Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club - Page 437

post #4361 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercfh View Post

Well it went from a whine to a dull buzz but I guess it's kinda the same thing, vibrations and all. Seems to be getting duller at least.

I would RMA.....but who says I won't get another ones thats worse: Plus waiting 2 weeks or so, ugh that would suck.

It's a 3 year warranty with EVGA. I would not RMA and go through all that unless the card starts showing artefact. But that's just me.
Scarlett
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6200 Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX Crucial Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Technology  Samsung 840 Evo WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Green 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Hitachi 1 TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Xclio 256 Colour 120mm Fan x 2 Cougar Vortex 120mm 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Cooler Master Quickfire TK XFX 650w XXX Edition Aerocool X Warrior Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Vespula 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Asus GTX 780 Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB WD Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H100i Corsair SP120 PWM x2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair AF140 Corsair AF140 Corsair AF120 Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VN247H-P WASD fully custom keyboard in UK layout Corsair AX860i Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Ouroboros OcUK Professional XXXL Mouse Mat Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 28W 2ch S... 
  hide details  
Reply
Scarlett
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 6200 Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX Crucial Technology  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial Technology  Samsung 840 Evo WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Green 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Hitachi 1 TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Xclio 256 Colour 120mm Fan x 2 Cougar Vortex 120mm 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Cooler Master Quickfire TK XFX 650w XXX Edition Aerocool X Warrior Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Vespula 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Asus GTX 780 Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB WD Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H100i Corsair SP120 PWM x2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair AF140 Corsair AF140 Corsair AF120 Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VN247H-P WASD fully custom keyboard in UK layout Corsair AX860i Corsair 350D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Ouroboros OcUK Professional XXXL Mouse Mat Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 Series II 28W 2ch S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4362 of 6349
Anyone know what the deal is with 3-way sli on these cards? Home cinema seems to get some amazing firestrike scores with these cards in Tri-SLI but most reviews show it performs worse than 2-way. What gives?

Ie: http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/4632/5/geforce-gtx-700-series-sli-review-geforce-gtx-760770780-in-sli-and-3-way-sli-3dmark-fire-strike
post #4363 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoom View Post

Nope. Previously was using an Asus P8H67 with the i5 2400 and a 6 year old Silverstone 850w Gold. When my asus mobo died, decided that I should get a new PSU since that one was kinda old. So I got a Asrock Z87 OC Formula with the i7 4760k and a Corsair AX860i.

And then it happened again.

So yes I'm pretty sure it's the card, though not all cards are made the same. So you may not have a problem with yours going over 1.3v. But I'm just putting it out there so at least people know what they're getting into.

I've ran 1450mv through mine and I didn't pop anything. I had thought I blew my 2nd hawk but it was just a horrible clocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWESOMEx20 View Post

Anyone know what the deal is with 3-way sli on these cards? Home cinema seems to get some amazing firestrike scores with these cards in Tri-SLI but most reviews show it performs worse than 2-way. What gives?

Ie: http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/4632/5/geforce-gtx-700-series-sli-review-geforce-gtx-760770780-in-sli-and-3-way-sli-3dmark-fire-strike

Old review with old drivers.
Edited by Stay Puft - 1/13/14 at 9:13am
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4364 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

I've ran 1450mv through mine and I didn't pop anything. I had thought I blew my 2nd hawk but it was just a horrible clocker

Oh well I guess its just my card then. Sad.
post #4365 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoom View Post

Oh well I guess its just my card then. Sad.

What were your temps like?
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4366 of 6349

hm evga is a medicore clocker on the core at least; only able to get about +80 on the core

post #4367 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by DF is BUSY View Post

hm evga is a medicore clocker on the core at least; only able to get about +80 on the core

If you get a card that has a factory OC, then you need to take the amount of that OC into consideration when adding your own - an overclock is an overclock, no matter who did it....
post #4368 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

If you get a card that has a factory OC, then you need to take the amount of that OC into consideration when adding your own - an overclock is an overclock, no matter who did it....

That's a good point, the ASUS GTX760 DCU II is stock @ GPU Base Clock : 1006 MHz - so to have an OC/Boost to 1215MHz is not too shabby at all even if the card is the OC version with factory OC being GPU Boost Clock : 1072 MHz
post #4369 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicdave26 View Post

That's a good point, the ASUS GTX760 DCU II is stock @ GPU Base Clock : 1006 MHz - so to have an OC/Boost to 1215MHz is not too shabby at all even if the card is the OC version with factory OC being GPU Boost Clock : 1072 MHz

The true base clock of the Nvidia GTX 760 is actually 980mhz....http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-760/specifications
post #4370 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

The true base clock of the Nvidia GTX 760 is actually 980mhz....http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-760/specifications

Ah ok, I got the clocks from here
https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX760DC2OC2GD5/#specifications

Even better then, 980>1215=235 - probably one of the better GPU OCs I've managed over the years
Edited by magicdave26 - 1/14/14 at 9:18am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club