Below you will find our washing instructions:
Edited by TwoCables - 7/14/13 at 11:51pm
Cleaning Chemicals that should NOT be used:
• Cleaners containing bleach or solvents
• Acidic based cleaners (Including orange-based cleaning agents)
• Cleaners containing Ammonia
What We Recommend
Over our 60 wash cycle test, the only detergent we used was the 2xULTRATide with COLORCLEAN™ Bleach Alternative. We’re certain any brand detergent will work for this; however we’ve found that this product not only gets the job done, but prevents the surface of the pad from fading.
Cleaning your PureTrak cloth mouse pad is fairly straight forward. If you can wash clothes, you can wash your mouse pad. Following these simple steps will ensure your PureTrak cloth mouse pad will come out looking brand spanking new.
1. Set your washing machine’s water temperature to Warm/Cold, with a wash mode of “Normal” or similar. This will do a warm wash with a cold rinse.
2. If you have other DARK colored clothes needing to be washed, feel free to bundle your mouse pad with them. It saves water and won’t affect the outcome.
3. Presoak the entire mouse pad in warm water prior to putting it in the wash. This will cause a “pre-wash” effect to start loosening any unwanted dirt.
4. Place the pre-soaked mouse pad inside the wash with the other articles of clothing. Start the wash cycle.
5. After the wash cycle is complete, remove the mouse pad and GENTLY ring out any extra water contained in the pours of the rubber base.
6. Place the mouse pad inside the dryer on a “NORMAL/COTTON” setting for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Make sure the dryer isn’t set to a high-heat setting as the rubber base may become soft and gummy. Once you remove the mouse pad from the dryer, squeeze or pinch the rubber base to see if water is still retained in it. If yes, place the mouse pad back in the dryer on the same “NORMAL/COTTON” setting for an additional 25-35 minutes. Repeat until rubber base is completely dry.
That should do it. At this point your PureTrak mouse pad should be as good as new and smelling great.