Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club +Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club +Gallery - Page 1127

post #11261 of 12512
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

Well since you have the H100i on top, that leaves the back (possibly) and the front. Looking at your pics, I'd put the radiator for the top Titan X on the rear (exhaust), and the radiator for the bottom Titan X in the front as an intake.
Thanks! Do you think I have room for push pull on both hybrid rads in the positions you mentioned? Would it be worth it?
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4.1Ghz GA-AX370-Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4.1Ghz GA-AX370-Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11262 of 12512
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

Thanks! Do you think I have room for push pull on both hybrid rads in the positions you mentioned? Would it be worth it?

It looks like you'd have room for push/pull on a radiator installed on the rear, and I'd go for it. As for a front mounted rad, it depends on how big the Titan X Hybrid is. I'm thinking it will be a no-go for the front.
The Wish Granter
(27 items)
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.7 GHz ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero X370 Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 2933 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard bi... Wooting One Analog Mechanical Keyboard (Flarete... Antec HCP Platinum 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Logitech G Pro Cooler Master Storm Speed-RX Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Yamaha RX-V579BL Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C Fluance AVBP2 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Yamaha YST-SW012 8-inch subwoofer Blue Yeti Microphone w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 Power Conditioner Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keypad (Cherry MX Blue) NZXT Hue+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
The Wish Granter
(27 items)
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.7 GHz ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero X370 Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 2933 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard bi... Wooting One Analog Mechanical Keyboard (Flarete... Antec HCP Platinum 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Logitech G Pro Cooler Master Storm Speed-RX Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Yamaha RX-V579BL Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C Fluance AVBP2 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Yamaha YST-SW012 8-inch subwoofer Blue Yeti Microphone w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 Power Conditioner Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keypad (Cherry MX Blue) NZXT Hue+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11263 of 12512
Hey boys. At a crossroads here.

A *little* back story....

Had a buddy over while I was working on my Air 540, the windowed side panel on a chair and yep, you guessed it... he sat on it and the panel was destroyed. Fast forward, Corsair was nice enough to send me a new panel for free.

However it was packed very poorly and sent to me via UPS from the US to Canada, once again I'm sure you can tell where this is going... side panel arrived completely mangled. Now I'm sitting here with 2 side panels and the rep at Corsair will no longer answer me. No response for weeks.

I was REALLY hoping the rep I just saw here at OCN would help clear this up for me. I mean to step up like that and send me a new panel for free was great. Then only to pack it with no protection but a sheet of bubble wrap... the panel arrived in worse shape than my original broken one. This was of course, extremely disheartening....

I don't want to trash my Air 540 but I'm not using it without a side panel, no way a nice fully watercooled X99, GTX 980 system should exist without a side panel.

On top of that if you can bear with me.... I have a 150ml D5 Upgrade top/res combo, blood red (pump and res) that I absolutely will not mount out of sight. Not looking for that "clean" look an Air 540 can give.

I'm thinking I chose the wrong case from the beginning this time. How in the heck am I going to be able to mount my pump/res in the left side of the case on the bottom? It can be mounted horizontally however I am not interested in that at all. 100% has to be vertical for more than one reason. Filling the loop is one...

Not even going to attempt to do a fill horizontally, as well the various fittings I ordered probably will not allow a horizontal mount.

Any, literally any ideas or answers would be helpful at this point.

Thanks all!
Edited by nexxusty - 10/23/15 at 1:49pm
post #11264 of 12512
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post

Hey boys. At a crossroads here.

*snip*

On top of that if you can bear with me.... I have a 150ml D5 Upgrade top/res combo, blood red (pump and res) that I absolutely will not mount out of sight. Not looking for that "clean" look an Air 540 can give.

I'm thinking I chose the wrong case from the beginning this time. How in the heck am I going to be able to mount my pump/res in the left side of the case on the bottom? It can be mounted horizontally however I am not interested in that at all. 100% has to be vertical for more than one reason. Filling the loop is one...

Not even going to attempt to do a fill horizontally, as well the various fittings I ordered probably will not allow a horizontal mount.

Any, literally any ideas or answers would be helpful at this point.

Thanks all!

I mounted a 250 Res+DDC combo on the left vertically, so you can do it as long as your videocard gives enough clearance between it and the window. Pic for reference:

post #11265 of 12512
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7akata View Post

I mounted a 250 Res+DDC combo on the left vertically, so you can do it as long as your videocard gives enough clearance between it and the window. Pic for reference:


Thank you for the reply and especially the picture for reference, however there is no fan at the back of your build because of this now. Not really a route I'd take to be honest.

Unless someone comes up with a way to mount it to the bottom of the case and near the front I guess I'm going to have to get rid of this case.

I have to say... the Air 540 is not very water cooling friendly. Poorly designed IMO. Seriously, who uses an ODD in a gaming system anymore? Plus, the bottom of the left side of the case... 3.5" HDD mounts? Please. I haven't put a HDD in a gaming rig for over 5 years now. That's what my Proxmox server is for (well, that and VM's).

Speaking of which man, your system looks really nice but that HDD there.... IMO really takes away from what the system could be. Even an NAS with a gigabit connection would serve media to many devices in your house. I don't know your situation so I won't comment any further however if it is just as simple as needing media storage I'd seriously consider putting that HDD in something else.

Anyway, I appreciate the reply a lot man. Thanks again.

*Edit*

Quick question for your sir... the rad at the front of your Air 540, it's not passively cooled is it? Or is the rad mounted inside the case and the fans on the outside? I was under the impression the front panel wouldn't fit if the fans were installed in this manner.

Seems as if I am incorrect yes?
Edited by nexxusty - 10/23/15 at 2:38pm
post #11266 of 12512
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post

Thank you for the reply and especially the picture for reference, however there is no fan at the back of your build because of this now. Not really a route I'd take to be honest.

Unless someone comes up with a way to mount it to the bottom of the case and near the front I guess I'm going to have to get rid of this case.

I have to say... the Air 540 is not very water cooling friendly. Poorly designed IMO. Seriously, who uses an ODD in a gaming system anymore? Plus, the bottom of the left side of the case... 3.5" HDD mounts? Please. I haven't put a HDD in a gaming rig for over 5 years now. That's what my Proxmox server is for (well, that and VM's).

Speaking of which man, your system looks really nice but that HDD there.... IMO really takes away from what the system could be. Even an NAS with a gigabit connection would serve media to many devices in your house. I don't know your situation so I won't comment any further however if it is just as simple as needing media storage I'd seriously consider putting that HDD in something else.

Anyway, I appreciate the reply a lot man. Thanks again.

*Edit*

Quick question for your sir... the rad at the front of your Air 540, it's not passively cooled is it? Or is the rad mounted inside the case and the fans on the outside? I was under the impression the front panel wouldn't fit if the fans were installed in this manner.

Seems as if I am incorrect yes?

I'm curious why you wouldn't be able to forgo the fan in the back? The front rad is a 360 pulling air in; The fans are able to be mounted underneath the front grill but outside the main chamber. I agree 100% about the hard drive placement, but this build is a 'leftover parts' build that was thrown together, and sits in a cabinet only used for movies and to play steam games on the tv occasionally smile.gif No one sees how it looks haha.

Alternatively you could cut the bottom HD cages out and flat plate the bottom, or use a union mount and mount the res/pump combo to the front radiator. ColdZero also makes a plate to lay on top of the hard drive cages to create a false bottom, you might be able to work with that also.
post #11267 of 12512
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post

Hey boys. At a crossroads here.

A *little* back story....

Had a buddy over while I was working on my Air 540, the windowed side panel on a chair and yep, you guessed it... he sat on it and the panel was destroyed. Fast forward, Corsair was nice enough to send me a new panel for free.

However it was packed very poorly and sent to me via UPS from the US to Canada, once again I'm sure you can tell where this is going... side panel arrived completely mangled. Now I'm sitting here with 2 side panels and the rep at Corsair will no longer answer me. No response for weeks.

I was REALLY hoping the rep I just saw here at OCN would help clear this up for me. I mean to step up like that and send me a new panel for free was great. Then only to pack it with no protection but a sheet of bubble wrap... the panel arrived in worse shape than my original broken one. This was of course, extremely disheartening....

I don't want to trash my Air 540 but I'm not using it without a side panel, no way a nice fully watercooled X99, GTX 980 system should exist without a side panel.

On top of that if you can bear with me.... I have a 150ml D5 Upgrade top/res combo, blood red (pump and res) that I absolutely will not mount out of sight. Not looking for that "clean" look an Air 540 can give.

I'm thinking I chose the wrong case from the beginning this time. How in the heck am I going to be able to mount my pump/res in the left side of the case on the bottom? It can be mounted horizontally however I am not interested in that at all. 100% has to be vertical for more than one reason. Filling the loop is one...

Not even going to attempt to do a fill horizontally, as well the various fittings I ordered probably will not allow a horizontal mount.

Any, literally any ideas or answers would be helpful at this point.

Thanks all!
Ask for another side panel or buy one for $15. No point in trashing a $100 case....
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4.1Ghz GA-AX370-Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4.1Ghz GA-AX370-Gaming K7 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11268 of 12512
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7akata View Post

I'm curious why you wouldn't be able to forgo the fan in the back? The front rad is a 360 pulling air in; The fans are able to be mounted underneath the front grill but outside the main chamber. I agree 100% about the hard drive placement, but this build is a 'leftover parts' build that was thrown together, and sits in a cabinet only used for movies and to play steam games on the tv occasionally smile.gif No one sees how it looks haha.

Alternatively you could cut the bottom HD cages out and flat plate the bottom, or use a union mount and mount the res/pump combo to the front radiator. ColdZero also makes a plate to lay on top of the hard drive cages to create a false bottom, you might be able to work with that also.

Hehe I figured that HDD was there because it had to be. :-)

I was thinking a mounting plate myself, I think that's the best route. Just a flat thin black piece of metal will do, I'll drill my own holes and mount it to the case with the pump already mounted.

Finished my last order from Dazmode today. Last until I swap out the CPU cooling AIO. Granted it's a great AIO. It's an H110i, bested only by the EK Predator but still.... it's an AIO and I have another D5 sitting here waiting to be modded and thrown into its own loop.

Thanks for the reply bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

Ask for another side panel or buy one for $15. No point in trashing a $100 case....

Unfortunately, the whole reason why I didn't just order one in the first place is because Corsair doesn't seem to think Canadian customers should be upset about having to pay $150 shipped for a windowed side panel.

They don't stock the Canadian store, only choice is the US store and by the time you factor in shipping/tax & border fees it's $154 Canadian dollars. I'm not even kidding.

I explained to the Corsair rep that the amount put down for the worth of the item ($100) wouldn't cover a new panel from them even if I did get the insurance money from UPS. I'm pretty sure at this point he thinks I'm lying to him. I don't know, I can't think of any other reason why he wouldn't respond to me.

If I was a rep and I did something nice for a customer and it was damaged by the company I used to ship it with I'd be really pissed with that company and chew them out.

I wish there was something that could be done. I'm not paying $150 for a side panel.... sux.
post #11269 of 12512
Just make the friend who broke your first panel pay for it! biggrin.gif Just kidding wink.gif
Can't you find it from third part vendors? Here in Italy, Corsair doesn't have Corsair 540 windows panel on their online store (I think they don't even have an online store), but it can be ordered from other stores for about 15 euros + shipping (Amazon sells it for 30 € and free shipping).
post #11270 of 12512
Any1 here that has succeeded in installing good lighting in this case? i bought some LED stripes and placed them on sides of window facing into the case, they reflect in the windows and it looks really cheap and ****ty. Would be nice to see some pics of you guys lighting setup!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club +Gallery