Originally Posted by treedude
Try the Config folder and edit the atiix.msi it holds the information for the chipsets.
So change the marketing name from your own card into a marketing name for the FireGL card and try copying the information like turning the isFGL flag to 0x01 also try bus speed 0x06 like the firepro cards.
If you really want to try a risky thing, which I've crashed a couple times so I don't do it.
You add your card to the Windows Display Driver inf files inside of Drivers/Display of the AMD install swap your cards directed installer so instead of r575 you tell it to go to r575gl for its install path, then don't mess with any of the settings.
Thanks a lot,
the atiix.msi file helped a lot... I didnt change the marketing name, i simply changed the isFireGl Setting yet. I get the FireGL Control Panel now, but the options are still the old options...
The card i am using is a bios flashed now r9 290X Card so there is no actual counterpart FireGl Card yet.
Anyway, i added this line before:
AddReg = ati2mtag_R575GL_SoftwareDeviceSettings to the[ati2mtag_Hawaii] Section. I forgot the [AMD_Service_Inst_Hawaii] Section though, it didnt do any good but no harm as well, so i removed it because of your warning, and i am happy that i didnt break anything....
you wrote something about bus speed of 0x06 but i think it is 0x01 (which is the standard value for the r9 290X) the chiptype is 0x06 (standard as well). the agp transfer of the r9 290X is 0x10 which is the highest number in the table so i didnt change any of it
Anyway, the driver installed without any problems and i did some test. The problem is, the results were somewhat inconsistent...
So first, the Spec Viewperf 11.0 Results
After that i did the SPECapcSM for PTC Creo™ 2.0 Test because the Results where the worst....
The Results of this test are:
SPECapc Creo TM 2.0 benchmark scoring utility
Installed graphics supports a minimum of 8x MSAA so compare results only to 8x MSAA results
Graphics Composite (groups 3 & 4) = 5.74
Shaded Graphics Composite (group 4) = 5.62
Wireframe Graphics Composite (group 3) = 5.87
CPU Composite (group 1) = 3.14
I/O Composite (group 2) = 2.24
Worldcar_Graphics (test 1) = 4.52
Worldcar_Regen (test 2) = 2.06
Worldcar_Retessellation (test 3) = 2.32
Worldcar_Engine_Mass_Properties (test 4) = 2.87
Worldcar_Load_Erase_Load (test 5) = 2.29
Worldcar_Body_Graphics (test 6) = 5.54
IGES_Import_Export (test 7) = 2.19
Worldcar_Engine_Drawing_New (test 8) = 4.37
These Results are similar to some results i found on the Specs website of a workstation equiped with the ATI FirePro W8000 Card:
If you take the 8x MSAA into account that for whatever reason is enabled on the r9 290X Card this result seems more like what you would expect.
The second result is far more realistic as the framerate is apparently high enough that you have smooth movements throughout the benchmark even with 8xMSAA,
the benchmark is rather too fast at times, and it is run in the actual application. so the 2,96 fps in viewperf is definately not accurate...
There seems to be some problem with the Viewperf benchmark.... i dont know what it does but it is definately not benchmarking the actual application performance...
there are other tests for maya, 3dsmax and solidworks as well, but i dont have the possibility to run them.
It would be a good idea to check if there are the same differences and the modded drivers are actually much better than it seems to be in the Viewperf benchmark.Edited by minozheros - 11/26/13 at 8:19pm