Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Can my C2D E6400 run Battlefield 3?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can my C2D E6400 run Battlefield 3? - Page 3

post #21 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCR View Post

So if I get a C2Q and leave my GPU to where it is now, I'll still get better performance? For instance in Bad Company 2, which I play the most.
I get 30-50 FPS on low settings now playing in a 32 player map.

What is your current gpu?
AMD Rig
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6300 Asus m5a99x evo MSI GTX 660 8gb corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120gb  Asus Silverstone argon ar 01 Windows 7 64 bit 
PowerCaseAudio
xfx xxx 650 Antec One Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 Asus crosshair V formula-Z Asus 7970 Corsair vengeance pro 1600mhz (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Corsair force series GT 120gb + western digital... Corsair H100  Windows 7 home premium 64-bit Corsair AX 750 
CaseAudio
Corsair 650D Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Rig
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6300 Asus m5a99x evo MSI GTX 660 8gb corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120gb  Asus Silverstone argon ar 01 Windows 7 64 bit 
PowerCaseAudio
xfx xxx 650 Antec One Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 Asus crosshair V formula-Z Asus 7970 Corsair vengeance pro 1600mhz (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Corsair force series GT 120gb + western digital... Corsair H100  Windows 7 home premium 64-bit Corsair AX 750 
CaseAudio
Corsair 650D Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 37
To give you some personal experience, I'm running my e6400 @3.0 with a 5870 and I can barely play the game on its lowest settings.
post #23 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by South80 View Post

What is your current gpu?
He mentioned that it's a Nvidia GeForce 7900 GTO
Teh neon walris
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090T Asus M5A99X EVO Asus 7950 2x Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 PC10600/1333MHz CL9 2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Blue 1tb 7200rpm Corsair force 3 LiteOn iHAS424 Arch Linux 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 23" LG (Not sure what model) Asus vs247h razer blackwidow 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Scout Razer naga Beyerdynamic DT-770 
  hide details  
Reply
Teh neon walris
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090T Asus M5A99X EVO Asus 7950 2x Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 PC10600/1333MHz CL9 2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar Blue 1tb 7200rpm Corsair force 3 LiteOn iHAS424 Arch Linux 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 23" LG (Not sure what model) Asus vs247h razer blackwidow 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Scout Razer naga Beyerdynamic DT-770 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by South80 View Post



What motherboard and how much ram have you got?

As I said I've got 3GB DDR2 ram.

My Mobo is the ASUS PSL VM 1394
post #25 of 37
Thread Starter 
My Mobo doesnt even support Quad cores.

So I think if I want to upgrade I definatly need to get another Mobo with Socket 1155 and get like a i5?
post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCR View Post

So if I get a C2Q and leave my GPU to where it is now, I'll still get better performance? For instance in Bad Company 2, which I play the most.
I get 30-50 FPS on low settings now playing in a 32 player map.

TBH, i dont know much about C2Q and how it performs side by side with my four core i5, but i think as long as you have a quad core; you will be able to bump it up to medium or high settings, with some FXAA enabled (no MSAA) , and be able to play the 64 player maps a lot smoother. Bad Company 2 is nowhere near as intensive as Battlefield 3 though.

You should wait for some more advice with people who are more experienced with CPU's. thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCR View Post

My Mobo doesnt even support Quad cores.

So I think if I want to upgrade I definatly need to get another Mobo with Socket 1155 and get like a i5?

Yes, i would suggest it. DDR3 Ram is cheaper than DDR2 so im sure you can upgrade from the 3GB you have. I would suggest the i5 over the i3 as you definitely need all four cores.
Edited by Aesthethc - 7/15/13 at 3:25am
post #27 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthethc View Post

TBH, i dont know much about C2Q and how it performs side by side with my four core i5, but i think as long as you have a quad core; you will be able to bump it up to medium or high settings, with some FXAA enabled (no MSAA) , and be able to play the 64 player maps a lot smoother. Bad Company 2 is nowhere near as intensive as Battlefield 3 though.

You should wait for some more advice with people who are more experienced with CPU's. thumb.gif
Yes, i would suggest it. DDR3 Ram is cheaper than DDR2 so im sure you can upgrade from the 3GB you have. I would suggest the i5 over the i3 as you definitely need all four cores.

Since I am a total retard when it comes to picking parts and computer knowledge in general. What motherboard should I pick? I want to keep it rather cheap.
post #28 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCR View Post

My Mobo doesnt even support Quad cores.

So I think if I want to upgrade I definatly need to get another Mobo with Socket 1155 and get like a i5?

Thats why i was asking for the model number. Unfortunately, it does not support a core 2 quad.

Have you got a budget for your upgrade?
AMD Rig
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6300 Asus m5a99x evo MSI GTX 660 8gb corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120gb  Asus Silverstone argon ar 01 Windows 7 64 bit 
PowerCaseAudio
xfx xxx 650 Antec One Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 Asus crosshair V formula-Z Asus 7970 Corsair vengeance pro 1600mhz (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Corsair force series GT 120gb + western digital... Corsair H100  Windows 7 home premium 64-bit Corsair AX 750 
CaseAudio
Corsair 650D Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Rig
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6300 Asus m5a99x evo MSI GTX 660 8gb corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120gb  Asus Silverstone argon ar 01 Windows 7 64 bit 
PowerCaseAudio
xfx xxx 650 Antec One Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 Asus crosshair V formula-Z Asus 7970 Corsair vengeance pro 1600mhz (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Corsair force series GT 120gb + western digital... Corsair H100  Windows 7 home premium 64-bit Corsair AX 750 
CaseAudio
Corsair 650D Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCR View Post

Since I am a total retard when it comes to picking parts and computer knowledge in general. What motherboard should I pick? I want to keep it rather cheap.

The main question is, where do you live?

If you know any local places that might have some Z68 motherboards still lying around you can snag them for really cheap. I believe the Z68-V Pro (this ones an SLI board) was as low as 50 dollars on sale, and the Z68-V LE (the non SLI version) was lower than that.

If not, you can look around at local stores or maybe online for some basic 1155 motherboard + cpu combo. Maybe if there is a local microcenter near you, i know they have some good deals with motherboard/CPU combo. Recently the i5-3570k was on sale for as low as $170 i believe? But really if youre just looking on the most cheapest i5 to go, i would suggest to go with i5-2390T which is a 2.7ghz CPU with a boost of up to 3.5ghz.

As for motherboard, i personally just stay away from EVGA (because of BIOS issues), go with either Gigabyte (i hear the UD3H, UD5H are great mobos), Asus is also my main personal favorite, because of great Customer Service in my specific location -- i guess im close to an ASUS warehouse or something.... but also (a lot of their higher end gaming motherboards are designed pretty well, arguably a little overpriced... but thats another story wink.gif ), maybe MSI boards are great budget boards; some stores may even have crazy MSI deals/rebates compared to other brands...but i would honestly IMO avoid the G45 series no matter how cheap they are; i recently recommended it to a friend when i built his rig and he was experiencing the same problem of some weird BSOD/reboot loop (something you want to avoid)... so i think GD65 (the next series above G45) is a much better option. A lot of choice goes into motherboards if youre really picky with designs/color theme, you know...

I generally use this website for "a guide" http://sinhardware.com/index.php/vrm-list the table is pretty self-forward, im sure you can figure it out.

Also, are you overclocking? And is there a budget to how "cheap" this is? and do you care about running fast RAM speeds?
Edited by Aesthethc - 7/15/13 at 3:56am
post #30 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthethc View Post

The main question is, where do you live?

If you know any local places that might have some Z68 motherboards still lying around you can snag them for really cheap. I believe the Z68-V Pro (this ones an SLI board) was as low as 50 dollars on sale, and the Z68-V LE (the non SLI version) was lower than that.

If not, you can look around at local stores or maybe online for some basic 1155 motherboard + cpu combo. Maybe if there is a local microcenter near you, i know they have some good deals with motherboard/CPU combo. Recently the i5-3570k was on sale for as low as $170 i believe? But really if youre just looking on the most cheapest i5 to go, i would suggest to go with i5-2390T which is a 2.7ghz CPU with a boost of up to 3.5ghz.

As for motherboard, i personally just stay away from EVGA (because of BIOS issues), go with either Gigabyte (i hear the UD3H, UD5H are great mobos), Asus is also my main personal favorite, because of great Customer Service in my specific location -- i guess im close to an ASUS warehouse or something.... but also (a lot of their higher end gaming motherboards are designed pretty well, arguably a little overpriced... but thats another story wink.gif ), maybe MSI boards are great budget boards; some stores may even have crazy MSI deals/rebates compared to other brands...but i would honestly IMO avoid the G45 series no matter how cheap they are; i recently recommended it to a friend when i built his rig and he was experiencing the same problem of some weird BSOD/reboot loop (something you want to avoid)... so i think GD65 (the next series above G45) is a much better option. A lot of choice goes into motherboards if youre really picky with designs/color theme, you know...

I generally use this website for "a guide" http://sinhardware.com/index.php/vrm-list the table is pretty self-forward, im sure you can figure it out.

Also, are you overclocking? And is there a budget to how "cheap" this is? and do you care about running fast RAM speeds?

The local PC shop in Almere ( city near Amsterdam, The Netherlands ) has a Motherboard for 50 euros, the S1155 Msi H61M-P20 (Sandy Bridge) or for 2 euros more, the S1155 Asrock H61M (Sandy Bridge) and on top of that, for 50 euro cents more, the S1155 Msi H61M-P31 (Sandy Bridge).
when it comes to design, I really dont give a rats ass. If it works properly, im happy.
Edited by SirCR - 7/15/13 at 4:16am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Can my C2D E6400 run Battlefield 3?