Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › What is the official max temperature of the i7 4770k?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is the official max temperature of the i7 4770k?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Is there one released by Intel yet?

I see everyone say "anything above 80C is too hot" for them, and most say around 90C -100C the CPU thermal throttles....

...but this doesn't seem very solidified nor factual...

is there official #'s from intel or are the aforementioned numbers correct?
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAlbertoxX View Post

Is there one released by Intel yet?

I see everyone say "anything above 80C is too hot" for them, and most say around 90C -100C the CPU thermal throttles....

...but this doesn't seem very solidified nor factual...

is there official #'s from intel or are the aforementioned numbers correct?

yes there would be numbers on the data sheet for the processor. just need to go to intel and find this.
post #3 of 7
105C according to intel, it will throttle after that.
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
The tcase is listed at 72.72

http://ark.intel.com/products/75123/

So why the heck has every review video for overclocking and even on the AIDA64 FAQ was telling me that it was safe to go up to 80's and the CPU wouldn't even thermal throttle until 90s or 100?


???
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAlbertoxX View Post

The tcase is listed at 72.72

http://ark.intel.com/products/75123/

So why the heck has every review video for overclocking and even on the AIDA64 FAQ was telling me that it was safe to go up to 80's and the CPU wouldn't even thermal throttle until 90s or 100?


???

because they can take it
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Oh and from what I am reading now , Tcase if different from the core temperatures.

So from what people are saying ,even if the CPU hits 100C, Tcase will still not me 72.72 at the IMC.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAlbertoxX View Post

Oh and from what I am reading now , Tcase if different from the core temperatures.

So from what people are saying ,even if the CPU hits 100C, Tcase will still not me 72.72 at the IMC.

yes. install coretemp and you will see the "TJ.MAX", that is your max temp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › What is the official max temperature of the i7 4770k?