Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia Shadowplay Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Nvidia Shadowplay Discussion Thread - Page 3

post #21 of 2137
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

I just hope it is few days more and not sometime in October.

The word ''SOON'' can be misleading redface.gif

Considering the Nvidia Shield is released on the 27th, expect the Geforce Experience update including Shadowplay to come out before that. The game streaming feature of Geforce Experience that the Shield is going to use is essentially using the same technology as Shadowplay, so I expect them to be closely related. Since the game streaming feature is a part of the Shield's feature set at launch, I think we can safely say that this prediction is going to hold true.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @ 3.8 Ghz Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II TOP Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 8GB CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar® Black 1TB and Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair GS 600W Coolermaster HAF 912+ Razer Imperator Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @ 3.8 Ghz Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II TOP Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 8GB CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Caviar® Black 1TB and Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair GS 600W Coolermaster HAF 912+ Razer Imperator Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 2137
What soon really means; copyright by Blizzard Entertainment (Click to show)
WoWWiki

This article is silly. Coming from a source other than the computer games, trading card game, novels, RPG, or manga, its content is not part of official Warcraft lore, but nevertheless has become part of the culture belonging to the World of Warcraft community.

Soon: Copyright 2004-2013 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Contents:

1 Very Soon
2 Soon-ish
3 Blizzard's Official Definition of Soon
4 See also
5 References

Very Soon

Another common term implemented by Blizzard often misleading players into excitement for future content. "Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release.

........Now..........Very Soon...........Soon..........Soon-ish......................End of Time
< - - - | - - - - - - - || - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ... - - - - - - - - - ->

Soon-ish

On Febuary 19, 2010, Nethaera used the term "Soon-ish" with regards to the next release of information pertaining to Cataclysm. Current speculation believes "Soon-ish" to exist between "Soon" and "End of Time."
Blizzard's Official Definition of Soon

“Information in this press release that involves Blizzard Entertainment’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Blizzard Entertainment generally uses words such as “outlook,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes,” “may,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming” and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Blizzard Entertainment’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Blizzard Entertainment’s titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Blizzard Entertainment’s ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Blizzard Entertainment’s products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Blizzard Entertainment, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard’s success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company’s ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated, and the other factors identified in Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Blizzard Entertainment and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Blizzard Entertainment nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Blizzard Entertainment or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.“


Soon...ish
Edited by fragamemnon - 6/25/13 at 12:51pm
MEGATRON
(17 items)
 
GIGATRON
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte RX 580 2x8 G.Skill Trident 3200 CAS14 @ 3466 CAS14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x1TB WD Black RAID 0 3TB WD Red Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Stock... hue hue 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Benq XL2411Z Dell U2412M Dell U2412M KBC Poker II MX Clears 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP Aurum PT 1200W Thermaltake Core X9 Mionix AVIOR 7000 old school Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Aune T1 -> Yamaha A-720 -> Sennheiser HD650 | S... 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz SuperMicro X10DAL-i nay 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
2x8GB (for now) Kingston DDR4 @ 2133MHz/C16 Samsung 840 120GB EK-Vardar F4 on an Arctic Freezer i11 Ubuntu Server 16.04 
PowerCase
SeaSonic SS850-AM overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
MEGATRON
(17 items)
 
GIGATRON
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte RX 580 2x8 G.Skill Trident 3200 CAS14 @ 3466 CAS14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x1TB WD Black RAID 0 3TB WD Red Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Stock... hue hue 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Benq XL2411Z Dell U2412M Dell U2412M KBC Poker II MX Clears 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP Aurum PT 1200W Thermaltake Core X9 Mionix AVIOR 7000 old school Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Aune T1 -> Yamaha A-720 -> Sennheiser HD650 | S... 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz SuperMicro X10DAL-i nay 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
2x8GB (for now) Kingston DDR4 @ 2133MHz/C16 Samsung 840 120GB EK-Vardar F4 on an Arctic Freezer i11 Ubuntu Server 16.04 
PowerCase
SeaSonic SS850-AM overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 2137
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00sl0w View Post

you have to use that ratty GF experience to use the shadowplay feature?
uggh.

I have GF installed but I never use it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazze View Post


Considering the Nvidia Shield is released on the 27th, expect the Geforce Experience update including Shadowplay to come out before that. The game streaming feature of Geforce Experience that the Shield is going to use is essentially using the same technology as Shadowplay, so I expect them to be closely related. Since the game streaming feature is a part of the Shield's feature set at launch, I think we can safely say that this prediction is going to hold true.

I guess Shield might be delayed as well. Something is going on at Nvidia for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragamemnon View Post

What soon really means; copyright by Blizzard Entertainment (Click to show)
WoWWiki

This article is silly. Coming from a source other than the computer games, trading card game, novels, RPG, or manga, its content is not part of official Warcraft lore, but nevertheless has become part of the culture belonging to the World of Warcraft community.

Soon: Copyright 2004-2013 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Contents:

1 Very Soon
2 Soon-ish
3 Blizzard's Official Definition of Soon
4 See also
5 References

Very Soon

Another common term implemented by Blizzard often misleading players into excitement for future content. "Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release.

........Now..........Very Soon...........Soon..........Soon-ish......................End of Time
< - - - | - - - - - - - || - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ... - - - - - - - - - ->

Soon-ish

On Febuary 19, 2010, Nethaera used the term "Soon-ish" with regards to the next release of information pertaining to Cataclysm. Current speculation believes "Soon-ish" to exist between "Soon" and "End of Time."
Blizzard's Official Definition of Soon

“Information in this press release that involves Blizzard Entertainment’s expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Blizzard Entertainment generally uses words such as “outlook,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes,” “may,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming” and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Blizzard Entertainment’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales levels of Blizzard Entertainment’s titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the impact of the current macroeconomic environment, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Blizzard Entertainment’s ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Blizzard Entertainment’s products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Blizzard Entertainment, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard’s success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company’s ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated, and the other factors identified in Activision Blizzard’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Blizzard Entertainment and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Blizzard Entertainment nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Blizzard Entertainment or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.“


Soon...ish

Hahaha. GOod one :) 

 

I never ever believe Blizzard. When blizzard announces a game, my expectation is to see that game in 3 years redface.gif

post #24 of 2137
Or even more. Titan, anyone? Most definitely that type of soon-ish correlates with "End of Time". "D

P.S. I'm still bummed out for ShadowPlay. frown.gif
MEGATRON
(17 items)
 
GIGATRON
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte RX 580 2x8 G.Skill Trident 3200 CAS14 @ 3466 CAS14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x1TB WD Black RAID 0 3TB WD Red Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Stock... hue hue 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Benq XL2411Z Dell U2412M Dell U2412M KBC Poker II MX Clears 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP Aurum PT 1200W Thermaltake Core X9 Mionix AVIOR 7000 old school Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Aune T1 -> Yamaha A-720 -> Sennheiser HD650 | S... 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz SuperMicro X10DAL-i nay 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
2x8GB (for now) Kingston DDR4 @ 2133MHz/C16 Samsung 840 120GB EK-Vardar F4 on an Arctic Freezer i11 Ubuntu Server 16.04 
PowerCase
SeaSonic SS850-AM overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
MEGATRON
(17 items)
 
GIGATRON
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte RX 580 2x8 G.Skill Trident 3200 CAS14 @ 3466 CAS14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x1TB WD Black RAID 0 3TB WD Red Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Stock... hue hue 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Benq XL2411Z Dell U2412M Dell U2412M KBC Poker II MX Clears 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP Aurum PT 1200W Thermaltake Core X9 Mionix AVIOR 7000 old school Razer Goliathus 
Audio
Aune T1 -> Yamaha A-720 -> Sennheiser HD650 | S... 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz SuperMicro X10DAL-i nay 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
2x8GB (for now) Kingston DDR4 @ 2133MHz/C16 Samsung 840 120GB EK-Vardar F4 on an Arctic Freezer i11 Ubuntu Server 16.04 
PowerCase
SeaSonic SS850-AM overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 2137
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragamemnon View Post

Or even more. Titan, anyone? Most definitely that type of soon-ish correlates with "End of Time". "D

P.S. I'm still bummed out for ShadowPlay. frown.gif

Manuel G in the Nvidia forums said today that ShadowPlay was pushed back for a few days. 

 

Maybe by the end of the month we will have it.

 

I am sure it has been delayed because Shield has been delayed as well.

post #26 of 2137

Another Nvidia employee wrote the below quote on the forums. I hope Shadowplay does not become a myth.

 

'' Shadowplay wasn't quite ready and got bumped back a bit, but it will be out soon. Sorry for the delay. 

post #27 of 2137
I think software tends to have Duke Nukem Forever moments when they say "coming this year", or "coming next year", but definitely NOT when they say "coming next week". This tells me they thought it was all finished and ready, but then they found a critical bug and decided to delay the release a little bit.
Calvin
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4670 @3.40Ghz ASUS Z87-A eVGA GTX 670 8 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
SSD + 2TB internal Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Two of them! Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
Calvin
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4670 @3.40Ghz ASUS Z87-A eVGA GTX 670 8 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
SSD + 2TB internal Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Two of them! Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 2137
http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/06/26/shield-delayed/

Probably something to do with the shadowplay streaming software.
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo NVme Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Mushkin Chronos 480GB Toshiba 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 x64 Pro Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Corsair AX850 NZXT S340 Elite White Steelseries Rival 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-7700k Asus Maximus IX Hero EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo NVme Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Mushkin Chronos 480GB Toshiba 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 x64 Pro Dell S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Corsair AX850 NZXT S340 Elite White Steelseries Rival 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 2137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana View Post

I think software tends to have Duke Nukem Forever moments when they say "coming this year", or "coming next year", but definitely NOT when they say "coming next week". This tells me they thought it was all finished and ready, but then they found a critical bug and decided to delay the release a little bit.

I agree. It seems they found issues with shadowplay and project shield. Very amateurish of Nvidia though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcasst View Post

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/06/26/shield-delayed/

Probably something to do with the shadowplay streaming software.

Thanks for the link Outcast

 

+rep

post #30 of 2137
Had my hopes ShadowPlay would be out already. I can't seem to find my key for dxtory in my email, and I must of lost the code months ago during a hard drive wipe >____>.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia Shadowplay Discussion Thread