Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club - Page 393

post #3921 of 6354
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

Keep in mind that internet videos are mainly dependent on your internet speed, your video card shouldn't be much of an issue in that matter....

Yes I know that, but it worked like a charm in our other computer that has 670 in it, and ofcourse it's the same internet connection. That's what made me wonder. But it's good to hear that it isn't my cards fault smile.gif
Pinky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
3570K MSI Z77 G45 Gaming Asus GTX760 DirectCU II OC Kingston V+300 60GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Hitachi 500GB Hitachi 500GB Antec Kühler H2O 620 V4 Cherry 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 600W CX V2 Builder Series NZXT Phantom *Pink* Deltaco Optical Mouse Razer Galiathus 
Audio
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
Pinky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
3570K MSI Z77 G45 Gaming Asus GTX760 DirectCU II OC Kingston V+300 60GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Hitachi 500GB Hitachi 500GB Antec Kühler H2O 620 V4 Cherry 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 600W CX V2 Builder Series NZXT Phantom *Pink* Deltaco Optical Mouse Razer Galiathus 
Audio
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3922 of 6354
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

Hi guys, I see everyone been busy with their new 760s counting 392 pages tongue.gif I'm kind of stuck on a choice between two different GPUs and I think it would be best to go to the guys who own the cards.
I'm currently looking at Gigabytes WF 760GTX 2GB and a 7950, from where I'm looking at buying from I can find the 7950 for £191 with no games, I can get a 760GTX from another place with AC4 and Splinter Cell Blacklist for £199, I'm currently running a 6850 and want to go Nvidia this time round and the 760 looks like a very attractive deal, with performance close to and occasionally onpar or beating the 7950 at stock, my main reason for wanting to go Nvidia is proprietary features such as Physx and the newly introduced shadowplay.

How well can you overclock a 760 under good cooling etc and what is the performance gap between stock and oc'd?

I've read a couple pages and I can see the GPU's average overclock potential, would just like some clarification in comparison to a 7950, both are really strong cards.

Edit: Change of plans, I think im gonna get a 760
You can OC monitors? that I didnt know :O

Well...that depends,what is the res your playing on?what games are you going to play?a 7950 with 3GB of memory and big bandwidth will be able to handle games at higher res plus mantle is coming soon but I don't really know how much improvement will it bring,on the other hand the 760 has PHYSX plus a free game and is more powerful stock for stock and if you're gaming on a single 1080p monitor it will be sufficient ,so like I said it depends on what you want
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCryptOrchidxX View Post

Hello everyone! I was watching this video just to see how the 4k was, and I saw some twiching in it when I changed it to full screen... Is it possible that one 760 is not enough to roll this smoothly? I only have one monitor. How is this vid with those who have SLI? I'm think that I'm going to go with SLI after christmas, and if I'm able to gain enough money, it might even mean selling this one and making it HAWK SLI wink.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hmm...watching a 4K video shouldn't be a problem since a snapdragon 800(ARM processor for mobile devices made by qualcum)can play it.....
My First
(9 items)
 
My dream
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4960x ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition GTX 780 ti GTX 780 ti 
GraphicsRAMHard Drive
GTX 780 ti  64 GB corsair dominator Samsung 840 pro 256GB SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
My First
(9 items)
 
My dream
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4960x ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition GTX 780 ti GTX 780 ti 
GraphicsRAMHard Drive
GTX 780 ti  64 GB corsair dominator Samsung 840 pro 256GB SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3923 of 6354
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCryptOrchidxX View Post

Hello everyone! I was watching this video just to see how the 4k was, and I saw some twiching in it when I changed it to full screen... Is it possible that one 760 is not enough to roll this smoothly? I only have one monitor. How is this vid with those who have SLI? I'm think that I'm going to go with SLI after christmas, and if I'm able to gain enough money, it might even mean selling this one and making it HAWK SLI wink.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I think it's the limitation of the browser, for me Firefox was quite jumpy, IE11 was smooth from the beginning, don't have other browsers installed to test atm

Definitely not a limitation of the GPU
post #3924 of 6354
Anyone know how I can disable the "throttle-back" settings on the GTX 760?

I really do not like the fact that it throttles down if temps reach 70 > 80 degrees....
post #3925 of 6354
Quote:
Originally Posted by domgilberto View Post

Anyone know how I can disable the "throttle-back" settings on the GTX 760?

I really do not like the fact that it throttles down if temps reach 70 > 80 degrees....

Mine was throttling back to 536MHz after hitting 58-78c, took a while to work it out, but it was the memory OC that was causing it, I set the memory back to stock and left the core OC'd and now there is no more throttling and temps rarely pass 60c
post #3926 of 6354
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domgilberto View Post

Anyone know how I can disable the "throttle-back" settings on the GTX 760?

I really do not like the fact that it throttles down if temps reach 70 > 80 degrees....
Have you tried to set the fan at higher speeds and temp limit to 85 or 90°C via msi afterburner?
post #3927 of 6354
Does the GTX760 support DX11.1 ?

Everything I've read says 11.0 only and don't see 11.1 mentioned in dxdiag or GPUz
post #3928 of 6354
hello! biggrin.gif new member and a new proud gigabyte 760 owner biggrin.gif

1 stupid question, i installed msi afterburner and when i was launching a game (metro 2033) the memory was showing that it runs at 3ghz.
is that normal? or how should i check if everything is normal, im kinda new at this sadsmiley.gif
post #3929 of 6354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPh View Post

hello! biggrin.gif new member and a new proud gigabyte 760 owner biggrin.gif

1 stupid question, i installed msi afterburner and when i was launching a game (metro 2033) the memory was showing that it runs at 3ghz.
is that normal? or how should i check if everything is normal, im kinda new at this sadsmiley.gif

1500, 3000 or 6000

They are all normal speeds to be reported for the memory, give or take a few MHz
post #3930 of 6354
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicdave26 View Post

Does the GTX760 support DX11.1 ?

Everything I've read says 11.0 only and don't see 11.1 mentioned in dxdiag or GPUz

it does but not with full instructions support.. i think 3 are missing .. Its DX 11.1 with 11.0 API support, literally..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club