Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club +Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club +Gallery - Page 303

post #3021 of 12526
from what i have heard cougar fans are fantastic and they look awesome too
post #3022 of 12526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujeto 1 View Post

Yo guys, i think im goin to replace the Stock Fan Coolers of the Case, they seems to not been pushing so much at 100% speed. Could you advice me some good High pushing airflow compatible with the 140mm mounting of Corsair AIR 540?

If you want to increase air flow I would consider using 3 120mm fans in the front panel to replace the stock 140mm fans.

Here's a link to a review Tom's Hardware did last year. I couldn't find one for this year unfortunately.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/331629-28-cooling-roundup-2012

There is a TON of information here to help you decide what is best for your build. The most important thing to remember when choosing a fan is to understand that the manufactures don't all agree on the proper methods of measuring the CFM, dBa and Static Pressure ratings. This makes if very hard to compare two fans going by only the specs provided by the manufacturers, so it's important to try and find reviews that establish a method of measuring and comparing the performance of all of the fans you are considering in the same way. The link above is one of the best lists I've found for this. I've seen similar reviews over on BitTech's website as well though.

Once you've identified a couple of fans that you like aesthetically, I would come back here and ask for some more opinions and feedback on the ones you think are best. This will ensure you get a fan that you will be happy with when you look in your case.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6600K 6M Skylake Quad-Core 3.5 GH... ASUS Z170-PRO LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb... ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAM... G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertica... WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Driv... Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Performan... Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS ROG PG278Q Black 27" WQHD 2560 x 1440, 144... Corsair K70 EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 Thermaltake Core X5 
Mouse
Logitech Proteus Core G502 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6600K 6M Skylake Quad-Core 3.5 GH... ASUS Z170-PRO LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb... ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAM... G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertica... WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Driv... Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Performan... Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS ROG PG278Q Black 27" WQHD 2560 x 1440, 144... Corsair K70 EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 Thermaltake Core X5 
Mouse
Logitech Proteus Core G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3023 of 12526

How can I add a 3rd HDD guys? Any easy tips?

post #3024 of 12526
post #3025 of 12526
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaciremaDiputs View Post

If you want to increase air flow I would consider using 3 120mm fans in the front panel to replace the stock 140mm fans.

Here's a link to a review Tom's Hardware did last year. I couldn't find one for this year unfortunately.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/331629-28-cooling-roundup-2012

There is a TON of information here to help you decide what is best for your build. The most important thing to remember when choosing a fan is to understand that the manufactures don't all agree on the proper methods of measuring the CFM, dBa and Static Pressure ratings. This makes if very hard to compare two fans going by only the specs provided by the manufacturers, so it's important to try and find reviews that establish a method of measuring and comparing the performance of all of the fans you are considering in the same way. The link above is one of the best lists I've found for this. I've seen similar reviews over on BitTech's website as well though.

Once you've identified a couple of fans that you like aesthetically, I would come back here and ask for some more opinions and feedback on the ones you think are best. This will ensure you get a fan that you will be happy with when you look in your case.

But Martin's Liquid lab testing is so much better...

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2013/05/07/fan-testing-round-12/
post #3026 of 12526
Anyone currently running a Corsair H110 P/P in this case?

After I switched out from an R4 to this case last week, I had re-installed an H100 P/P....and recently went back to an old Prolimatech Megahalems (looks awesome....nearly same performance).

But it looks like there would be room for an H110 P/P...wanted to ask first before pulling the trigger so-to-speak. rolleyes.gif
[Coffee Lake]
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 8700k 5GHz ASUS STRIX Z370-E GTX 1080 Ti SC2 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
480GB HyperX SSD Corsair H115i Windows 10 34" LG Curved Ultrawide 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Apex M750 CM SP Gold 1000W NZXT Source Elite Steelseries Rival 310 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries QcK Prism  Steelseries H800 Logitech Z533 
  hide details  
Reply
[Coffee Lake]
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 8700k 5GHz ASUS STRIX Z370-E GTX 1080 Ti SC2 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
480GB HyperX SSD Corsair H115i Windows 10 34" LG Curved Ultrawide 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Apex M750 CM SP Gold 1000W NZXT Source Elite Steelseries Rival 310 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries QcK Prism  Steelseries H800 Logitech Z533 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3027 of 12526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

For what spot? I'd suggest running 3 120mm fans in the front and if you're going to stick with air cooling then get 3 140mm for the other spots. The Noctua A14 PWM fans have served me well on my Corsair H110, but I'm sure DaveLT has better suggestions as to what 140MM fans to use.
It's hard to say what sort because ALL 140mm fans are usually low static pressure. If one can't withstand the awful color scheme of a Noctua, get a Deepcool UF140-X/SF140

But if it's a front panel fan? Skip the 140mm and grab 3x120mm fans. Of course being me, I won't recommend fans straight off the bat.
Ayase Eli
(20 items)
 
Testbench
(10 items)
 
MC Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock X370 SLI Killer Zotac GTX1070 "FE" with ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Crucial BallistiX Sport LP 16GB 8x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm ID Cooling Frostflow 240L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Phanteks F140MP x2 CoolerMaster Silencio FP120 x2 Phanteks F140SP 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Delta AFB1212SH x2 Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH FSP Aurum PT 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G102 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro AKG K7XX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Depends Depends 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Plextor M5S Depends Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i 
PowerMouse
FSP Aurum PT 1200 CM Storm Mizar 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600 4GHz Gigabyte Z77X D3H Intel HD Graphics 2000 obviously Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 530 240GB Deepcool Captain 240 Arctic Cooling Bionix 140 Delta AFB1212L 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro CoolerMaster G750M NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Ayase Eli
(20 items)
 
Testbench
(10 items)
 
MC Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock X370 SLI Killer Zotac GTX1070 "FE" with ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Crucial BallistiX Sport LP 16GB 8x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm ID Cooling Frostflow 240L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Phanteks F140MP x2 CoolerMaster Silencio FP120 x2 Phanteks F140SP 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Delta AFB1212SH x2 Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH FSP Aurum PT 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G102 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro AKG K7XX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Depends Depends 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Plextor M5S Depends Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i 
PowerMouse
FSP Aurum PT 1200 CM Storm Mizar 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600 4GHz Gigabyte Z77X D3H Intel HD Graphics 2000 obviously Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 530 240GB Deepcool Captain 240 Arctic Cooling Bionix 140 Delta AFB1212L 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro CoolerMaster G750M NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3028 of 12526
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLT View Post

It's hard to say what sort because ALL 140mm fans are usually low static pressure. If one can't withstand the awful color scheme of a Noctua, get a Deepcool UF140-X/SF140

But if it's a front panel fan? Skip the 140mm and grab 3x120mm fans. Of course being me, I won't recommend fans straight off the bat.

Hey now! They're coming out with black ones next year that actually look pretty nice. However, I'm going to stick to my AP-15s. biggrin.gif Maybe next build I'll go with some Detla's. And if I can find somewhere to hide my PC to where I don't have to hear it.. Maybe I'll get the finger loppers!
post #3029 of 12526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

Hey now! They're coming out with black ones next year that actually look pretty nice. However, I'm going to stick to my AP-15s. biggrin.gif Maybe next build I'll go with some Detla's. And if I can find somewhere to hide my PC to where I don't have to hear it.. Maybe I'll get the finger loppers!
Black and brown ... nope. Actually IMO they just look like plain fans. Everything looks basic about them, something a AFB does is look really intimidating if you saw the sharpness and the curve of the blades

On the left.

TBH, you really are stuck on thinking all Deltas are loud. Some of my deltas are whisper-quiet normally but even on full they aren't too loud. As loud as a AF120 PE yeah but it's still far better than that (especially AFB series)
Ayase Eli
(20 items)
 
Testbench
(10 items)
 
MC Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock X370 SLI Killer Zotac GTX1070 "FE" with ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Crucial BallistiX Sport LP 16GB 8x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm ID Cooling Frostflow 240L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Phanteks F140MP x2 CoolerMaster Silencio FP120 x2 Phanteks F140SP 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Delta AFB1212SH x2 Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH FSP Aurum PT 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G102 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro AKG K7XX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Depends Depends 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Plextor M5S Depends Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i 
PowerMouse
FSP Aurum PT 1200 CM Storm Mizar 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600 4GHz Gigabyte Z77X D3H Intel HD Graphics 2000 obviously Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 530 240GB Deepcool Captain 240 Arctic Cooling Bionix 140 Delta AFB1212L 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro CoolerMaster G750M NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
Ayase Eli
(20 items)
 
Testbench
(10 items)
 
MC Server
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock X370 SLI Killer Zotac GTX1070 "FE" with ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Crucial BallistiX Sport LP 16GB 8x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm ID Cooling Frostflow 240L 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ID Cooling Frostflow 240G Phanteks F140MP x2 CoolerMaster Silencio FP120 x2 Phanteks F140SP 
CoolingMonitorKeyboardPower
Delta AFB1212SH x2 Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH FSP Aurum PT 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G102 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro AKG K7XX 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 Depends Depends 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Plextor M5S Depends Dell U2312HM CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i 
PowerMouse
FSP Aurum PT 1200 CM Storm Mizar 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600 4GHz Gigabyte Z77X D3H Intel HD Graphics 2000 obviously Kingston HyperX Genesis 4X4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 530 240GB Deepcool Captain 240 Arctic Cooling Bionix 140 Delta AFB1212L 
OSPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro CoolerMaster G750M NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3030 of 12526
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLT View Post

Black and brown ... nope. Actually IMO they just look like plain fans. Everything looks basic about them, something a AFB does is look really intimidating if you saw the sharpness and the curve of the blades

On the left.

TBH, you really are stuck on thinking all Deltas are loud. Some of my deltas are whisper-quiet normally but even on full they aren't too loud. As loud as a AF120 PE yeah but it's still far better than that (especially AFB series)

I know Delta makes a wide range of fans for ever application. However, most people know them by their finger loppers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club +Gallery