hey fellas, need some quick help on this rather strange? issue.
- sapphire hd 6950 2gb
- 13.4 whql drivers off the amd website
so basically, when i try any type of overclocking using MSI afterburner--
i.e, raising power limit % from 0 to 5 // raising core clock by 5mhz // raising memory clock by 10mz
afterburner accepts and sets the values but then my desktop goes all glitchy. static lines, stutters and such. The glitches only occur when theres any movement on the desktop such as refreshing, moving windows, opening folders. I would have to restart the computer to get it back to normal.
I pop open GPU-Z and see that my clocks downclock themselves wayyy down to like 150/250.
Now I'm assuming the downclocking causes the glitching on my desktop so basically my questions are:
1) why is my overclocking attempts causing my card to downclock THAT low?
2) usually if i idle at desktop at 450/1250 why would the card even stoop down to 150/250 in the first place?
- i didn't enable any overdrive settings in CCC since i thought it would mess with MSI AB
- i enabled the unofficialoverclock setting in afterburner.cfg already
- every setting related to power or whatever throughtout my entire OS is bumped to maximum performance already
- oddly enough, if i adjust the voltage slider- setting it from 1100 to like 1120 or something does not cause the downclock and glitching
- the whole 'N33ds mOar vOLTs' thing doesn't really apply here as the issue occurs at a measly 5mhz raise, god forbid if I go higher.
any suggestions, tips, tricks, help, etc ?
Edited by DF is BUSY - 6/18/13 at 11:45am