Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club - Page 500

post #4991 of 6349
I have a question. When do I know Furmark burn-in-test completes and passes the test. In the beginning of this thread it's stated that I must perform 5' furmark burn-in tests for each step of core or memory overclock I have applied. Problem is I don't know when the test stops.

Anyone any idea? Or should I consider 30 minutes of test is stable enough for my GPU.

GPU : MSI GTX760 HAWK
post #4992 of 6349
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldushi View Post

I have a question. When do I know Furmark burn-in-test completes and passes the test. In the beginning of this thread it's stated that I must perform 5' furmark burn-in tests for each step of core or memory overclock I have applied. Problem is I don't know when the test stops.

Anyone any idea? Or should I consider 30 minutes of test is stable enough for my GPU.

GPU : MSI GTX760 HAWK
Aldushi,
5' per kepler frequency step is enough to get a draft idea if your core can handle the extra frequency. Your stop mark for every 13Mhz oc can be considered the 5' of artifact free furmark round. So after 5' you stop the furmark, you may let the gpu to cool a bit for few minutes and then you may try for higher oc.
When you notice artifacts of nvidia driver crash you have reached your gpu oc limits. At that point lower the core two kepler frequency steps back (-26mhz) and then you may start testing for your RAM.
Finding both core and ram oc limits you can start running unigine valley benchmark for 2-3 passes. If it finishes without issues the proceed to the ultimate frontier smile.gif
The final judge of finding your max oc is only one: gaming. So play your favorite game and check on which frequency your gpu can perform artifact free with under 80-85oC temps. For sure these speeds will be lower than your furmark artifact free/driver crash findings.
post #4993 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodystyle2003 View Post

Aldushi,
5' per kepler frequency step is enough to get a draft idea if your core can handle the extra frequency. Your stop mark for every 13Mhz oc can be considered the 5' of artifact free furmark round. So after 5' you stop the furmark, you may let the gpu to cool a bit for few minutes and then you may try for higher oc.
When you notice artifacts of nvidia driver crash you have reached your gpu oc limits. At that point lower the core two kepler frequency steps back (-26mhz) and then you may start testing for your RAM.
Finding both core and ram oc limits you can start running unigine valley benchmark for 2-3 passes. If it finishes without issues the proceed to the ultimate frontier smile.gif
The final judge of finding your max oc is only one: gaming. So play your favorite game and check on which frequency your gpu can perform artifact free with under 80-85oC temps. For sure these speeds will be lower than your furmark artifact free/driver crash findings.

Aha ok. So it was 5 minutes. I didn't get it the first time. (') this meant minutes. My bad. Thanxx anyway.
post #4994 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post

Sorry, I should have been more specific. It's a Rev. 2 WF3x. I'm using OC GURU II, it's overvolted to 1.212v, 108% TDP (max). I OC'ed core first and found its maximum stable setting, so I realized what you said in your last sentence is true, lol.

It seems the memory goes that high. I know voltage/heat is what causes damage, but I'm just a little concerned that such a high frequency adjustment could possibly have an effect on the memory chips which have no diode.
My best 760 Giga WF3 will do 1346@3900@1.212v on a good run and 1320 / 1333 @ said mem on valley smile.gif
post #4995 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldushi View Post

Aha ok. So it was 5 minutes. I didn't get it the first time. (') this meant minutes. My bad. Thanxx anyway.

I didn't either, I had to search the thread. OP should be more clear about it.

Instead of Furmark, I recommend you loop Unigine Heaven (click to dl) and tweak bit by bit until you find instability. It is much more sensitive to instability. Although, I can't say whether Furmark is sufficient for games and Unigine Heaven is just too intense, but...
post #4996 of 6349
So I'm OC'ing my other Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2GB Rev2 now. I'm shocked! So far it's stable at 1359 MHz core (+91 MHz). The ASIC on this card is 92.6%!! Higher than any of the reported values in the OP!
Edited by Fireblast - 4/2/14 at 5:05pm
post #4997 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post

I didn't either, I had to search the thread. OP should be more clear about it.

Instead of Furmark, I recommend you loop Unigine Heaven (click to dl) and tweak bit by bit until you find instability. It is much more sensitive to instability. Although, I can't say whether Furmark is sufficient for games and Unigine Heaven is just too intense, but...

Thanxx. I managed to find my max OC at 1306 Mhz with MSI Afterburner +65. As for the memory oc, it doesn't crash even at 1900 Mhz. Is this normal or maybe Furmark is not that reliable? Heaven benchmark crashes even at stock settings.
post #4998 of 6349
If you read a few posts up, I had the same question. These cards OC memory like a beast, so yes, that's normal. Try testing for long-term stability though (run a benchmark for about 2 hours without any problems) or you may run into headaches while playing games later.

To see if your overclock crashed (and recovered), open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer and look at the System log. Refresh it every once in a while, it will say that your nv... so and so driver crashed if your overclock was unstable.

PS: At your maximum stable core setting, you might not be able to reach your maximum memory setting before your card throttles due to power consumption. GPU-Z will say so under PerfCap Reason. I think these cards will perform better if they aren't throttling, since that brings down both core and memory OC.
Edited by Fireblast - 4/2/14 at 7:45pm
post #4999 of 6349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblast View Post

If you read a few posts up, I had the same question. These cards OC memory like a beast, so yes, that's normal. Try testing for long-term stability though (run a benchmark for about 2 hours without any problems) or you may run into headaches while playing games later.

To see if your overclock crashed (and recovered), open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer and look at the System log. Refresh it every once in a while, it will say that your nv... so and so driver crashed if your overclock was unstable.

PS: At your maximum stable core setting, you might not be able to reach your maximum memory setting before your card throttles due to power consumption. GPU-Z will say so under PerfCap Reason. I think these cards will perform better if they aren't throttling, since that brings down both core and memory OC.


If it is ELPIDA it wont OC good...
On 7000 MHz it is unstable.


post #5000 of 6349
I have Hynix and when I set max core clock i cannot even reach 7GHz .... a little shiity ... But GK104 doesnt depend on VRAM clock like Tahity does..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 760 Owners Club