP is willing to pay about 100€ for the board, so this is nothing
compared to maximus, sniper, fatality and so on.



Regards

Lets see, HDMI in and out, onboard optical, display port, etc. are all features not previously available on boards at these price points..

That's what I am talking bout, you can get a loaded board for less now.

Last time I checked USB 3.0 was superior to 2.0, more factory ports in this case the better.

I should not even waste my time as your stammering argument does not make any sense. Who said anything about SATA4?

And there it is folks, the recommendation to overheat an older chip to achieve "4.4" which has no direct comparison to what Haswell does at "4.4" which is more for less power lol

Do you really need a bar graph to understand that? lol

I agree with most of what you said except that once again, you have no experience overclocking and thus think it's horrible.

Its not. Lets face it, even with a HORRIBLE 3570K with a DECENT air cooler, its not going to overheat at just 4.4GHz, let alone a 2500K which can do much better than the 3570k in terms of clock speed.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.9Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7 EVGA GTX 980Ti SC 4x 4GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD WD Caviar Blue SATA II 640GB EK CPUWB & Rad, Temporary XSPC Pump & Res, All ... Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x 1080p 24" Monitors Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair HX-750 NZXT Lexa S (Highly Modified) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga 2014 Steelseries QCK Kenwood KA-5500 Reciever & (Temporary) ATH-M30X's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Atom D525 2C/4T 1.8Ghz SuperMicro X7SPE-HF-D525 Integrated - Not Used 2x 2GB DDR3 Sodimms 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
4GB Sata DOM Passive (except for PSU Fan) Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 Jessie PicoPSU 120Watt with 60Watt EDAC Brick 
CaseOther
1U Supermicro DHCP/DNS/Munin 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.9Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7 EVGA GTX 980Ti SC 4x 4GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD WD Caviar Blue SATA II 640GB EK CPUWB & Rad, Temporary XSPC Pump & Res, All ... Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3x 1080p 24" Monitors Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair HX-750 NZXT Lexa S (Highly Modified) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga 2014 Steelseries QCK Kenwood KA-5500 Reciever & (Temporary) ATH-M30X's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Atom D525 2C/4T 1.8Ghz SuperMicro X7SPE-HF-D525 Integrated - Not Used 2x 2GB DDR3 Sodimms 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
4GB Sata DOM Passive (except for PSU Fan) Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 Jessie PicoPSU 120Watt with 60Watt EDAC Brick 
CaseOther
1U Supermicro DHCP/DNS/Munin 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 26
Then show us some boards all3n, make a component list for the OP
Point out that board that he should get, the cpu and gpu.. + cooler
and hope that his psu will be fine.. because we still do not know what he got.

take one of theese german sites because the OP is from germany:
http://www.mindfactory.de/
http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › What can and what cannot do my new things do?