Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX 760 Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] GTX 760 Reviews - Page 40

post #391 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckie7 View Post

Using that same logic, all the AMD crossfire bashing is a result of insecurity over SLI amirite?

Maybe AMD owners just post in these threads to point out the ridiculous circle jerk going on, and to correct some pretty blatantly stupid and wrong posts (like the one you just quoted incidentally).

You don't have to result in "curse words" to make a point.... #JustSaying.... tongue.gif

lachen.gif
ICE Evolution
(30 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5930k MSI X99S SLI KRAIT Edition LGA2011-v3 MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
HyperX 16Gb DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 WD 500GB Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC ... Seagate 500GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RayStorm High Performance Acetal CPU Liqui... Corsair SP 120 (x10) Thermaltake Riing 120 RGB (x6) XSPC Photon 270 Tube Reservoir Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC Terminal DUAL Parallel - Plexi PrimoChill 1/2in Rigid PETG Tubing - 36in - Clear  Rigid Revolver Compression Fitting 3/8" x 1/2" ... Hardwarelabs Sr1 480mm Radiator (x3) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
D5 PWM PUMP (x2) Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Deluxe White... Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top (Acrylic Version) - U... Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer B326HK 32" 4K IPS Corsair k70 RGB EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Cyborg R.A.T 5 Gaming Mouse Xtrac Pad Ripper Mousepad Logitech z623 200w sub woofer Logitech G35 
OtherOther
Logitech c920 1080p Hd webcam Xbox One Special Edition Covert Forces Wireless... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor Lenovo NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB  8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Enhanced Atlas Series120GB SATA III MLC... 1TB 5400RPM (Storage) Blu-ray/DVD-RW Cm X-Slim 
OSMonitorKeyboardAudio
Windows 8 pro 15.6" FHD LED Glare Wedge 1920x1080 Backlit Keyboard JBL speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
ICE Evolution
(30 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 5930k MSI X99S SLI KRAIT Edition LGA2011-v3 MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK MSI GTX 1070 Sea-Hawk EK 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
HyperX 16Gb DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 WD 500GB Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC ... Seagate 500GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RayStorm High Performance Acetal CPU Liqui... Corsair SP 120 (x10) Thermaltake Riing 120 RGB (x6) XSPC Photon 270 Tube Reservoir Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC Terminal DUAL Parallel - Plexi PrimoChill 1/2in Rigid PETG Tubing - 36in - Clear  Rigid Revolver Compression Fitting 3/8" x 1/2" ... Hardwarelabs Sr1 480mm Radiator (x3) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
D5 PWM PUMP (x2) Bitspower D5 / MCP655 Mod Kit V2 - Deluxe White... Bitspower Dual D5 Mod Top (Acrylic Version) - U... Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer B326HK 32" 4K IPS Corsair k70 RGB EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Cyborg R.A.T 5 Gaming Mouse Xtrac Pad Ripper Mousepad Logitech z623 200w sub woofer Logitech G35 
OtherOther
Logitech c920 1080p Hd webcam Xbox One Special Edition Covert Forces Wireless... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor Lenovo NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB  8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Enhanced Atlas Series120GB SATA III MLC... 1TB 5400RPM (Storage) Blu-ray/DVD-RW Cm X-Slim 
OSMonitorKeyboardAudio
Windows 8 pro 15.6" FHD LED Glare Wedge 1920x1080 Backlit Keyboard JBL speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #392 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaches View Post

Was hoping for a GTX 670 rebrand that would spark my inner goyim since my HTPC is screaming for an upgrade....I guess its time to wait for the holiday seasons for surprises to come... smile.gif
dude that's not a HTPC you got..... lachen.gif unless you use it as a HTPC then that's another story.
a 965BE on FX990 and 7850 doesn't equal HTPC, that's a light gamer..
rolleyes.gif
post #393 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by koniu777 View Post

So... They did that on the 7970 run but turned it back on for the 760 run? Yes yes review sites do things like that to hurt amd fanboys. Get your head out of the gutter and post things that make sense.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

so, i am a fanboy 'cause i am trying to protect other members and guests from fudge numbers?
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #394 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by koniu777 View Post

I don't understand why all of you amd peeps are posting in this thread, do you feel threatened by this card? Why would I want to pay extra for a 7950 that has crappy cooling solution, blue pcb, crappy drivers and old tech. If you don't like nVidia products then leave this thread alone, the 760 is a beautiful deal at $250 and you 7950 lovers can't stick with your saggy/blue pcb cheap plastic crap

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

why? 'cause i am a member of ocn like you and i see these graphs like this . . .




that says that they used an i7 oc'ed to 4.7GHz. i happen to have these hardware and i know that run for the 7970 was prolly ran with the i7 with HToff and at stock . . .

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6724416

it's easy to fudge numbers and settings for unsuspecting readers.

???
that graph was not posted. but as i said before, if all the cards are benched on the same system then it an even playing field for all the cards. just because it got a less than expected result when compared to another system is completely irrelevant.

really you pointed out how irrelevant synthetic benchmarks like 3dmark really is, so why care?

what the hell does a 3dmark bench of a 7970 matter in a 760 review thread?!?!?!?
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
post #395 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by koniu777 View Post

So... They did that on the 7970 run but turned it back on for the 760 run? Yes yes review sites do things like that to hurt amd fanboys. Get your head out of the gutter and post things that make sense.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

so, i am a fanboy 'cause i am trying to protect other members and guests from fudge numbers?

Where is your proof that their numbers are fudged?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
post #396 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckie7 View Post

Using that same logic, all the AMD crossfire bashing is a result of insecurity over SLI amirite?

Maybe AMD owners just post in these threads to point out the ridiculous circle jerk going on, and to correct some pretty blatantly stupid and wrong posts (like the one you just quoted incidentally).

To be fair, all the AMD Crossfire bashing is because of a realistic problem that some people do experience (whether or not you or others do is none of my business) that actually forced AMD to do the right thing and get a fix ASAP on it. Not a result of insecurity over SLI which has been proven through raw data to not have the problem.

The circlejerk on AMD Crossfire tends to begin when an AMD user tries to say it doesn't exist. Point is, it may not exist for them. Problem is that it most likely exists for someone else.

And both sides tend to have blatantly un-constructive posts. Your post being included right now.
post #397 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

To be fair, all the AMD Crossfire bashing is because of a realistic problem that some people do experience (whether or not you or others do is none of my business) that actually forced AMD to do the right thing and get a fix ASAP on it. Not a result of insecurity over SLI which has been proven through raw data to not have the problem.

The circlejerk on AMD Crossfire tends to begin when an AMD user tries to say it doesn't exist. Point is, it may not exist for them. Problem is that it most likely exists for someone else.
Yes that's the exact point I was making…

You might have missed the sarcasm part "amirite"

Denying that CF has issues is just as silly as all the fanboys saying the 7950 is obsolete, or something along those lines.
post #398 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by koniu777 View Post

Where is your proof that their numbers are fudged?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

you prolly can't see the graph 'cause you're using a phone. here is what a stock 7970 should score in 3DM11 with the i7 SB at 4.5 (their's at 4.7GHz) . . .

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6528670

higher than their 7970 GHz ed.

have fun guys!
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #399 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by koniu777 View Post

I don't understand why all of you amd peeps are posting in this thread, do you feel threatened by this card? Why would I want to pay extra for a 7950 that has crappy cooling solution, blue pcb, crappy drivers and old tech. If you don't like nVidia products then leave this thread alone, the 760 is a beautiful deal at $250 and you 7950 lovers can't stick with your saggy/blue pcb cheap plastic crap

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

why? 'cause i am a member of ocn like you and i see these graphs like this . . .




that says that they used an i7 oc'ed to 4.7GHz. i happen to have these hardware and i know that run for the 7970 was prolly ran with the i7 with HToff and at stock . . .

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6724416

it's easy to fudge numbers and settings for unsuspecting readers.

???
that graph was not posted. but as i said before, if all the cards are benched on the same system then it an even playing field for all the cards. just because it got a less than expected result when compared to another system is completely irrelevant.

really you pointed out how irrelevant synthetic benchmarks like 3dmark really is, so why care?

what the hell does a 3dmark bench of a 7970 matter in a 760 review thread?!?!?!?

No kidding lol, my oc'ed 680 lightning gets 12k in performance score compared to their 9.5k. Noone sees me crying that their score is too low. They probably run everything at stock to have a good comparison base.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
post #400 of 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhell View Post

Nice price. But nvidia line up is weird.

650
400
250
That 650 at the top only exists because AMD has no answer to that performance mad.gif

If they did it would've been something like
500-550
400
250
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX 760 Reviews