Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The Gigabyte Z87/Haswell Overclocking(OC) Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Gigabyte Z87/Haswell Overclocking(OC) Guide - Page 74

post #731 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ized View Post

Gosh you do entertain me.

The point of me bringing it up was the irony, how the mighty fall.

Do enjoy your 4.7ghz stable OC that cant play games.

I was kind of mentioning how it's obviously not actually stable... except for the fact that every stability test I can find is able to pass for hours and hours on end - and then still fail to play games with any level of stability.

rolleyes.gif

What part of that situation do you feel the need to bust my stones about? I mean, are you really feeling so bad about yourself (or your PC) that you feel the need to drum up baseless arguments with somebody whom you don't know and will probably never meet?

Anyway, to any reasonable members of OCN:

Have you experienced this sort of behavior on your Haswell CPU? I've seen at least five members now report the same issues - Have you also resorted to running the types of loads your CPU will actually be asked of? In my case, I run game benchmarks and H.264 encoding since I'm using the PC mainly for those two things...

I was always fine using P95 on my AMD systems to test an OC but it doesn't seem to be working out well with Haswell - nor is OCCT, AVX2, or Aida64 helping much to test for stability.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #732 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyGamer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ized View Post

Gosh you do entertain me.

The point of me bringing it up was the irony, how the mighty fall.

Do enjoy your 4.7ghz stable OC that cant play games.

I was kind of mentioning how it's obviously not actually stable... except for the fact that every stability test I can find is able to pass for hours and hours on end - and then still fail to play games with any level of stability.

rolleyes.gif

What part of that situation do you feel the need to bust my stones about? I mean, are you really feeling so bad about yourself (or your PC) that you feel the need to drum up baseless arguments with somebody whom you don't know and will probably never meet?

Anyway, to any reasonable members of OCN:

Have you experienced this sort of behavior on your Haswell CPU? I've seen at least five members now report the same issues - Have you also resorted to running the types of loads your CPU will actually be asked of? In my case, I run game benchmarks and H.264 encoding since I'm using the PC mainly for those two things...

I was always fine using P95 on my AMD systems to test an OC but it doesn't seem to be working out well with Haswell - nor is OCCT, AVX2, or Aida64 helping much to test for stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post

People dont use offset voltage and then stress test IBT, LINX, Prime95, Aida64, OCCT. Do that only by fixed voltage and still its kinda pointless to run those since it brute forces cpu 1000%..


Play a demanding game (BF3 64player, MaxPayne3, MMO Rift, NS2, Hitman Aboslution, Tombraider2013, AC3,.. ) or do some video encoding using x264 codec or Cinebench11.5 (to see max temps), if it passes all that then it passes everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by givmedew View Post

MaxPayne3, Hitman Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, and FarCry3 are all games that will crash/lock up my system if not stable even if it had passed Aida64, Prime95, IBT, and AVX2 Intel test.


Yes you are not the only one experiencing this. These where 2 very recent posts (just hours ago).
Silence
(20 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5820k  ASRock x99 extreme 4 AMD R9 290X AMD R9 290X 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
ballistix ddr4 dual channel Samsung 850 EVO 500GB DT 5noz CPU Waterblock XSPC Razor Full Cover GPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Razor Full Cover GPU Block 4x120 Black Ice Xtreme GTX480 Swiftech MCP655 Danger Den Monsoon Pump/Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Link Fan Controller Windows 8.1 Nixeus 2560x1440 Logitech G15 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
Kingwin PF-850 Ttesports Level10M Razer Vespula Sennheiser HD590 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k gigabyte z68xp-ud4 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming DDR3 1600 4x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB w/ Intel RST... Corsair H100 Windows 8.1 1920x1200 HP 
Power
PC P+C 1000w 
  hide details  
Reply
Silence
(20 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5820k  ASRock x99 extreme 4 AMD R9 290X AMD R9 290X 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
ballistix ddr4 dual channel Samsung 850 EVO 500GB DT 5noz CPU Waterblock XSPC Razor Full Cover GPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Razor Full Cover GPU Block 4x120 Black Ice Xtreme GTX480 Swiftech MCP655 Danger Den Monsoon Pump/Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Link Fan Controller Windows 8.1 Nixeus 2560x1440 Logitech G15 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
Kingwin PF-850 Ttesports Level10M Razer Vespula Sennheiser HD590 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500k gigabyte z68xp-ud4 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming DDR3 1600 4x2GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB w/ Intel RST... Corsair H100 Windows 8.1 1920x1200 HP 
Power
PC P+C 1000w 
  hide details  
Reply
post #733 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxx View Post

I just delided mine 3 hours ago.
What can I say 4.2 Ghz, had 78-80 C° before, now I have 59-61C°. thumb.gif

My Chip is I think even below average. 4,2 Ghz it wants 1,2 v Vcore.
4,3 Ghz it wants 1,24v but at 4,4 Ghz it wants 1,32v so far.
I did not check 4,5 Ghz yet.
Now delidded I can leave it easily 4,3-4,4 Ghz and will have good Temps.
I am glad I did it. So I practised on a bad chip and have experience when I get a better one.
I think it is definetly worth it even with a mediocre chip.
I used Artic silver and Liquid pro ultra for the die and Heatspeader.


Razor method?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post

People dont use offset voltage and then stress test IBT, LINX, Prime95, Aida64, OCCT. Do that only by fixed voltage and still its kinda pointless to run those since it brute forces cpu 1000%..


Play a demanding game (BF3 64player, MaxPayne3, MMO Rift, NS2, Hitman Aboslution, Tombraider2013, AC3,.. ) or do some video encoding using x264 codec or Cinebench11.5 (to see max temps), if it passes all that then it passes everything.

I actually use Cinebench11.5 for a quick stability test but more than 10 runs, as of now I am trying to look for the lowest voltage my 4.3Ghz can run stable then will probably add +0.010 on it. at 1.180 (bios) it ran cinebench 8 times before I got a 124 bsod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by givmedew View Post

MaxPayne3, Hitman Absolution, Sleeping Dogs, and FarCry3 are all games that will crash/lock up my system if not stable even if it had passed Aida64, Prime95, IBT, and AVX2 Intel test.

Would looping the benchmark on Hitman/FC3 work the same way ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyGamer View Post

I'm getting a little bit upset with Haswell ATM - I can pass 12 hours of ANY stress test out there (this includes the AVX2 sample from Intel) and then manage to crash in games within just minutes.

I can then set all voltages to max safe on air (and leave multipliers where they were for stress testing) and STILL manage to crash in games every time. I can then lower the CPU multi and leave all voltages the same and I will still crash in games.

It's not my GPU or GPU OC as I've ruled that out. Also the system doesn't crash at stock clocks so it's not faulty hardware.

How can so many people be passing hours and hours of testing and then still lock up in games which use less than 25% of our CPUs on average?! This is incredibly frustrating and I've resorting to running Crysis 2 benchmarks as the most reliable/quickest way of testing stability on Haswell. OCCT, P95, IBT, Aida64 are all completely useless for testing Haswell's stability so don't waste your time guys.

Anybody else experiencing the same thing? Anybody have a solution that has worked for them? As I said, game benchmarks have been the quickest way of weeding out a bad OC for me on Haswell. Stability testing is just a massive waste of time and power, as well as a nice bake session for you CPU which will yield no useful results on the Z87 platform, it seems.

4.7GHz is fine for all stability tests - can't game for more than 20 min though no matter how high I set voltages.

4.6GHz is fine for some games, but still not stable, although all stability tests say it is stable.

4.5GHz is the same behavior as 4.6GHz

It doesn't matter what the OC is, it would seem.

As far as I can remember and kept a close watch on overclocking, it has been like this since my Q6600 days, a lot of people passing all sorts of stress testing but can immediately fail in gaming. What I have to say is that there is no absolute test for stability, we are only stable based on the software we have tried. For me the IBT/Prime/OCCT/AIDA64 stability means nothing since I dont use my system like that, I mainly use it for gaming and transcoding videos. Though I have not yet used any transcoding tests I might as well grab handbreak again and give it a whirl!
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
post #734 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tass666 View Post

I'm having some trouble with MemTest.

I run the tests with XMP Profile at 2400Mhz. If i do a single core everything runs smooth without any error. But if i use "parallel" option to use every core at once, i get errors.

As the ram passes the test on 1 single core, can i take the ram as ok? Or as it fails the parallel test, the ram is faulty?

Thanks.


I have had trouble with three different sets of memory using XMP on F3, F6q and F5 bios. Try disabling XMP  and set it to manual (Not Advanced) Then set your rated specs (multi, timings & voltage)  for example my kit is rated to run at 2133MHz so the multi is 21.33 the timings are 9-11-11-31-CR2 and voltage is 1.60v. Yours are likely different. Then bump your IMC voltages set: system agent +0.15v, CPU IO Analog +0.15v & CPU IO Digital +0.15v  once you made all those changes save and exit (F10) . Now run memtest again. I prefer HCI Design Memtest and run it from within windows take 5 instances running to cover my 16 GB again YMMV. I use the paid version which automatically configures and opens all required it take a bit of doing with the free version but there are tutorials that spell it out. GL

 
Enthoo Primo
(28 items)
 
Luxe 1
(28 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k  Maximus VIII Hero non Alpha EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC ACX G.Skill F4-3000C15D-16GVR 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 WD Black WD1003FZEX Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro x64 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair RM750i Phanteks Eclipse P400 NZXT Hue+ NZXT IU01 
OtherOther
Phobya Shroud & Decoupling 140mm (7mm Thickness... Phobya 8 x 4-Pin PWM Fan Splitter PCB (Power Ei... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790k @ 4.8 MSI Z97 Gaming 7  Saphire R9 290x (hynix) Saphire R9 290x (Hynix) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws Z F3-2400C10D-8GZH 2x Samsung 850 Pro Raid-0  AMD RAMDisk WD1001FALS (Data/Backup) 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST BlueRay Custom Water Cooled Windows 10 Pro x64 Asus PG279Q 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG278Q Corsair K70 EVGA 1000w G2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
FUNC MS-3 rev2  XTRAC PADS Ripper Optical Mouse pad Kingston HyperX Cloud II  Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe 116dB SNR Gaming ... 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm EK Supremacy EVO Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 360 Radiator EK-FC R9-290X Waterblock - Nickel Acetal (Rev.2.0) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK-FC R9-290X backplate Bitspower Dual / Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 ... Bitspower D5 MOD TOP (Black "S" Model) PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 1/2in. ID ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87-G45 Gaming (MS-7821) MSI R9 290x reference GSkill F3-2133C9-8GTX 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840EVO 256GB Raid-0 (OS) WD2003FZEX BluRay Burner XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Distilled water & Monsoon silver bullets  3/8x5/8 tubing w/XSPC Fittings Alphacool XT45 280 Alphacool UT60 240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Series Two D5 Premium Dual Bay Reservoi... 2x Phanteks PH-F140MP Top Pull Exhaust  4x Corsair SP120 AS High Static Pressure (push/... Aquacomputer Kryographics Hawaii (Nickle) 290z 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Aquacomputer backplate for kryographics Hawaii ... Windows 10 Pro x64 BenQ BL3200 (Main) Monoprice xero g slim (extended) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
K70 Cherry Blue Corsair HX850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Corsair M65 RGB Pro 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm SoundBlaster Zx Darkside dimable LED strips  Mod/smart Kobra Cables 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Enthoo Primo
(28 items)
 
Luxe 1
(28 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k  Maximus VIII Hero non Alpha EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC ACX G.Skill F4-3000C15D-16GVR 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 WD Black WD1003FZEX Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro x64 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair RM750i Phanteks Eclipse P400 NZXT Hue+ NZXT IU01 
OtherOther
Phobya Shroud & Decoupling 140mm (7mm Thickness... Phobya 8 x 4-Pin PWM Fan Splitter PCB (Power Ei... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790k @ 4.8 MSI Z97 Gaming 7  Saphire R9 290x (hynix) Saphire R9 290x (Hynix) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill Ripjaws Z F3-2400C10D-8GZH 2x Samsung 850 Pro Raid-0  AMD RAMDisk WD1001FALS (Data/Backup) 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus BC-12B1ST BlueRay Custom Water Cooled Windows 10 Pro x64 Asus PG279Q 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG278Q Corsair K70 EVGA 1000w G2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
FUNC MS-3 rev2  XTRAC PADS Ripper Optical Mouse pad Kingston HyperX Cloud II  Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe 116dB SNR Gaming ... 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm EK Supremacy EVO Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 360 Radiator EK-FC R9-290X Waterblock - Nickel Acetal (Rev.2.0) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
EK-FC R9-290X backplate Bitspower Dual / Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 ... Bitspower D5 MOD TOP (Black "S" Model) PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 1/2in. ID ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87-G45 Gaming (MS-7821) MSI R9 290x reference GSkill F3-2133C9-8GTX 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840EVO 256GB Raid-0 (OS) WD2003FZEX BluRay Burner XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Distilled water & Monsoon silver bullets  3/8x5/8 tubing w/XSPC Fittings Alphacool XT45 280 Alphacool UT60 240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Series Two D5 Premium Dual Bay Reservoi... 2x Phanteks PH-F140MP Top Pull Exhaust  4x Corsair SP120 AS High Static Pressure (push/... Aquacomputer Kryographics Hawaii (Nickle) 290z 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Aquacomputer backplate for kryographics Hawaii ... Windows 10 Pro x64 BenQ BL3200 (Main) Monoprice xero g slim (extended) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
K70 Cherry Blue Corsair HX850 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Corsair M65 RGB Pro 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm SoundBlaster Zx Darkside dimable LED strips  Mod/smart Kobra Cables 
  hide details  
Reply
post #735 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyGamer View Post

I'm getting a little bit upset with Haswell ATM - I can pass 12 hours of ANY stress test out there (this includes the AVX2 sample from Intel) and then manage to crash in games within just minutes.

I can then set all voltages to max safe on air (and leave multipliers where they were for stress testing) and STILL manage to crash in games every time. I can then lower the CPU multi and leave all voltages the same and I will still crash in games.

It's not my GPU or GPU OC as I've ruled that out. Also the system doesn't crash at stock clocks so it's not faulty hardware.

How can so many people be passing hours and hours of testing and then still lock up in games which use less than 25% of our CPUs on average?! This is incredibly frustrating and I've resorting to running Crysis 2 benchmarks as the most reliable/quickest way of testing stability on Haswell. OCCT, P95, IBT, Aida64 are all completely useless for testing Haswell's stability so don't waste your time guys.

Anybody else experiencing the same thing? Anybody have a solution that has worked for them? As I said, game benchmarks have been the quickest way of weeding out a bad OC for me on Haswell. Stability testing is just a massive waste of time and power, as well as a nice bake session for you CPU which will yield no useful results on the Z87 platform, it seems.

I've been getting random crashes in even non-demanding games (F1 2012 and Civ 5) lately - but they've been video related crashes. I'm wondering if there is an issue with the PCIe controller on the CPU that I need some voltage somewhere to fix, or if it is a BIOS problem. I had huge problems with the F6 beta BIOSes with GPU crashes, but it had seemed like the F6 final fixed it - now maybe not so much. I'm going to switch back to F5 I think, and see if that clears it up. I also switched back to the 320.18 Nvidia drivers and that seemed to help. Someone else mentioned disabling XMP so I might try that also. Frustrating for me, because I can loop Valley and Heaven with no problem, but I don't really have (or want) to spend time troubleshooting by playing a game for an hour at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post

I got a question. Has anyone needed to increase Digital/Analogue/IMC voltages for stability, or even RAM stability?

I had significant benefit from increasing VCCIOD. Pushing it to just +0.05 let me lower Vcore and increase the uncore.
post #736 of 3243
Sounds like you need to go back to the F5 bios! If it does resolve your issue, send a ticket to Gigabyte as I've already did although they can be really annoying with the way they reply.

Regarding the uncore I have it at x39 at 4.3Ghz and stable would it affect stability if I leave it at x39 while trying 4.5Ghz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post


I had significant benefit from increasing VCCIOD. Pushing it to just +0.05 let me lower Vcore and increase the uncore.

Is there a specific science to knowing when to increase specific voltages to lower a lower vcore or the same vcore but with increased stability or all of this will just fall under trial and error

EDIT:

So I tried my test file with handbreak and I get a 124BSOD anytime between 5-35mins (2hr total encode) its seems that my 1.220 that passed 8hrs in AIDA64 seems to fail in x264 encoding ~_~
Edited by EarlZ - 7/30/13 at 10:00pm
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
post #737 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post

Sounds like you need to go back to the F5 bios! If it does resolve your issue, send a ticket to Gigabyte as I've already did although they can be really annoying with the way they reply.

Regarding the uncore I have it at x39 at 4.3Ghz and stable would it affect stability if I leave it at x39 while trying 4.5Ghz?
Is there a specific science to knowing when to increase specific voltages to lower a lower vcore or the same vcore but with increased stability or all of this will just fall under trial and error

Leaving the uncore at 39x shouldn't negatively affect stability at 4.5, as long as it is fine at 4.3.

As for the voltages, I think it's still trial and error until people build up a little more information. I found the VCCIOD thing by just trying a hundred different combinations of stuff.
post #738 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by owcraftsman View Post


I have had trouble with three different sets of memory using XMP on F3, F6q and F5 bios. Try disabling XMP  and set it to manual (Not Advanced) Then set your rated specs (multi, timings & voltage)  for example my kit is rated to run at 2133MHz so the multi is 21.33 the timings are 9-11-11-31-CR2 and voltage is 1.60v. Yours are likely different. Then bump your IMC voltages set: system agent +0.15v, CPU IO Analog +0.15v & CPU IO Digital +0.15v  once you made all those changes save and exit (F10) . Now run memtest again. I prefer HCI Design Memtest and run it from within windows take 5 instances running to cover my 16 GB again YMMV. I use the paid version which automatically configures and opens all required it take a bit of doing with the free version but there are tutorials that spell it out. GL

Thanks bud. I changed timmings from 10-11-11-31 to 11-12-12-35 and now i pass memtest with parallel cpu.

After i find the Voltage for my CPU to be ok, what should i go next, uncore or ram?

Anyone knows why my CPU-Z shows no AVX2 extensions? Is like if the were disabled somewhere, but i don't know how to enable them.


Edited by Tass666 - 7/30/13 at 10:11pm
Tass
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H Gigabyte Nvidia GTX670OC 2GB GSkill Trident 2400Mhz 8GBx2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WesternDigital Raptor 10.000 RPM in RAID0 Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8 Enterprise x64 Samsung 32' TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX5000 Thermaltake SmartW 650W Thermaltake New Soprano Logitech MX1000 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Pro Creative XFI Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty 
  hide details  
Reply
Tass
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H Gigabyte Nvidia GTX670OC 2GB GSkill Trident 2400Mhz 8GBx2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WesternDigital Raptor 10.000 RPM in RAID0 Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8 Enterprise x64 Samsung 32' TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX5000 Thermaltake SmartW 650W Thermaltake New Soprano Logitech MX1000 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Pro Creative XFI Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty 
  hide details  
Reply
post #739 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post

Sounds like you need to go back to the F5 bios! If it does resolve your issue, send a ticket to Gigabyte as I've already did although they can be really annoying with the way they reply.

Regarding the uncore I have it at x39 at 4.3Ghz and stable would it affect stability if I leave it at x39 while trying 4.5Ghz?
Is there a specific science to knowing when to increase specific voltages to lower a lower vcore or the same vcore but with increased stability or all of this will just fall under trial and error

Leaving the uncore at 39x shouldn't negatively affect stability at 4.5, as long as it is fine at 4.3.

As for the voltages, I think it's still trial and error until people build up a little more information. I found the VCCIOD thing by just trying a hundred different combinations of stuff.

I thought so, well time to figure out what this 124 error is about during my x264 encoding run.. may it be vCore or RING or whatever.
Edited by EarlZ - 7/30/13 at 11:05pm
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
post #740 of 3243
I think 124 errors are cache/ring bus. I had a lot of success clearing them up with Vring and VCCIOD, specifically VCCIOD.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The Gigabyte Z87/Haswell Overclocking(OC) Guide