Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Possible to successfully connect a Catleap (non Multi) to PS3/Xbox?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Possible to successfully connect a Catleap (non Multi) to PS3/Xbox?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Hi,

Was wondering if there is a definite answer to this as there have been a number of suggestions with no definitive outcome.

Can someone clear this up for me and if possible how I could go about doing this and what output (720/1080p, etc.) I can expect?


Cheers
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by technoir View Post

Hi,

Was wondering if there is a definite answer to this as there have been a number of suggestions with no definitive outcome.

Can someone clear this up for me and if possible how I could go about doing this and what output (720/1080p, etc.) I can expect?


Cheers
If you use an HDMI->DVI adapter, and you set your output from your xbox to 720p, then you'll get a pixel quadrupled imaged of what your XBOX is outputting. No other options will work for you.
post #3 of 14
itll need to be a hdmi -> dual link active adapter (since these panels dont have scalars), which i dont think exist.
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the information.

Jerrolds, I wonder if you might be able to suggest/recommend one that I could look at. I've done a search and can only find active dual link adapters to work with Display ports, not HDMI? Would these be boxes with in/out-put ports on either side, or cards that slot into a PCI-E inside a PC?

Cheers
post #5 of 14
Um...you can try and do a hdmi -> display port using a passive adapter, then use an active adapter from there? I personally would only try it if you were able to return the components if it doesnt work

Actually you know what..i can try for you once i get home..i have a dell bizlink display port -> dl active adapter, and i should have an hdmi -> display port adapter lying around see if it works with my xbox/ps3

Gimme about a couple hours, still at work atm.
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Awesome - that would be great smile.gif
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by technoir View Post

Thanks for the information.

Jerrolds, I wonder if you might be able to suggest/recommend one that I could look at. I've done a search and can only find active dual link adapters to work with Display ports, not HDMI? Would these be boxes with in/out-put ports on either side, or cards that slot into a PCI-E inside a PC?

Cheers
I never could find one of those for sale on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrolds View Post

Um...you can try and do a hdmi -> display port using a passive adapter, then use an active adapter from there? I personally would only try it if you were able to return the components if it doesnt work

Actually you know what..i can try for you once i get home..i have a dell bizlink display port -> dl active adapter, and i should have an hdmi -> display port adapter lying around see if it works with my xbox/ps3

Gimme about a couple hours, still at work atm.
This will be a lot of trouble for what I am afraid is no gain. HDMI -> DisplayPort adapters are not bidirectional - if you want to go from HDMI to DP, you need to use one of these which aren't even dual link capable., besides being a third the price of the monitor itself.
post #8 of 14
Oh ya thats right. Plus i couldnt find a hdmi -> display port adapter tongue.gif couldnt even experiment, sorry technoir frown.gif
post #9 of 14
A passive adapter is not required, any generic hdmi-dvi cord/adapter should work.
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

A passive adapter is not required, any generic hdmi-dvi cord/adapter should work.

I've seen other people get it to work, but I've tried it with an HDMI cable that plugs into an HDMI to SL-DVI-D adapter that plugs into the Catleap, then setting the XBox 360's resolution to 1280x720. As of yet I can't get a display to come up, though I've seen numerous people say they've gotten it to work.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Possible to successfully connect a Catleap (non Multi) to PS3/Xbox?