Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie fk or Steelseries Sensei
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zowie fk or Steelseries Sensei - Page 3

post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr92 View Post

Have you played top level CS? If the answer is no you should probably stop there. You cannot excuse the retardation of the dpi intervals, 1150? Who on earth wants to change their sensitivity from say 2.5 on 400 dpi to 0.869565217391 on 1150 dpi. The inconvenience of it all is just stupid, especially cross game. You don't need more than 800 dpi for competitive gaming, IT IS USELESS so why give me another 350 dpi when 800 is already sort of tipping the scales. Whether you think there is a difference or not there is to millions of CS/Quake players out there and I am one of them. It isn't just about what "I'm use to" it's about the fact that the movement of my mouse feels better and more snappy. Try flicking from 1 spot to another with a ridiculously high dpi, it feels more smoother (not a good thing) and harder to distinguish your degrees of movements than say 400.

Hmm the real reason players use low dpi is because games like 1.6 weren't optimized for these high dpi mice. So most of them have been using these low DPI settings so they can get mouse settings to their liking. It really has nothing to do with the feel of high DPI, high DPI just doesn't give them the settings they prefered in older games.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio View Post

Hmm the real reason players use low dpi is because games like 1.6 weren't optimized for these high dpi mice. So most of them have been using these low DPI settings so they can get mouse settings to their liking. It really has nothing to do with the feel of high DPI, high DPI just doesn't give them the settings they prefered in older games.
That really isn't true at all, I originally came from source and play GO professionally and the same concept stayed. I know some of the best COD players in the world that have transitioned aswell and not one of them plays over 1,000 dpi and if they did they lowered it and adjusted their sensitivity accordingly. There's numerous articles out there explaining why high dpi is useless and some times even detrimental to your performance, fatal1ty even wrote 1.

If there was anyway I could describe the feeling of using a higher dpi over a lower dpi it would probably be a "jittery" feel, I faced alot of problems lining up perfect nades using a higher dpi and adjusted sensitivity, this might not seem like a problem to the average joe player but when you're playing competitively and you want to get that smoke out ASAP or on the go and you stuff it up all because your movement feels different, it sucks.
Edited by jr92 - 6/26/13 at 7:01am
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr92 View Post

Have you played top level CS? If the answer is no you should probably stop there. You cannot excuse the retardation of the dpi intervals, 1150? Who on earth wants to change their sensitivity from say 2.5 on 400 dpi to 0.869565217391 on 1150 dpi. The inconvenience of it all is just stupid, especially cross game. You don't need more than 800 dpi for competitive gaming, IT IS USELESS so why give me another 350 dpi when 800 is already sort of tipping the scales. Whether you think there is a difference or not there is to millions of CS/Quake players out there and I am one of them. It isn't just about what "I'm use to" it's about the fact that the movement of my mouse feels better and more snappy. Try flicking from 1 spot to another with a ridiculously high dpi, it feels more smoother (not a good thing) and harder to distinguish your degrees of movements than say 400.

Comes off extremely childish. The narcissism on this one.

Are you that aversive to changing sensitivity to suit another DPI? Again, thinking that 800 DPI is some sort of pre-programmed number and all mice have exactly 400/800 DPI when it isn't.
Your tangent about the efficacy of using higher DPI for tracking suggests you don't know what I was talking about. This was never an argument of saying that higher DPI is better/worse; only that the DPI step is not as ridiculous as you seem to think it is. It is hardly different from 800 DPI.

1150 is perfectly fine. It is accurate. Whatever alleged problem you seem to encounter using pure speculation about the mouse is probably placebo.

Also, guess what respective settings I drew these paint tests on: left is different to right

post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by end0rphine View Post

Comes off extremely childish. The narcissism on this one.

Are you that aversive to changing sensitivity to suit another DPI? Again, thinking that 800 DPI is some sort of pre-programmed number and all mice have exactly 400/800 DPI when it isn't.
Your tangent about the efficacy of using higher DPI for tracking suggests you don't know what I was talking about. This was never an argument of saying that higher DPI is better/worse; only that the DPI step is not as ridiculous as you seem to think it is. It is hardly different from 800 DPI.

1150 is perfectly fine. It is accurate. Whatever alleged problem you seem to encounter using pure speculation about the mouse is probably placebo.

Also, guess what respective settings I drew these paint tests on: left is different to right
Yeah, DPI doesn't mean jack as long as it's big enough for you. Because most worthwile games have sensitivity sliders (okay, there might be a few expections but still). Just use the mouse at its best native DPI and tune in-game settings accordingly. It's not like 800 was somehow "better", cursor speed varies vastly between systems at similar DPI (consider different resolution for starters).
post #25 of 29
I've been playing CS since like 2002 and I don't get the everyone's need to have 1000+ DPI, it's just useless. Yes, you can change the sensitivity in-game, but while in Windows it's just ridiculously fast and jumping into game from there is just weird. I tend to have the same sensitivity in Windows and in CS. Changing it in control panel is an option, but that effects the one in game too, if you play game without raw input option and also it's a hassle on many LAN parties. By the way my sensitivity is cca 35 cm / 360.
post #26 of 29
The commonness of 400-800 DPI stepping involves a lot of factors. 1.) A ton of pro-level players are familiar with 400-450 DPI mice from the arrival of Microsofts optical mice on the scene. This is what they learned on and their configs were refined on over many many years. It's simply a matter of habit and familiarity. If they can match that DPI on any mouse, it's easy for them to set up their configurations on a blank machine at a LAN regardless of mouse in a matter of seconds. 2.) Every mouse, universally, has a DPI very close to 400-450 and it is generally assured to have the least issues (I think there are a few where the second stepping, close to 800, is the natural one, but I don't recall the sensor). Knowing this, any config is easily adjustable to almost any mouse at any sponsored event 3.) A lot of people misconstrue points 1 and 2 when looking at pro configs with 400-800 DPI's and assume it has something to do with tracking, rather than naturalness of their config or ability to easily double/halve their configured inputs when playing with sponsored hardware that IS NOT LIKELY to be the stuff they use everyday. 4.) The compilation of points 1,2,3 over the years have lead to this 'trueism' that low DPI is best and high DPI is for 'noobs'. This isn't helped by vendors chasing super high, interpolated garbage DPI's.

I'm a little confused why people don't care to find a good DPI step on a good mouse and simply change their sensitivity in-game. Is there any competitive game that doesn't offer this granularity that is A THOUSAND TIMES better and less ambiguous than messing around with DPI steps on hardware?
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by test user View Post

Yeah, DPI doesn't mean jack as long as it's big enough for you. Because most worthwile games have sensitivity sliders (okay, there might be a few expections but still). Just use the mouse at its best native DPI and tune in-game settings accordingly. It's not like 800 was somehow "better", cursor speed varies vastly between systems at similar DPI (consider different resolution for starters).

Well DPI does mean "jack", take some mice where higher dpi settings are interpolated or have big jitter problems (there are plenty of them)
Not talking about the FK now.

DPI does matter, since some dpi steps are unstable as balls.

And adjusting ingame sensitivity in quite alot of games messes with 1:1 ratio and you get a horrible experience.

So it's not as easy as you say. If you play old fps only like CS,Quake yeah sure.
But if you play other games no.

Also some people want the same mouse sensitivity for windows + games, me being one of them (again not talking fps but rather moba,rts etc)
post #28 of 29
hello all

i've been lurking on this thread because I just got a zowie FK myself. My ONLY problem is really the dpi steps. Coming from a g400 (and a bunch of other mice) i've always used 800 dpi and that is really the sweet spot in my opinion. I wonder why they put 1150 step instead of lets say 900 (450x2), i cant figure this out, why 1150? it feels like more and its way harder to control than 800/900 dpi -_-', ....



ZOWIE if you are listening to me, make ZOWIE FK v2 with different dpi steps, then it will be the most perfect mouse: 450/900/1800 or 400/800/1600 steps and its already 10x better mouse smile.gif



thanks for listening
post #29 of 29
Comment (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitrae View Post

hello all

i've been lurking on this thread because I just got a zowie FK myself. My ONLY problem is really the dpi steps. Coming from a g400 (and a bunch of other mice) i've always used 800 dpi and that is really the sweet spot in my opinion. I wonder why they put 1150 step instead of lets say 900 (450x2), i cant figure this out, why 1150? it feels like more and its way harder to control than 800/900 dpi -_-', ....

ZOWIE if you are listening to me, make ZOWIE FK v2 with different dpi steps, then it will be the most perfect mouse: 450/900/1800 or 400/800/1600 steps and its already 10x better mouse smile.gif

thanks for listening
They use the old SROM and a magnifying lens. That is why the steps are like that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Zowie fk or Steelseries Sensei