Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › The unspecific Mouse Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The unspecific Mouse Thread - Page 131

post #1301 of 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alya View Post

Windows 10 updates to 1607 and automatically re-enables EPP for me, as well as corrupts my user account, effectively nullifying all the work I went through on the OS side to lower DPC latency. FeelsBadMan.

Windows 10 sounds terrible for gaming lol.. why are OS updates changing settings
post #1302 of 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

Windows 10 sounds terrible for gaming lol.. why are OS updates changing settings

It broke my whole user account, if I tried to log into my acc it'd give me an error, event viewer says the account doesn't exist, system restore disabled itself when I upgraded to Windows 10, rolling back to before the update hasn't fixed my account. Ughhh...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Seagate ST31500341AS MSI DH24ABS Stock 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 64 bit Samsung 2233RZ BenQ XL2411Z Filco Majestouch-2 (Cherry MX Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Razer Gigantus ROG Thunderbolt 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Seagate ST31500341AS MSI DH24ABS Stock 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 64 bit Samsung 2233RZ BenQ XL2411Z Filco Majestouch-2 (Cherry MX Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Razer Gigantus ROG Thunderbolt 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1303 of 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alya View Post

It broke my whole user account, if I tried to log into my acc it'd give me an error, event viewer says the account doesn't exist, system restore disabled itself when I upgraded to Windows 10, rolling back to before the update hasn't fixed my account. Ughhh...

At least it's not as bad as the Samsung firmware update that changed your operating system drive into the system reserved drive and tried to boot from that giving a blue screen, plus you can't change the drive letter from BIOS so you had to reformat and and lose all data.. oh and Samsung made no announcement and left the firmware on their site for over a month despite thousands of corrupted/dead drives
post #1304 of 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

At least it's not as bad as the Samsung firmware update that changed your operating system drive into the system reserved drive and tried to boot from that giving a blue screen, plus you can't change the drive letter from BIOS so you had to reformat and and lose all data.. oh and Samsung made no announcement and left the firmware on their site for over a month despite thousands of corrupted/dead drives

That does sound like quite the ordeal, luckily (or unluckily?) for me, I don't own any solid state drives because I could use that $80-$100 for one to buy a mouse or two...I do want to get one of the Samsung Evo SSDs though eventually.

I guess the biggest thing you can learn from that is to store only your OS on a solid state, that's what I plan to do.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Seagate ST31500341AS MSI DH24ABS Stock 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 64 bit Samsung 2233RZ BenQ XL2411Z Filco Majestouch-2 (Cherry MX Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Razer Gigantus ROG Thunderbolt 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Seagate ST31500341AS MSI DH24ABS Stock 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 64 bit Samsung 2233RZ BenQ XL2411Z Filco Majestouch-2 (Cherry MX Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Razer Gigantus ROG Thunderbolt 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1305 of 2280
Windows 7 (once properly updated/optimized) is less of a headache for me than 10. When the "Anniversary" update or whatever it was dropped and I instantly noticed unstable polling rates making games laughably unplayable I'd had enough. I "rolled back" alright hairysmiley.png
post #1306 of 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion View Post

Windows 7 (once properly updated/optimized) is less of a headache for me than 10. When the "Anniversary" update or whatever it was dropped and I instantly noticed unstable polling rates making games laughably unplayable I'd had enough. I "rolled back" alright hairysmiley.png

It's the natural onslaught towards anyone NOT using their horrid Trojan 10 edition.

Just hang in there because there are ways to avoid their gimping of our older MS installs and it's still worth avoiding their current horror, despite all their naive fanboys pushing it.
post #1307 of 2280
Quote:
MorphA Firmware
Version:
V1.90

Size:
2.7M

Details:
1.You MUST install the latest firmware before installing GUI & Driver.
2. Added 14,000dpi and 20,400dpi to dpi settings.
Quote:
Added 14,000dpi and 20,400dpi to dpi settings.

post #1308 of 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaokkkkkkkk View Post



Wew lad can't wait to hear how much smoothing that monster has.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Seagate ST31500341AS MSI DH24ABS Stock 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 64 bit Samsung 2233RZ BenQ XL2411Z Filco Majestouch-2 (Cherry MX Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Razer Gigantus ROG Thunderbolt 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Corsair  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Seagate ST31500341AS MSI DH24ABS Stock 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 64 bit Samsung 2233RZ BenQ XL2411Z Filco Majestouch-2 (Cherry MX Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G403 Razer Gigantus ROG Thunderbolt 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1309 of 2280
Well, I might get one. Depends on if I take a liking to the Zora's shape.
post #1310 of 2280
Gotta get that 20k dpi interpolation in
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › The unspecific Mouse Thread