Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CB] PS4 Grabs 95% Of Consumer Votes After Amazon Ends Poll Early
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CB] PS4 Grabs 95% Of Consumer Votes After Amazon Ends Poll Early - Page 4

post #31 of 226
I'm a huge xbox fan, love the xbox controller, and even love the looks of the xb1 controller and even thought the tv consumption on the xb1 was neat but having the kinect being needed to run the system was a turnoff (not because of the spying excuse people use) and problaby driving the price up a $100 was a crappy idea, I was still interested in buying as the used game drm and once every 24hr check in doesn't bother me.

What ended up making me pre-order PS4 was all my immediate friends are all switching ships to ps4, I mass messaged my xboxlive friends and asked who is getting xb1 and so far I got 4 people on my list saying they are getting xb1, and had about 20 saying ps4 and the rest no reply yet. And lastly I like how there going to integrate vita for remote play like the wii-u. So sony has a chance to win me over for good!


Things I worry about with ps4 is the controller, and if psn will compare to xbl this time around!
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoWarrior View Post

It'll be sad if M$ doesn't get punished by an informed consumer base for doing everything they possibly can to limit ownership, consumer choice, and for installing back doors onto their system that would make the NSA proud.

If they can make a profit then they deserve to.

That's how this whole thing works.
Pooter
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k P8Z77-v DELUXE GTX 680 Samsung 30nm 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 256GB SSD Crucial M4 512GB SSD 1TB Samsung HDD Cheapo LG DVD drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ 2420T Yamakasi Catleap 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
WASD Keyboard V1 Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Thermaltake Level 10 GT Steelseries Kana 
AudioAudioAudio
Titanium HD ATH-AD900 Swan M200MKIII 
  hide details  
Reply
Pooter
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k P8Z77-v DELUXE GTX 680 Samsung 30nm 2x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 256GB SSD Crucial M4 512GB SSD 1TB Samsung HDD Cheapo LG DVD drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit BenQ 2420T Yamakasi Catleap 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
WASD Keyboard V1 Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Thermaltake Level 10 GT Steelseries Kana 
AudioAudioAudio
Titanium HD ATH-AD900 Swan M200MKIII 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoWarrior View Post

It'll be sad if M$ doesn't get punished by an informed consumer base for doing everything they possibly can to limit ownership, consumer choice, and for installing back doors onto their system that would make the NSA proud.

You mean like how you "punished" EA (or Valve) for pushing limited ownership or PC with Origin and Steam?

Oh no wait, you supported them?

I thought you didn't like when companies made concerted efforts to limit ownership of your games?
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 226
i find hard to believe that a multi billion company like Microsoft can be so stupid..are they really being THAT arrogant? or am i missing something here?
Underdog
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2Q6600 G0 @ 3.40Ghz 8 x 425Mhz 1.26v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5/OC @ 850Mhz/4200Mhz 1.08v Kingston 4x2GB PC2-6400 5-5-5-15 1.90v 1:1 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint 250GB  WesternDigital Blue 160GB Samsung SATA DVD-RW +/- Cooler Master Hyper T4  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Windows 8 Pro 64Bit ASUS VS228-D A4TECH GR-152 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair VS450W Everest 707BR A4TECH G9-730FX Black 
Audio
Realtek ALC889A 
  hide details  
Reply
Underdog
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2Q6600 G0 @ 3.40Ghz 8 x 425Mhz 1.26v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5/OC @ 850Mhz/4200Mhz 1.08v Kingston 4x2GB PC2-6400 5-5-5-15 1.90v 1:1 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint 250GB  WesternDigital Blue 160GB Samsung SATA DVD-RW +/- Cooler Master Hyper T4  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Windows 8 Pro 64Bit ASUS VS228-D A4TECH GR-152 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair VS450W Everest 707BR A4TECH G9-730FX Black 
Audio
Realtek ALC889A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by omari79 View Post

i find hard to believe that a multi billion company like Microsoft can be so stupid..are they really being THAT arrogant? or am i missing something here?

Sony was going to do the something but backed out after seeing the backlash as M$ first conference, which in the end gave them a huge boost in popularity and then add the $100 difference (probably due to no camera included) sealed the deal for most!
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 226
Xbox one was doomed to fail in this poll. Most people who voted are probably gamers and for gamers the PS4 is a very obvious choice. MS seems to have taken a hybrid approach to the console market this time. Instead of just going head to head with Sony in the hardcore gaming market they split up their target market. It seems that this time around MS is also going for the same crowd that bought the Wii . Sure they're going to lose the hardcore gamers but plenty of people will still buy the Xbox one. The gamble microsoft is taking is can the loss from the 1337 gamer side be made up through sales to families looking for a more all around console for their kids, working out, home theater set up, or just because they think kinect is a cool novelty. Nintendo currently dominates that part of the gaming market and i think microsfot would have an easier time cutting into that pie for profit than going all out against Sony. Just my observations as an undergraduate business major. I'm getting a PS4, but i probably will eventually own an Xbox one as well. It will sell because it's xbox, even though its a worse console than PS4 for people like us who like straight up gaming.

Basically what im getting at is of course MS fell flat on it's face in this poll, most people voting were gamers. The people that did not vote are the families that have previously gravitated towards Nintendo's stuff which is who MS is trying to appeal more to this time around.

Think of it this way, we have two basic demgraphics that buy game consoles. The harder gamers that play CoD and Battlefield, the people of this forum, the people that follow these consoles reguarly on Facebook and other places. Then in pool two we have the more casual gamers, kids whose parents dont want them playing all of these mature AAA titles and appreciate more party oriented games. People who think the Kinect is the next step in to virtual reality and find it to be a cool novelty. People who like to game casually but can appreciate the HTPC features of the Xbox one as a sort of value package.

Previously Nintendo soaked up most of the profits from the second pool, say 80% where Sony and Microsoft we'll say split the market share for hardcore gamers 50/50. This time around microsoft is hoping to maintain most of but not all of its market share in the hardcore gamers market and in return more than make up for it in the casual Nintendo gamers dominated market. It's risky for MS and i dont like it, but i get it from a business point of view. If MS still sells consoles to 35% of the hardcore gamers market which they previously controlled 50% of and then took up just 35% of the casual gamers market against Nintendo then they come out on top in the end. Do i like it? As somebody who is more than a casual gamer no. Does it make sense? Yes but only to an extent.. The original kinect was probably just to raise awareness to the Nintendo crowd to pay attention to MS for when they role out the Xbox one.

These are just my thoughts, thank you for taking any time to read or critique.



TL;DR - Of course microsoft will get crushed in this poll because a large part of the market they now appeal to aren't the people who would vote or care about a silly facebook poll.
Edited by hello im sean - 6/17/13 at 6:33am
asus g73jh-a1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 720qm asus integrated 5870 mobility 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 500gb blu ray combo Windows 7 64bit 17.3 in. 
PowerMouse
asus stock asus ROG 
  hide details  
Reply
asus g73jh-a1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 720qm asus integrated 5870 mobility 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 500gb blu ray combo Windows 7 64bit 17.3 in. 
PowerMouse
asus stock asus ROG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu1ckset View Post

Sony was going to do the something but backed out after seeing the backlash as M$ first conference, which in the end gave them a huge boost in popularity and then add the $100 difference (probably due to no camera included) sealed the deal for most!

can they back down or is it to late now?
Underdog
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2Q6600 G0 @ 3.40Ghz 8 x 425Mhz 1.26v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5/OC @ 850Mhz/4200Mhz 1.08v Kingston 4x2GB PC2-6400 5-5-5-15 1.90v 1:1 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint 250GB  WesternDigital Blue 160GB Samsung SATA DVD-RW +/- Cooler Master Hyper T4  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Windows 8 Pro 64Bit ASUS VS228-D A4TECH GR-152 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair VS450W Everest 707BR A4TECH G9-730FX Black 
Audio
Realtek ALC889A 
  hide details  
Reply
Underdog
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2Q6600 G0 @ 3.40Ghz 8 x 425Mhz 1.26v Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5/OC @ 850Mhz/4200Mhz 1.08v Kingston 4x2GB PC2-6400 5-5-5-15 1.90v 1:1 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint 250GB  WesternDigital Blue 160GB Samsung SATA DVD-RW +/- Cooler Master Hyper T4  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Windows 8 Pro 64Bit ASUS VS228-D A4TECH GR-152 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair VS450W Everest 707BR A4TECH G9-730FX Black 
Audio
Realtek ALC889A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

I think this:

Has something to do with it.
Along with other things of course.


Has Sony clarified how you can share/resell digitally downloaded games yet?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ stock will update when I get home EVGA GTX 470 @ stock 4GB G-Skill DDR3 
OSKeyboardMouse
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse (Blue) Roccat Kone (now broken) 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ stock will update when I get home EVGA GTX 470 @ stock 4GB G-Skill DDR3 
OSKeyboardMouse
Windows 7 Saitek Eclipse (Blue) Roccat Kone (now broken) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello im sean View Post

Xbox one was doomed to fail in this poll. Most people who voted are probably gamers and for gamers the PS4 is a very obvious choice. MS seems to have taken a hybrid approach to the console market this time. Instead of just going head to head with Sony in the hardcore gaming market they split up their target market. It seems that this time around MS is also going for the same crowd that bought the Wii . Sure they're going to lose the hardcore gamers but plenty of people will still buy the Xbox one. The gamble microsoft is taking is can the loss from the 1337 gamer side be made up through sales to families looking for a more all around console for their kids, working out, home theater set up, or just because they think kinect is a cool novelty. Nintendo currently dominates that part of the gaming market and i think microsfot would have an easier time cutting into that pie for profit than going all out against Sony. Just my observations as an undergraduate business major. I'm getting a PS4, but i probably will eventually own an Xbox one as well. It will sell because it's xbox, even though its a worse console than PS4 for people like us who like straight up gaming.

Basically what im getting at is of course MS fell flat on it's face in this poll, most people voting were gamers. The people that did not vote are the families that have previously gravitated towards Nintendo's stuff which is who MS is trying to appeal more to this time around.

Think of it this way, we have two basic demgraphics that buy game consoles. The harder gamers that play CoD and Battlefield, the people of this forum, the people that follow these consoles reguarly on Facebook and other places. Then in pool two we have the more casual gamers, kids whose parents dont want them playing all of these mature AAA titles and appreciate more party oriented games. People who think the Kinect is the next step in to virtual reality and find it to be a cool novelty. People who like to game casually but can appreciate the HTPC features of the Xbox one as a sort of value package.

Previously Nintendo soaked up most of the profits from the second pool, say 80% where Sony and Microsoft we'll say split the market share for hardcore gamers 50/50. This time around microsoft is hoping to maintain most of but not all of its market share in the hardcore gamers market and in return more than make up for it in the casual Nintendo gamers dominated market. It's risky for MS and i dont like it, but i get it from a business point of view. If MS still sells consoles to 35% of the hardcore gamers market which they previously controlled 50% of and then took up just 35% of the casual gamers market against Nintendo then they come out on top in the end. Do i like it? As somebody who is more than a casual gamer no. Does it make sense? Yes but only to an extent.. The original kinect was probably just to raise awareness to the Nintendo crowd to pay attention to MS for when they role out the Xbox one.

These are just my thoughts, thank you for taking any time to read or critique.

TL;DR of course microsoft will get crushed in this poll because a large part of the market they now appeal to aren't the people who would vote or care about a silly facebook poll.

Wish there were more posts like this on OCN thumb.gif
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
It's-a tu maaach
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4GHz (1.2 vcore) Asus P7P55D EVO Powercolor 5850 4x 2GB of Corsair XMS 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
2x 250GB (Raid 0) XSPC Raystorm CPU block + EK 360 rad + XSPC Dua... Samsung UE37C6000  Corsair K90 + Logitech G13 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Jeantech 1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D Corsair M90 Edirol UA-25 > pair of Pioneer S-DJ08  
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by omari79 View Post

can they back down or is it to late now?

I don't think microsoft will change anything till the systems are released and microsoft notices they system isn't selling well and sony eats up marketshare, microsoft won't sit there and watch, they have the money to do something about it, time will tell..
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CB] PS4 Grabs 95% Of Consumer Votes After Amazon Ends Poll Early