So, I got tired of it sitting 8-10 inches off the ground on a dolly. So time for it go under the knife....
What it had underneath for feet was pathetic. It had these miserable things....
Screwed into these bad ideas....
T-Nuts with staples keeping them from coming out. Predictibly, they just pushed their way up through the MDF cabinet bottom.
The fix was to take 2 strips of wood sheathing and glue/screwing it inside the bottom to reinforce it, then make a trip to Loews'.
And this is what I was left with. These casters Definitely aren't going to push through the bottom now. Or rip off, though I wish I had used larger washers on the inside- the chipboard really buried when I tightened them down.
The front casters have brakes, and they really work. With the brakes locked, the thing is immobile. Note that if you make one yourself, to make sure you can't push the arcade machine when its in place! People EXPECT arcade machines to be big immobile monoliths and will push/pull/lean against with such expectations.
You may notice the video card now installed. The newer onboard video on the new motherboard couldn't handle dot clocks below like 512x512... So I installed the video card. It still won't do as many low rezes as the original motherboard, causing me to have to run more games at 640x480 (which is interlaced and can flicker pretty bad, depending on what's on screen), but for the most part I'm happy. Its mostly vertical games that are giving me troubles- Donkey Kong is over
But the increased load on the PSU has lead to massive noise/static/strange noises to come out of the Lepai TA-2020 I'm using for sound.
So I upgraded the main filter cap in it from 2200uF to 5600uF and put the original 2200uF in place of the 220uF next to the main chip. I then added another bypass cap directly on the power pins.
And it did NOTHING. So what I'll probably do is take the original PSU and mount it inside the original Arcade PSU housing somehow. Sigh...Edited by kevmatic - 8/19/13 at 10:52am