Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club - Page 430

post #4291 of 6349
After some quick testing BIOS, here's what I got:

Before BIOS flash, absolute max: core boost @1267,3 mem boost @1701,0 (core +110, mem +400) Valley points 1865. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


After BIOS flash, absolute max: core boost @1280,3 mem boost @1728,0 (core +130, mem +450) Valley points 1891. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


So BIOS definitely did something, and it added a little "kick" to my card making it more stable in higher OC. But notice that this was just a quick test, so maybe it will go even further someday when I have more time to play with this. But I think this was some very nice performing from my older and worse card (which has ASIC of 78...) even if BIOS didn't let me raise power limit or volts, but I think it wasn't even supposed to. So good job guys, keep it up thumb.gif
Pinky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
3570K MSI Z77 G45 Gaming Asus GTX760 DirectCU II OC Kingston V+300 60GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Hitachi 500GB Hitachi 500GB Antec Kühler H2O 620 V4 Cherry 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 600W CX V2 Builder Series NZXT Phantom *Pink* Deltaco Optical Mouse Razer Galiathus 
Audio
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
Pinky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
3570K MSI Z77 G45 Gaming Asus GTX760 DirectCU II OC Kingston V+300 60GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Hitachi 500GB Hitachi 500GB Antec Kühler H2O 620 V4 Cherry 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 600W CX V2 Builder Series NZXT Phantom *Pink* Deltaco Optical Mouse Razer Galiathus 
Audio
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4292 of 6349
I just got my 760 yesterday, and I am both overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time.

Anyway, this is my max OC according to OP's method. Slightly disappointed, but is good card with or without OC.






Now I shall fill out the form and join the proud club. thumb.gif
Edited by neo0031 - 1/9/14 at 11:33am
Scarlett
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6200 Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX Crucial Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Technology  Samsung 840 Evo WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Green 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Hitachi 1 TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Xclio 256 Colour 120mm Fan x 2 Cougar Vortex 120mm 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Cooler Master Quickfire TK XFX 650w XXX Edition Aerocool X Warrior Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Vespula 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Asus GTX 780 Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB WD Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H100i Corsair SP120 PWM x2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair AF140 Corsair AF140 Corsair AF120 Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VN247H-P WASD fully custom keyboard in UK layout Corsair AX860i Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Ouroboros OcUK Professional XXXL Mouse Mat Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 28W 2ch S... 
  hide details  
Reply
Scarlett
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6200 Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX Crucial Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Technology  Samsung 840 Evo WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Green 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Hitachi 1 TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Xclio 256 Colour 120mm Fan x 2 Cougar Vortex 120mm 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Cooler Master Quickfire TK XFX 650w XXX Edition Aerocool X Warrior Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Vespula 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Asus GTX 780 Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB WD Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H100i Corsair SP120 PWM x2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair AF140 Corsair AF140 Corsair AF120 Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VN247H-P WASD fully custom keyboard in UK layout Corsair AX860i Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Ouroboros OcUK Professional XXXL Mouse Mat Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 28W 2ch S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4293 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCryptOrchidxX View Post

After some quick testing BIOS, here's what I got:

Before BIOS flash, absolute max: core boost @1267,3 mem boost @1701,0 (core +110, mem +400) Valley points 1865. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


After BIOS flash, absolute max: core boost @1280,3 mem boost @1728,0 (core +130, mem +450) Valley points 1891. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


So BIOS definitely did something, and it added a little "kick" to my card making it more stable in higher OC. But notice that this was just a quick test, so maybe it will go even further someday when I have more time to play with this. But I think this was some very nice performing from my older and worse card (which has ASIC of 78...) even if BIOS didn't let me raise power limit or volts, but I think it wasn't even supposed to. So good job guys, keep it up thumb.gif

use MSI Afterburner... and in settings.. FORCE constant volt.. then set 1212mV... under 105% PL is maybe 200W.. tommorow I will try with Stay Puft different settings
post #4294 of 6349
Wow this realy seems to be working so far i just passed through valey with 80+ on core wich would usualy always chrash on me i will report final results thumb.gif
post #4295 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCryptOrchidxX View Post

I'll let you know wink.gif btw I only use valley when benching (furmark for finding stable oc) so I hope those scores with boost clock before and after is enough info for you smile.gif my Valley has been having some strange lagging problems lately, re-installing won't help and in some points screen just seems freeze a bit, dropping min fps under 20 (even when in SLI) and then just goes on. It's definitely not a problem of unstable clocks, since this just keeps happening at stock also... and you can simply download nvflash and extract it, no installation needed and the take a copy of your original BIOS with gpu-z (press green arrow at graphics card page next to bios version box. Then put your new bios in the same folder with nvflash and just drag new bios on top of nvflash. It opens and then just follow instructions and wait until flashed. Then restart and it's done thumb.gif

edit: fixed some typos tongue.gif

Omg I've been having the same prob. Fps drops below 20. Doesn't crash or artifact but fps just drops. Initially I thought the gpu was throttling but the clocks seem to be constant in afterburner and temp was still under 80c. Only way to fix it is to restart my PC. Kinda hard to oc with this problem since I can't figure out what's causing it. Read somewhere else that it may be a too high memory oc but since it's happening to you on stock clocks I think it might be another issue altogether. I do have another 460gtx running as physx though. Might take that out and see if there's any diff. Btw what drivers are you using?
post #4296 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoom View Post

Omg I've been having the same prob. Fps drops below 20. Doesn't crash or artifact but fps just drops. Initially I thought the gpu was throttling but the clocks seem to be constant in afterburner and temp was still under 80c. Only way to fix it is to restart my PC. Kinda hard to oc with this problem since I can't figure out what's causing it. Read somewhere else that it may be a too high memory oc but since it's happening to you on stock clocks I think it might be another issue altogether. I do have another 460gtx running as physx though. Might take that out and see if there's any diff. Btw what drivers are you using?
Yep the same thing hapend to me i had to lower memory oc
post #4297 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post

Yep the same thing hapend to me i had to lower memory oc

Well I guess that means it's probably caused by the memory unstability? But what's weird is that even when my mem clocks are at stock and I'm trying to find my max stable core oc it still happens. It doesn't crash the driver but just does that sudden lag. Right now my hawk won't go over 1350 and 6.8ghz without that phenomenon occurring (even at 1.4v)
post #4298 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoom View Post

Omg I've been having the same prob. Fps drops below 20. Doesn't crash or artifact but fps just drops. Initially I thought the gpu was throttling but the clocks seem to be constant in afterburner and temp was still under 80c. Only way to fix it is to restart my PC. Kinda hard to oc with this problem since I can't figure out what's causing it. Read somewhere else that it may be a too high memory oc but since it's happening to you on stock clocks I think it might be another issue altogether. I do have another 460gtx running as physx though. Might take that out and see if there's any diff. Btw what drivers are you using?

I'm using 332.21 at the time, but I've tried like tens of different drivers and non of them removes the problem... If I notice this problem when test starts I usually solve it by disconnecting my internet (without shutting down Valley) and pressing esc and F9 many times in a row so it will start benchmarking over and over again and maybe one test out of five goes smoothly after doing this. But the most weird part is, that it's not happening every time I run the test, even if nothing changes it just still makes it. And it's also the same problem with another computer in the house, which is running GTX670.

I think that I need to change my benchmark test if I can't get rid of this annoying lagging, but I've heard that Heaven is very sensitive to driver changes and I don't feel like fighting with constant crashes caused by program itself. And 3DMark, well, not my piece of cake... So any suggestions about tests (free tests are always better for my "slim-fit" wallet)? And please let me know if you find a solution! thumb.gif
Pinky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
3570K MSI Z77 G45 Gaming Asus GTX760 DirectCU II OC Kingston V+300 60GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Hitachi 500GB Hitachi 500GB Antec Kühler H2O 620 V4 Cherry 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 600W CX V2 Builder Series NZXT Phantom *Pink* Deltaco Optical Mouse Razer Galiathus 
Audio
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
Pinky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
3570K MSI Z77 G45 Gaming Asus GTX760 DirectCU II OC Kingston V+300 60GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Hitachi 500GB Hitachi 500GB Antec Kühler H2O 620 V4 Cherry 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 600W CX V2 Builder Series NZXT Phantom *Pink* Deltaco Optical Mouse Razer Galiathus 
Audio
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4299 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCryptOrchidxX View Post

I'm using 332.21 at the time, but I've tried like tens of different drivers and non of them removes the problem... If I notice this problem when test starts I usually solve it by disconnecting my internet (without shutting down Valley) and pressing esc and F9 many times in a row so it will start benchmarking over and over again and maybe one test out of five goes smoothly after doing this. But the most weird part is, that it's not happening every time I run the test, even if nothing changes it just still makes it. And it's also the same problem with another computer in the house, which is running GTX670.

I think that I need to change my benchmark test if I can't get rid of this annoying lagging, but I've heard that Heaven is very sensitive to driver changes and I don't feel like fighting with constant crashes caused by program itself. And 3DMark, well, not my piece of cake... So any suggestions about tests (free tests are always better for my "slim-fit" wallet)? And please let me know if you find a solution! thumb.gif

Have you tried out Catzilla? It's a bit more entertaining to watch than Valley or Heaven, and doesn't take as much time as 3dMark.... thumb.gif

Catzilla
post #4300 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

Have you tried out Catzilla? It's a bit more entertaining to watch than Valley or Heaven, and doesn't take as much time as 3dMark.... thumb.gif

Catzilla

Thanks! I have to try that tomorrow, 'cause it's already 2:00am i finland, so maybe some sleep first biggrin.gif
Pinky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
3570K MSI Z77 G45 Gaming Asus GTX760 DirectCU II OC Kingston V+300 60GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Hitachi 500GB Hitachi 500GB Antec Kühler H2O 620 V4 Cherry 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 600W CX V2 Builder Series NZXT Phantom *Pink* Deltaco Optical Mouse Razer Galiathus 
Audio
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
Pinky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
3570K MSI Z77 G45 Gaming Asus GTX760 DirectCU II OC Kingston V+300 60GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingKeyboard
Hitachi 500GB Hitachi 500GB Antec Kühler H2O 620 V4 Cherry 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 600W CX V2 Builder Series NZXT Phantom *Pink* Deltaco Optical Mouse Razer Galiathus 
Audio
Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club