Digital games are not the future. I wish people would stop trying to make this a thing.
Paying $60 to access a file on your machine that takes 10 hours to download and has no re-sale value is pretty lame..
1) You don't have to buy the game at launch and pay $60. You can wait 6 months and get it for $5-$10, while retail will probably still have the game at $20+.
2) 10 hours? What is this 1995? It takes me about 5-10 minutes to download a new modern game, and even my friend who lives in the middle of no where can download them in about 30-45 minutes.
3) What resale? Most games don't resale well anyway. They generally drop to $10 in a month or two.
4) It saves a ton of money on materials, and usually you can get $5 or more off on digital copies because of this.
5) Most people who resale games, end up buying it again later to replay! How many times did people buy Diablo 2? I know I bought it like 5 times.
6) Digital is definitely the future in my eyes. While it shouldn't be forced, it's definitely my most preferred method by a very very long mile.Edited by Murlocke - 6/19/13 at 2:05am