Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club +Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club +Gallery - Page 369

post #3681 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoxtxt View Post

Is it possible to mount on the top an Alphacool UT60 (or a Phobya G-Changer V2) in a push configuration ?, according to this picture it'll be a tight fit with the fans installed, i'm afraid it'll collide with the VRM heatsinks of my Rampage IV GENE.


Going to be very tight and no worth the hassle IMO.
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3682 of 12452
Okay guys, thinking of switching g to this case from my Cooler Master HAF XB after Christmas, what can this case offer me over what my current case can now?

System specs are:
AMD Phenom II X4 965
ASUS M5A97
Gigabyte Radeon HD7950
Corsair H100
Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Seasonic M12II 520 Watts
2x 3.5 HDD
1x 2.5 HDD


Edited by wthenshaw - 12/6/13 at 8:26am
AMD Money Pit
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
AMD Athlon X2 5000+  Asrock N61P-S Samsung 512MB DDR2 Samsung 512MB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Seagate 80GB SATA Cooler Master Phenom II Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell Slim 160 Watt 
Case
XBOX Original Casing 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Money Pit
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
AMD Athlon X2 5000+  Asrock N61P-S Samsung 512MB DDR2 Samsung 512MB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Seagate 80GB SATA Cooler Master Phenom II Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell Slim 160 Watt 
Case
XBOX Original Casing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3683 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthenshaw View Post

Okay guys, thinking of switching g to this case from my Cooler Master HAF XB after Christmas, what can this case offer me over what my current case can now?

System specs are:
AMD Phenom II X4 965
ASUS M5A97
Gigabyte Radeon HD7950
Corsair H100
Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Seasonic M12II 520 Watts
2x 3.5 HDD
1x 2.5 HDD


When I was thinking about upgrading my last case, it came down to the HAF XB and the Corsair Air 540 for me. I was quite interested in a cube design, but the Corsair came out on top for a few reasons:

- Better compatibility for water cooling (should I expand beyond my H220)
- A 240mm radiator can be installed as exhaust while keeping positive air pressure in the case
- Seemed to be easier to fit push/pull 240 radiator
- More cooling options
- More room for E-ATX motherboards
- More room for extra long GPUs (this could be an issue with 240 radiators installed up front on the HAF XB)
- 1 extra PCI slot
- Just general aesthetics (granted this is purely subjective).

One thing I will mention is I much prefer the 3.5 HDD hot-swap bays on the HAF XB. The Corsair HDD mount design works OK, but it leaves some pretty big openings on the bottom of the case that are unattractive if you don't have a HDD to install in the slot.

Anyway that said, if you already have the HAF XB, I'd have a hard time justifying the upgrade unless you were able to get most of your cash back selling the HAF XB. They're actually very similar cases (just one of them is turned sideways tongue.gif )...the key difference IMO comes down to cooling options and if you want to have more flexibility for water cooling parts. This doesn't appear to be an issue for your though since everything seems to fit OK.
Edited by francisw19 - 12/6/13 at 8:56am
KamIX
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K Asus Maximus IX Hero Asus Strix GTX1080 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-2666 CL15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Plextor M8Pe 512GB (NVMe w/ Heatsink) Samsung 850 Evo 500GB Western Digital Black 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2515H (1440p, 60Hz IPS) Vortex Pok3r (MX Blue, Double-Shot PBT Keycaps) EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster MasterCase 5 Pro w/ 4x Noctua NF-A14 Logitech G900 Zowie G-SR FiiO E10K 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD598 SE (Black) Mackie CR3 Blue Microphones Snowball iCE (Black) Steam Controller 
OtherOther
CM Storm Skorpion Microsoft LifeCam Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
KamIX
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K Asus Maximus IX Hero Asus Strix GTX1080 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-2666 CL15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Plextor M8Pe 512GB (NVMe w/ Heatsink) Samsung 850 Evo 500GB Western Digital Black 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2515H (1440p, 60Hz IPS) Vortex Pok3r (MX Blue, Double-Shot PBT Keycaps) EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster MasterCase 5 Pro w/ 4x Noctua NF-A14 Logitech G900 Zowie G-SR FiiO E10K 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD598 SE (Black) Mackie CR3 Blue Microphones Snowball iCE (Black) Steam Controller 
OtherOther
CM Storm Skorpion Microsoft LifeCam Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3684 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisw19 View Post

When I was thinking about upgrading my last case, it came down to the HAF XB and the Corsair Air 540 for me. I was quite interested in a cube design, but the Corsair came out on top for a few reasons:

- Better compatibility for water cooling (should I expand beyond my H220)
- A 240mm radiator can be installed as exhaust while keeping positive air pressure in the case
- Seemed to be easier to fit push/pull 240 radiator
- More cooling options
- More room for E-ATX motherboards
- More room for extra long GPUs (this could be an issue with 240 radiators installed up front on the HAF XB)
- 1 extra PCI slot
- Just general aesthetics (granted this is purely subjective).

One thing I will mention is I much prefer the 3.5 HDD hot-swap bays on the HAF XB. The Corsair HDD mount design works OK, but it leaves some pretty big openings on the bottom of the case that are unattractive if you don't have a HDD to install in the slot.

Anyway that said, if you already have the HAF XB, I'd have a hard time justifying the upgrade unless you were able to get most of your cash back selling the HAF XB. They're actually very similar cases (just one of them is turned sideways tongue.gif )...the key difference IMO comes down to cooling options and if you want to have more flexibility for water cooling parts. This doesn't appear to be an issue for your though since everything seems to fit OK.

My friend said he would buy my XB off me if I get a new case for £65, I paid £85 for this new so that kind of takes the edge off the higher pricing of the 540. Really like the aesthetics of the 540 and the the extra 120's up front.

I'll see what deal I may find after Christmas when my bank balance is a bit more substantial.
AMD Money Pit
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
AMD Athlon X2 5000+  Asrock N61P-S Samsung 512MB DDR2 Samsung 512MB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Seagate 80GB SATA Cooler Master Phenom II Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell Slim 160 Watt 
Case
XBOX Original Casing 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Money Pit
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardRAMRAM
AMD Athlon X2 5000+  Asrock N61P-S Samsung 512MB DDR2 Samsung 512MB DDR2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Seagate 80GB SATA Cooler Master Phenom II Stock Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell Slim 160 Watt 
Case
XBOX Original Casing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3685 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by wthenshaw View Post

My friend said he would buy my XB off me if I get a new case for £65, I paid £85 for this new so that kind of takes the edge off the higher pricing of the 540. Really like the aesthetics of the 540 and the the extra 120's up front.

I'll see what deal I may find after Christmas when my bank balance is a bit more substantial.

thinking.gif That's not too bad, really, if you're just out £20. thumb.gif
KamIX
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K Asus Maximus IX Hero Asus Strix GTX1080 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-2666 CL15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Plextor M8Pe 512GB (NVMe w/ Heatsink) Samsung 850 Evo 500GB Western Digital Black 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2515H (1440p, 60Hz IPS) Vortex Pok3r (MX Blue, Double-Shot PBT Keycaps) EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster MasterCase 5 Pro w/ 4x Noctua NF-A14 Logitech G900 Zowie G-SR FiiO E10K 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD598 SE (Black) Mackie CR3 Blue Microphones Snowball iCE (Black) Steam Controller 
OtherOther
CM Storm Skorpion Microsoft LifeCam Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
KamIX
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700K Asus Maximus IX Hero Asus Strix GTX1080 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-2666 CL15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Plextor M8Pe 512GB (NVMe w/ Heatsink) Samsung 850 Evo 500GB Western Digital Black 4TB Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64-bit Dell UltraSharp U2515H (1440p, 60Hz IPS) Vortex Pok3r (MX Blue, Double-Shot PBT Keycaps) EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster MasterCase 5 Pro w/ 4x Noctua NF-A14 Logitech G900 Zowie G-SR FiiO E10K 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD598 SE (Black) Mackie CR3 Blue Microphones Snowball iCE (Black) Steam Controller 
OtherOther
CM Storm Skorpion Microsoft LifeCam Studio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3686 of 12452
my R2D2 cube,









Edited by ArgunE - 12/7/13 at 3:17pm
post #3687 of 12452
Hey Guys,

I was going for a blue theme in my build, but unfortunately I have 4 RAM sticks that all have red heatspreaders (Kingston HyperX Blu (Red) and G Skill Ripjaws). I've been reading how to remove those heat spreaders, but my fear of damaging them, along with the high price of RAM rightnow, makes me want to explore other options.

I saw this RAM fan, and just wondering if anyone has this. I wonder if it will block some of the air from the front fans of the case, which will somewhat reduce the benefit of having such an open air environment, which is the big benefit of this case. I could just change my cold cathodes from white to blue, but I kinda liked the clean look of the white lights.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Cooling-HyperX-Memory-KHX-FAN/dp/B002DUKPN2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386353601&sr=8-1&keywords=kingston+hyperx+fan


I also don't know how well this will fit considering my Hyper 212+ fan is slightly touching my RAM.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H XFX Double D R9 280X G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 2133MHz 16GB (2X8GB) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1866MHz 16GB (2X8GB) Samsung 840 EVO SSD 240GB SATAIII Samsung 830 Series SSD 128GB SATAIII  Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 300 Seagate Backup Plus 3TB USB 3.0 External HD Iomega eGo 2TB External HD Western Digital MyBook 1TB HD 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive EK-Kit L240 EK Thermosphere Universal VGA Block Mac OS XYosemite 10.10 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64-bit Apple Cinema Display 27" Apple Cinema Display 27" Ducky Shine 3 - Cherry MX Brown Switches, White... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic G Series 650W Semi-Modular Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Black) Magic Mouse SteelSeries Dota2 Pad 
AudioOtherOther
Bose Companion 3 Series II Ducky Zero DK2108S - Brown Switches E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570K Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H XFX Double D R9 280X G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 2133MHz 16GB (2X8GB) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1866MHz 16GB (2X8GB) Samsung 840 EVO SSD 240GB SATAIII Samsung 830 Series SSD 128GB SATAIII  Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 300 Seagate Backup Plus 3TB USB 3.0 External HD Iomega eGo 2TB External HD Western Digital MyBook 1TB HD 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive EK-Kit L240 EK Thermosphere Universal VGA Block Mac OS XYosemite 10.10 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64-bit Apple Cinema Display 27" Apple Cinema Display 27" Ducky Shine 3 - Cherry MX Brown Switches, White... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic G Series 650W Semi-Modular Corsair Carbide Air 540 (Black) Magic Mouse SteelSeries Dota2 Pad 
AudioOtherOther
Bose Companion 3 Series II Ducky Zero DK2108S - Brown Switches E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3688 of 12452
Quote:
Originally Posted by killacam7478 View Post

Hey Guys,

I was going for a blue theme in my build, but unfortunately I have 4 RAM sticks that all have red heatspreaders (Kingston HyperX Blu (Red) and G Skill Ripjaws). I've been reading how to remove those heat spreaders, but my fear of damaging them, along with the high price of RAM rightnow, makes me want to explore other options.

I saw this RAM fan, and just wondering if anyone has this. I wonder if it will block some of the air from the front fans of the case, which will somewhat reduce the benefit of having such an open air environment, which is the big benefit of this case. I could just change my cold cathodes from white to blue, but I kinda liked the clean look of the white lights.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Cooling-HyperX-Memory-KHX-FAN/dp/B002DUKPN2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386353601&sr=8-1&keywords=kingston+hyperx+fan


I also don't know how well this will fit considering my Hyper 212+ fan is slightly touching my RAM.

Those fans are worthless and flimsy at best save the money and put it towards something else that helps your pc.
post #3689 of 12452
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFFY View Post

Those fans are worthless and flimsy at best save the money and put it towards something else that helps your pc.

Not to mention that adequate case cooling will easily cool ram.
post #3690 of 12452
He doesn't want it to cool, he wants it to hide the red on his memory.

Might as well cover it with a piece of acrylic or something.
Cares
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K MSI Z77A-GD65 MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III Samsung Green 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Kingston Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Hanns-G 28" 1920x1200 XFX Pro750W 
Case
Fractal Design Arc Midi 
  hide details  
Reply
Cares
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K MSI Z77A-GD65 MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III Samsung Green 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Kingston Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro Hanns-G 28" 1920x1200 XFX Pro750W 
Case
Fractal Design Arc Midi 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Corsair Carbide Air 540 Owner's Club +Gallery