Well after some cutting, much filing and several test fits for the fit of the modular plugs I thought I had my new PSU enclosure complete but it all went wrong
early on and I was oblivious to my error. I place the electronics in the enclosure and go to screw the modular daughter board to the enclosure, *** it doesn't
line up. I have a scale that I use for most measurements and some times I use the edge of the scale instead of the zero mark and evidently when I measured
the hole placement that is what I did because the holes were off by roughly 2.5mm which is the distance from zero to the edge.
That will never happen again, I used my Dremel to cut the excess off of the scale.
Well after the above described debacle I decided to just modify the original enclosure instead of starting over from scratch.
I cut out a few sections of honeycomb mesh, filed it down flat and then used a combination of welding and industrial adhesive to join the two sections, here is the result before clean up.
Did the same with the plug side only it is all weld with a bit of spot putty and filler primer (unsanded), the picture doesn't show most of the imperfections that are still present.
Here are a few pics of my home made flange tool made with 2 pieces of 1/4" tool steel, 2 pieces of scrap case material and resulting flange on the upper enclosure half.
The flange was made by placing the tool in my heavy duty vise and cranking down on it with all my might.