Originally Posted by Masta Squidge
I dont understand why you all keep getting a boner over 4k monitors and comparing them to 5 screen portrait.
That is like, half the resolution of a 5 monitor portrait setup. Nobody would want to downgrade to 4k, especially since 4k UHD is 16:9. You need a lot more than "just" 4k for a curved display to replace that rig. It would have to be 8000x2560 resolution for me to even consider dropping that kind of money instead of just building 5 monitor portrait.
1) OLED - better colors, better response time, better contrast, better blacks, better viewing angles, better pixel pitch...
2) It's curved. That means no more ugly bezels, and a nice smooth curve instead of a ugly half decagon. That alone is worth a reduction in total resolution to a lot of users.
3) There is no reason a curved OLED couldn't be as large and as high resolution as a 5 monitor setup.
4) 5 monitor setups are extremely rare. They have all sorts of issues for normal users. A single 4k display is a lot "easier" (only need one stand, easier one power cable, one data cable. No need to adjust angles, no need to screw with game settings, no need to look for a specific video card that has enough of the right outputs, etc), and will also still have a higher resolution than most
users currently have.
5) You can use more than one 4k display, no one is stopping you. 5 4k displays is a lot more resolution than 5 1080 displays.
What exactly isn't there to like?