Originally Posted by Sunreeper
1) You claim that we're using fear mongering techniques again we're just stating facts no misinformation there
Complete absence of sound.
While people can argue that silence is relative for something to be truly silent it must not produce any sound
3) First just because you didn't have any issue with the pump noise doesn't mean everybody else would share your experience. Just look around the pump issue was a big problem with the h100 that is FACT arguing otherwise is pretty silly. I never said anything about leaking don't know why you're bringing that up my h100 didn't leak at all it just had that horrible pump grinding issue.
What a terrible argument we all have our own personal biases pretending like you don't have one is hilarious. I could easily make a rebuttal saying that because you had a good experience with the h100 your a biased individual as well
or does having only bad experiences with a product make an individual biased lol
4) A) You know lots of people have to modify their cases for water cooling as well its a hobby people enjoy these types of things and you can get completely fine temperatures with just air cooling its because harry was using a fanless
setup he was explaining ducting
B) Ohh boy my point was that a heatsink and a radiator are almost exactly same. You call air cooling primitive when the exact same principles apply to water cooling. I'm not using any straw man tactics at all if I am please quote them as I do with you. If you looked at my 4th argument I didn't use any examples just explained how similar the two cooling methods are. I was talking about the small amount of liquid in many air coolers to show just how similar they are to water cooling not to make them a form of water cooling lol. I'm not glorifying anything that isn't true like you are with the h100 again everything I said is a fact air cooling and water cooling operate on the exact same principles this is a fact not a "straw man tactic" or a "random example"
You actually haven't provided any facts besides continuously calling air cooling primitive and insulting my logic while you use none in your rebuttals
Really? Have you looked at the cooler that comes with your CPU its like 1$ crappy air cooler hell even a 20$ cooler master hyper 212 evo is leagues beyond it. You're telling me that these companies are actually going to bundle a full actually good CLC for the same price as a processor with the crappy air cooler? I highly doubt that. If you're talking about the enthusiast platform well intel doesn't even include a cooler with that CPU because they know enthusiast will use adequate cooling that didn't make them factory clock a 3930k at 4.5 ghz lol
B) Actually no you didn't say CPU this is what you said
Last I checked phones, laptops and tablets still count as computers
An electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program.
So yes you did technically say electronic devices
Look the TDP for many processor is constantly decreasing water cooling makes sense for us enthusiast but saying its going to completely phase out everything is just crazy. You think the common consumer is going to care or even want to pay extra for a water cooled computer? You think a consumer that uses something like an APU needs a water cooled computer? Heat isn't exactly. My ignorance about technology lol I don't believe technology is going to stay the same at all I do know however that water cooling won't be the be all end all
6) I do think a CLC is water cooling maybe not proper water cooling but water cooling nonetheless please don't put words in my mouth. The discussion we were having before this was regarding how an air cooler faired against a CLC not water cooling in general. Of course a custom loop is going to beat an air cooler but again thats not what we were talking about you just started to go on a tirade about how bad air cooling is. You're the one who's not staying on topic its not air cooling vs water cooling it was air coolers vs CLCs.
BTW if you look at my sig rig I actually have a full on proper custom water loop so don't think I'm trying to defend my purchase or something I'm just trying to prevent the spread of misinformation
Both cooling methods have their advantages and disadvantages saying that one is going to be completely wiped out is not true air cooling still has its place for many individuals and for many applications
1) You are using fear mongering techniques, look how you continue to stress all the ancient problems AIO coolers had when they first came out. It's quite clear. But you are delusional.
2) Whether or not the definition of silence claims a complete absence of sound, absence of sound as always is dependent on the person hearing quality or lack thereof. Something you cannot grasp because you as stated before, quite ignorant.
3) Just because someone else had issues with a pump doesn't mean someone else shares their experience. See what I did? The H100 pump was a "huge problem" although if you look at websites like Newegg. You will come to find that your statement is complete and utter nonsense.
59% 5 stars, 22% 4 stars. 512 people gave it 5 stars, 196 gave it four. Then below that in a bracket where problems would arise. 38 People and 68 people out of all of the people who claimed it worked wonderful. Basically mean, a very small amount of people in retrospect to how many units actually sold
What a terrible argument? Why because you are the most biased individual I have ever come across on this website. Nit picking, and selectively choosing the reasons why the H100 isn't as good as an Air Cooler.
4) A) That's the the point of my argument. You are too caught up in your ignorance to see that. I was stating you are going to complain about the hassles of an AIO cooler but you have to do all types of modifications just to improve your case for an Air Cooler. Seems logical.
B) Nobody was saying they are not similar, but to say that Air Cooling is the exact same as Water Cooling is not. This is where you were trying to go but using specific comparisons. Don't try to backpedal and make it seem like you weren't because you were. It's not the principals that are important. Cooling methods share principals. It's the effectiveness of the actual cooling method. Water cooling is obviously far superior. The straw man obviously is clueless to his straw man tactics, they were pointed out in the last reply no need to go backwards now. Your straw man tactics were when you tried to say that water cooling is akin to air cooling because of specific similarities like fans blowing through radiators is like fans blowing through heatsinks. LOL right, good one. You are exaggerating to the extremes, whilst simultaneously glorifying air cooling with nonsensical comparisons
Facts? I posted reviews previously, and my own experiences. Could you be any more delusional? Or should I go re-quote my previous posts to make you look even more ignorant than you are already making yourself seem. Air cooling is primitive, I've proven it with the reviews. If I have to I'll go post about another dozen reviews of AIO coolers compared to the top Air Coolers and make you feel very stupid. I don't feel like doing that because I posted two very large reviews already on previous pages which already explain my point. Even AIO coolers have gotten to the point where they are far superior than Air Cooling. Just because you want to ignore the facts doesn't mean they haven't been posted. That's just your ignorance getting in the way of the truth, hate to break it to you.
5) A) That's why CPU's are clocked so low from the factory. That's the only reasoning why you have to wait for technology to improve in order for them to start being clocked higher. They have to run at a lower wattage and put out less heat. Which takes time in this industry. This could be avoided by phasing out air cooling and supply AIO units with the CPU's. Which eventually is possible as technology gets better, the components used gets cheaper, and the quality/reliability is better. They could put out high quality units that perform great except they will be able to produce them at the same price as their old heatsinks. It's not really that far off from anything impossible. Like I said, CPU's are only going to get hotter and they are going to need to stop that heat somewhere along the lines. Just look at the
Evolution of the CPU from Sandy.
B) Last I checked, when someone is talking about cooling CPU's, on computer forum, and they use the term CPU they are talking about the CPU or the computer. Not laptops, phones or tablets. However, a straw man will always be a straw man and do whatever he can to actually avoid the discussion. Like, posted definitions from a dictionary website to inflate is false ego to make it appear as if he is winning the discussion when in actuality is he just further proving his arrogance.
So no, technically you are trying to dissuade the discussion with obvious semantics, but that's ok, we already know your stance here. Facts have been posted, you have been disproved but you continue to rabble on nonsensically.
You say TDP is decreasing, but look at Haswell and Ivy Bridge. Are the CPU's actually getting cooler by any means? Regardless of whether a common consumer cares or doesn't care. I'm talking about the desktop computer industry. Which many people
are still a part of. If the AIO units are bundled with their OEM computers they wont know the damn difference. All they will know is the computer is 20x faster than it was 10 freaking years ago. Even an APU can benefit from this. Have you actually
seen what AMD's APU's are able to overclock too? Imagine if they had those clocks from the factory.
6) Putting words in your mouth, you never elaborated on your feelings so I was left to go on the point you explained. Which was what you said. Don't get mad at me for your own comments you have made. The discussion we were having and still are having has not changed. If you think it has then you need to spend more time reading and less type rage typing. Not only will a custom loop beat and air cooler but an AIO cooler will too, especially at higher overclocks. You can see the reviews I posted earlier on in this thread. If I must I will post all reviews that show this already obvious fact some more. If you do not believe I am on topic, then I really don't know what to tell you except maybe you might be unknowingly diagnosed with ADD.
Prevent the spread of misinformation? Oxymoron at best. You are the misinformation
Air Cooling has its place for components that don't need to be cooled to the extreme circumstances that desktop CPU's do. Period.