Please read and understand these guidelines before posting in the Freebies forum. These rules supersede all previously posted rules and are part of the Terms of Service of Overclock.net.
1. To post a new thread in the Freebies Forums you must have at least 10 reps, 20 days on the site, and 20 posts.
Legacy members with 1 year or more and 100 posts are allowed access.
These limits are lower than what is required for the For Sale / Wanted section in order to encourage members to be generous with their excess gear. The minimal standards are in place, however, to keep someone from signing up just to unload their junk on our forum.
2. This forum is solely for members who are giving away computer or other tech related items. Deals external to the site that conform to the Marketplace rules should be posted in the Online Deals forum. All members creating a freebie thread must have the item in hand before giving it away, this applies to physical and non physical items such as game codes/keys. Freebie winners MUST be announced in the freebie thread.
3. If the poster is intending on charging shipping for the free items, the shipping charges should be clearly stated in the first post of the thread. While freebie items must, by nature, be free, it is acceptable to ask the recipient to cover the shipping expenses.
4. Please start all thread titles with "Freebie: " or "Freebies: ". Please be as descriptive as possible in the thread titles. Threads that do not follow this naming convention will be deleted.
5. Wait a minimum of 24 hours between bumps. Excessive bumping will result in a thread being closed.
6. Please edit your thread title when the item(s) have been successfully given away by using the Edit Thread button at the top of the thread and report the first post to have the thread locked
7. If you observe posts that do not follow these rules, report the post by clicking on the button. Appropriate action will be taken by one of the moderators. Please do not post negative comments or quote rules in the threads as that only takes the threads further off topic. Any complaint threads will be deleted, and the creator of the thread will be warned.
8. Due to the free nature of this forum, it is not appropriate to leave trader feedback for either party. It is also not appropriate to give rep points for posts in this forum as posting freebies is not listed in the Reputation Defined thread.
9. Deals are made solely between members and are not the responsibility of Overclock.net even if they result in no payment, not receiving items, or any other negative outcome.
10. Demonoid type or torrent site invites are not allowed.
11. LockerZ and simular self promotional sites are not allowed.
12. "List Format" is NOT allowed and the OP can NOT request it.
Use the Thread Post Count to determind who replied by simply clicking on it.
NO other replies are allowed in the thread and will result in that members disqualification!
13. Software: The Marketplace rules apply here. (Including any relative For Sale or Wanted Rules also apply to the Freebies.)
14. Creating a thread that promotes any form of trolling or SPAMMING is NOT allowed.
If you have any questions concerning these rules, please PM any listed marketplace moderator or senior moderator