Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] FX-9590 Reviews Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] FX-9590 Reviews Thread - Page 36

post #351 of 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obakemono View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

how much OC head room does the 9590 have on Air / Water? 100 - 200 MHZ if u're lucky?

proof.gifproof.gifproof.gifproof.gifproof.gifproof.gifproof.gifproof.gifproof.gif
I think it's true, proof is in the pudding.
hear about much higher clocks then what you have seen thus far.?
without phase change.?
NO...
post #352 of 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durquavian View Post

Ok you guys suck at discussion/argument. You argue that power consumption matters till someone makes an avid claim, then you alter your argument because your original is no longer valid. My point was that dumbing down an argument just to make one particular side look bad is no argument at all but an ill advised slant based on apparent bias. Now if you really want to discuss power consumption, then lets do so in an intelligent matter so that we can discern the truth and actual fact.

You're going to have to say what you claim my argument was that I'm supposed to have changed and how is it no longer valid.
post #353 of 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

I think it's true, proof is in the pudding.
hear about much higher clocks then what you have seen thus far.?
without phase change.?
NO...
Still as of yet, we have seen no attempt. So far the reviews have made just paltry attempts to set up the chip in an adequate environment. Being the price is so high then one with the money to purchase would likely have a custom loop and then adequate cooling to see how far if any it will OC. By the reduced power consumption compared to an OC 8350, it would appear that there is still room with power to get further. So far seems like the reviews I have seen have used the bare minimum. Although a bit overdone Obakemono point of proof stands. We have none as of this moment.
post #354 of 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiths View Post

You're going to have to say what you claim my argument was that I'm supposed to have changed and how is it no longer valid.
Not yours specifically don't know that you have one, but making the point that in your reply you allude that somehow my argument was on performance. It wasn't. It was about power usage and the lack of unbiased, intelligent responses. When you make arguments, it is generally best to discuss one topic at a time without resorting to the "well my dad can beat up your dad" response. We have discussed the performance of this chip and determined it is still behind Intel in performance so your bringing it up in a discussion of power usage shows either you don't have any adequate input into that discussion that would lead to your biased opinion on the subject ( in this bias does not inherently mean you love Intel, just that you think in this scenario Intel is better, an opinion without basis) or you inherently just wanna stir the flames a bit to lead a discussion away from the fact within the chart that showed a very discernible reduction in power usage from what we know an 8350 would use.

If you wish to have a real discussion into the root of why the power usage is what it is on a factual plane then I am willing to do so. But watching people glaze over the facts and make hasty uninformed conclusions with closed minded responses defeats the real purpose of these forums.

Edit: as far as what point you made---> in a discussion of power usage this is your response to mine Intel doesn't need to run 5.0ghz to beat piledriver. viola
Edited by Durquavian - 7/18/13 at 4:12am
post #355 of 757
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durquavian View Post

Still as of yet, we have seen no attempt. So far the reviews have made just paltry attempts to set up the chip in an adequate environment. Being the price is so high then one with the money to purchase would likely have a custom loop and then adequate cooling to see how far if any it will OC. By the reduced power consumption compared to an OC 8350, it would appear that there is still room with power to get further. So far seems like the reviews I have seen have used the bare minimum. Although a bit overdone Obakemono point of proof stands. We have none as of this moment.

Do you really think that people buying this chip primarily through an OEM have custom loops? I don't think so.

They'll be running it with whatever CLC gets bundled with it.
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
post #356 of 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

Do you really think that people buying this chip primarily through an OEM have custom loops? I don't think so.

They'll be running it with whatever CLC gets bundled with it.
My point was for OCing to see how far. It is reasonable to think one purchasing this would do better than minimum to get an extreme OC. Wasn't talking about the general masses.
post #357 of 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durquavian View Post

My point was for OCing to see how far. It is reasonable to think one purchasing this would do better than minimum to get an extreme OC. Wasn't talking about the general masses.

I'd like to see proper bios support personally. Both kitguru and HC had issues setting up their processors at stock 4.7 even-their results often trail 4.7Ghz 8320/8350 numbers.
Mastodon Ryzen
(12 items)
 
HP Z220
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Asus R9 Nano Gskill TridentZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Pny SSD 240GB Crucial MX100 CM Nepton 280L Win 10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer Predator XG270HU Freesync XFX 750W Pro HAF XM Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
i7 3770 HP Quadro K2000 HP 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Win 7  HP 400W HP CMT RAT 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Mastodon Ryzen
(12 items)
 
HP Z220
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Asus R9 Nano Gskill TridentZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Pny SSD 240GB Crucial MX100 CM Nepton 280L Win 10 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Acer Predator XG270HU Freesync XFX 750W Pro HAF XM Logitech G502 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
i7 3770 HP Quadro K2000 HP 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Win 7  HP 400W HP CMT RAT 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #358 of 757
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durquavian View Post

My point was for OCing to see how far. It is reasonable to think one purchasing this would do better than minimum to get an extreme OC. Wasn't talking about the general masses.

I'll be waiting for Overclocking results. We'll see which chip has more OC head room on air / CLC, the 3960X with its 1.5 GHZ head room, or this FX-9590 and its yet to be determined OC head room. If I was a betting man ( which I am ) my money is on the 3960X. wink.gif

I'm pretty certain that the 9590 is clocked to its near limits for Air / CLC. On LN2 and other extreme cooling is another story, which is not what I'm referring to.
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
post #359 of 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

I'll be waiting for Overclocking results. We'll see which chip has more OC head room on air / CLC, the 3960X with its 1.5 GHZ head room, or this FX-9590 and its yet to be determined OC head room. If I was a betting man ( which I am ) my money is on the 3960X. wink.gif

I'm pretty certain that the 9590 is clocked to its near limits for Air / CLC. On LN2 and other extreme cooling is another story, which is not what I'm referring to.
Man you guys would make terrible lawyers. I never said it would have a lot of headroom or once even compared it to Intel on that front. I said you have no proof as to now what it is or what it can do. No review has tried with adequate equipment. I don't know what it will be. But for love of God stop adding intent to my posts. By now you'd think to know better.

Edit and by what fact are you basing your certainty. A hunch doesn't count as fact. Take a page from my book and when you don't know either say nothing or leave room in your comments for plausible deniability.
post #360 of 757
The starting point was Usario's comment of the 9370 being a fair deal, I said no, he replied with benchmarks, I brought up power consumption among other things, that's when you came in. ie. you've been the one out of step with the conversation, and then you try to chastise:)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] FX-9590 Reviews Thread