Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte P41T-D3P rev 1.4 Vcore Problem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte P41T-D3P rev 1.4 Vcore Problem

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I posted the following in the Gigabyte GGTS and i post it here as well just in case anyone can help... Thanks in advance!

Question :
I am trying to overclock my cpu but i have a problem raising the Vcore. When i change it in the bios and restart, the bios reports that the change has been made correctly and the Vcore is shown raised higher than default but the system becomes unstable. When i set everything to auto (except the memory timings of course) i am able to raise the vcore through EasyTune6 with my cpu stable at 3.125GHz speed. Raising from bios, i cant even get close to 2.8GHz with stability.

Another problem is that i cant set memory to work at Command Rate (CMD) 1T , bios reports as 0 (like in the MB manual) and CPU-Z reports as 2T. I have tried more memory modules in the past and all reported 0 in the bios.I had a set of dual channel (i dont remember brand) 2x2GB with CPU-Z showing 1T.

Finally, when i raise the CPU Host Frequency more than 300 MHz i have a 10 sec more delay until i see the 1st sceen on the monitor.

I am not satisfied at all with this MB considering i paid around 50 euros for it. Also, i am not new to overclocking. I am thinking of changing the whole system unless u provide me with a solution at least for the Vcore problem.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english


Model Name : GA-P41T-D3P(rev. 1.4)
M/B Rev : 1.4
BIOS Ver : FE
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer :
VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : GTS 250
CPU Brand : Intel Model : E5200 Speed : 2.5
Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP : 1
Memory Brand : G.SKILL Type : DDR3
Memory Size : 8 Speed : 2133
Power Supply : 750 W


The official MB bios for rev 1.4 is FD. I used FE from rev 1.6 because in 1.4 i had this problem as well... It made no diffrence.
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigardeli View Post

I posted the following in the Gigabyte GGTS and i post it here as well just in case anyone can help... Thanks in advance!

Question :
I am trying to overclock my cpu but i have a problem raising the Vcore. When i change it in the bios and restart, the bios reports that the change has been made correctly and the Vcore is shown raised higher than default but the system becomes unstable. When i set everything to auto (except the memory timings of course) i am able to raise the vcore through EasyTune6 with my cpu stable at 3.125GHz speed. Raising from bios, i cant even get close to 2.8GHz with stability.

Another problem is that i cant set memory to work at Command Rate (CMD) 1T , bios reports as 0 (like in the MB manual) and CPU-Z reports as 2T. I have tried more memory modules in the past and all reported 0 in the bios.I had a set of dual channel (i dont remember brand) 2x2GB with CPU-Z showing 1T.

Finally, when i raise the CPU Host Frequency more than 300 MHz i have a 10 sec more delay until i see the 1st sceen on the monitor.

I am not satisfied at all with this MB considering i paid around 50 euros for it. Also, i am not new to overclocking. I am thinking of changing the whole system unless u provide me with a solution at least for the Vcore problem.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english


Model Name : GA-P41T-D3P(rev. 1.4)
M/B Rev : 1.4
BIOS Ver : FE
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer :
VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : GTS 250
CPU Brand : Intel Model : E5200 Speed : 2.5
Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP : 1
Memory Brand : G.SKILL Type : DDR3
Memory Size : 8 Speed : 2133
Power Supply : 750 W


The official MB bios for rev 1.4 is FD. I used FE from rev 1.6 because in 1.4 i had this problem as well... It made no diffrence.

 

To start with, this is not a good motherboard for overclocking, so that's the main problem. So, you didn't buy an overclocking board at all.

 

So, this could explain the vcore weirdness that you're experiencing.

 

Regarding 1T vs. 2T: some memory can do it, and some can't. So it looks to me like you currently have memory that can't do it. However, DDR3-2133 is not compatible with this motherboard.

 

I think the FSB limit is close to around 300 MHz, so I think that's why you're having a 10 second delay.

 

Finally, the PSU can cause problems too if it's a low quality unit. What's the make and model of yours?

It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hello TwoCables, thank you for your quick answer.

About the motherboard, i know that G41 chipset is not the best for OC but is not that it can not give more voltage to the cpu through bios.

As for the memory kit (G.SKILL 2x4GB), it can easily support 1T at 2133MHz and i cant get it to more than 1333MHz since i have FSB wall.

If i set the Clock frequency at 333MHz the pc works fine (with lower multiply) but it just delays the startup with 10 sec as i said...

Finally, my PSU is ENERMAX INFINITY 750W. I dont think its a bad one...
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigardeli View Post

Hello TwoCables, thank you for your quick answer.

About the motherboard, i know that G41 chipset is not the best for OC but is not that it can not give more voltage to the cpu through bios.

As for the memory kit (G.SKILL 2x4GB), it can easily support 1T at 2133MHz and i cant get it to more than 1333MHz since i have FSB wall.

 

No, this motherboard will not support DDR3-2133. It can only support up to DDR3-1333. Check out the specifications here:

 

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4027#sp

 

So, you're using unsupported memory. That's why it can't go higher than 1333 and that may also be why it can't do 1T. Besides, 1T is not beneficial on the Intel chipset like it is on the NVIDIA nForce chipset.

 

Did you buy this memory in preparation for your next computer?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigardeli View Post

If i set the Clock frequency at 333MHz the pc works fine (with lower multiply) but it just delays the startup with 10 sec as i said...

 

This may be a sign that it's extremely unstable at 333 MHz.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigardeli View Post

Finally, my PSU is ENERMAX INFINITY 750W. I dont think its a bad one...

 

You're right: this one is decent. So, you're safe there.


Edited by TwoCables - 7/5/13 at 2:18pm
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

No, this motherboard will not support DDR3-2133. It can only support up to DDR3-1333.
I know it does not support DDR3-2133 but if the memory is capable of 1T at 2133MHz it can surely work as well with 1T at 1333MHz.
Quote:
Did you buy this memory in preparation for your next computer?

of course tongue.gif
Quote:
This may be a sign that it's extremely unstable at 333 MHz.

At 333 its full stable, no BSOD

Anyway, i think its time to go to a new system...
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigardeli View Post


I know it does not support DDR3-2133 but if the memory is capable of 1T at 2133MHz it can surely work as well with 1T at 1333MHz.

 

But this memory isn't even truly compatible with your motherboard, so it can't be expected to function at 100%. If you really wanted 1T, then you should have bought memory that's known to be compatible with this motherboard. Even then, it's never a guarantee that you're going to get 1T.

 

Besides, 1T doesn't provide much of a difference in performance, if any at all. However, it does on the NVIDIA nForce chipset. I know this from experience. I had the EVGA 680i SLI and I found memory on Newegg that had a ton of positive reviews about how it could easily do 1T on the nForce 680i chipset. Then one day I upgraded to the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. I tried 1T, but I didn't feel or see a difference at all. Not one bit. It was nothing like the difference I experienced on the nForce board! So, I left it at 2T and it was just fine. In fact, I did not have the inferior performance of 2T like I had on the nForce board. On the EP45-UD3P, 2T felt like 1T for me.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigardeli View Post

of course tongue.gif

 

I'm just making sure. We really get them in here sometimes, y'know? So, I am always careful to make sure.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigardeli View Post

At 333 its full stable, no BSOD

 

That doesn't necessarily mean that it's stable. The stability of an overclocked computer has to be tested using stressful programs like Prime95 and it has to be able to run the program problem-free for several hours before it can be declared stable.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigardeli View Post

Anyway, i think its time to go to a new system...

 

I agree. :)


Edited by TwoCables - 7/5/13 at 3:39pm
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte P41T-D3P rev 1.4 Vcore Problem