Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Repair QNIX monitor, odd problem.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Repair QNIX monitor, odd problem.

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Long time lurker here, just registered smile.gif. I ordered a QNIX monitor from Korea a month ago and it worked beautifully for a week but it stopped working properly. Monitor seems fine when booting; POST looks clear as well as the OS loading screen. It works fine in a linux terminal, but when I get into the desktop I just get vertical colored lines everywhere, no image. As soon as I switch to terminal it works again. I tried changing resolution, refresh rate and power cable (not the adapter) to no avail. I opened the monitor looking for lose connections but everything seems fine. The only thing left to try I guess it's a new adapter, but I'm not sure that's the issue given that it works on boot and in terminal. Anyone with a similar experience? Any ideas how can I fix it?
post #2 of 7
Try a different cable (Dual Link DVI)
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclanrs View Post

Long time lurker here, just registered smile.gif. I ordered a QNIX monitor from Korea a month ago and it worked beautifully for a week but it stopped working properly. Monitor seems fine when booting; POST looks clear as well as the OS loading screen. It works fine in a linux terminal, but when I get into the desktop I just get vertical colored lines everywhere, no image. As soon as I switch to terminal it works again. I tried changing resolution, refresh rate and power cable (not the adapter) to no avail. I opened the monitor looking for lose connections but everything seems fine. The only thing left to try I guess it's a new adapter, but I'm not sure that's the issue given that it works on boot and in terminal. Anyone with a similar experience? Any ideas how can I fix it?

This happened to me, what I ended up doing was taking out my 7950 gpu and putting in my friends 660 ti, then did driver sweeper a few times, then put my 7950 back in and reinstalled drivers fresh, worked fine. and yea use DVI-D cables only.
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Try a different cable (Dual Link DVI)
Forgot to mention I tried new DVI-D cables as well, I've an ASUS PB278Q so I tested all new parts there and they work.
Quote:
...what I ended up doing was taking out my 7950 gpu and putting in my friends 660 ti, then did driver sweeper a few time...
My 460gtx worked fine with the QNIX when it worked, and it works with my ASUS. Also, I tried Ubuntu and Windows so I don't think it's a driver issue...
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclanrs View Post

Forgot to mention I tried new DVI-D cables as well, I've an ASUS PB278Q so I tested all new parts there and they work.
My 460gtx worked fine with the QNIX when it worked, and it works with my ASUS. Also, I tried Ubuntu and Windows so I don't think it's a driver issue...

This Korean monitors are hit or miss, I know 2-3 people who have been screwed over with a bad one. You may just be out of luck. I have had mine for 2 months now, and I hit the power button this morning and it took it like 30 seconds to pop up... scared the **** out of me. lol


Lesson learned = stop buying ripoff brands and pay the premium with extended warranty.
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

Lesson learned = stop buying ripoff brands and pay the premium with extended warranty.
Or get the QNIX Q2710 via Amazon and/or get a SquareTrade warranty.

Buying the same Korean monitor that way, gives you a far easier warranty.
These vendors take over the warranty hassle for you.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrejhon View Post

Or get the QNIX Q2710 via Amazon and/or get a SquareTrade warranty.

Buying the same Korean monitor that way, gives you a far easier warranty.
These vendors take over the warranty hassle for you.

+1 anyone who can get a ST warranty should. It is a 300 dollar monitor that has the potential quality of a 1000 dollar monitor you can afford to bit the bullet on 35-50 bucks to ensure it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Repair QNIX monitor, odd problem.