Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › New Rig
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Rig

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my thread. I am putting together 2 similar pc's for friends which main use will be gaming and web browsing. I have a list of parts that I think will be good. They both will be running tri-display one will have 5760x1080 the other will be using 4080x768. So all suggestions welcome smile.gif Overclocking will not be done (various reasons)

$1087 Canadian Pre shipping/tax (4080x768)
$1250 Canadian Pre shipping/tax (5760x1080)
The main difference will likely be a ssd for the pricer one.

Preferred: Ncix.com (Canadian version)
Warning: Part list (Click to show)
CPU: Intel Core i5 4570
GPU:Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
HDD:WD Caviar Black 1TB
Case:Corsair Carbide 500R
GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX760 (I am not sure about nvidia with multi monitor, but price/performance I thought it would be best)
PSU:Seasonic G Series 550W
RAM:Patriot Viper 3 8GB 2X4GB
DVD:ASUS DRW-24F1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer Black
SSD:Cruical M500 120gb (Only for the one running 5760x1080)
I labelled them not because I think your stupid but for ease of reading smile.gif


Thanks for reading thumb.gif
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltpenguin View Post

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my thread. I am putting together 2 similar pc's for friends which main use will be gaming and web browsing. I have a list of parts that I think will be good. They both will be running tri-display one will have 5760x1080 the other will be using 4080x768. So all suggestions welcome smile.gif Overclocking will not be done (various reasons)

$1087 Canadian Pre shipping/tax (4080x768)
$1250 Canadian Pre shipping/tax (5760x1080)
The main difference will likely be a ssd for the pricer one.

Preferred: Ncix.com (Canadian version)
Warning: Part list (Click to show)
CPU: Intel Core i5 4570
GPU:Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
HDD:WD Caviar Black 1TB
Case:Corsair Carbide 500R
GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX760 (I am not sure about nvidia with multi monitor, but price/performance I thought it would be best)
PSU:Seasonic G Series 550W
RAM:Patriot Viper 3 8GB 2X4GB
DVD:ASUS DRW-24F1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer Black
SSD:Cruical M500 120gb (Only for the one running 5760x1080)
I labelled them not because I think your stupid but for ease of reading smile.gif


Thanks for reading thumb.gif

GTX 760 in a single card setup will not be able to give you great performance in triple monitor setups. You will need SLI GTX 770 2GB and a minimum 760 Watt PSU.

Also, since they will not be overclocking, use a motherboard with a chipset that is capable of SLI.
Edited by aznpersuazn - 7/16/13 at 6:57pm
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpersuazn View Post

GTX 760 in a single card setup will not be able to give you great performance in triple monitor setups. You will need SLI GTX 770 2GB and a minimum 760 Watt PSU.

O sorry I should have mentioned they mainly play league of legends it wouldn't really be in the budget tongue.gif I think it would be powerful enough due the game being able to run on nothing.
post #4 of 8
If you are not overclocking you are wasting your money in a ton of areas.

1) You dont need a Z87X-UD3H motherboard at all, that would be required if you were overclocking.

Go for an ASRock H87 Pro4 or an MSI B85M-G43. Gigabyte doesnt really have any B85/H87 boards worth your time.

2) The Caviar blacks are more expensive and an actually slower than the Blues. So go with the WD 1TB Blue instead.

3) The GTX 760 isn't really a good option for that resolution unless you were running SLI. Even for League of Legends I have a feeling during large team fights you are going to experience some serious framrerate drops. I would suggest you get a 7950 or 7970 instead (for the 5760x1080 setup at least) .

4) 550W PSU is overkill for someone not doing any overclocking. A nice 450W unit will suffice. So drop down to the Seasonic 450W G Series.

6) The Cruical M500 isn't really that good of a drive under 500GB, they aren't all that fast. Look into a SanDisk Extreme SSD instead.
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Here is what i got for the last rig:

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
SanDisk Extreme 120GB
Intel Core i5 4670
Seasonic G Series 450W
ASUS DRW-24F1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer
MSI H87M-G43
Fractal Design Define Mini
Powercolor Radeon HD 7970
Patriot Viper 3 8GB 2X4GB
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltpenguin View Post

Here is what i got for the last rig:

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
SanDisk Extreme 120GB
Intel Core i5 4670
Seasonic G Series 450W
ASUS DRW-24F1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer
MSI H87M-G43
Fractal Design Define Mini
Powercolor Radeon HD 7970
Patriot Viper 3 8GB 2X4GB

That will work. But some advice: You will need to remove the HDD cage to place that Powercollor HD7970 in that case. The case limits GPUs to 260mm with both HDD cages installed. However, the card is 265mm long. When you remove the top HDD cage, it will be able to support 400mm length GPUs.
post #7 of 8
Have you bought the second rig aswell?
AMD Rig
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6300 Asus m5a99x evo MSI GTX 660 8gb corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120gb  Asus Silverstone argon ar 01 Windows 7 64 bit 
PowerCaseAudio
xfx xxx 650 Antec One Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 Asus crosshair V formula-Z Asus 7970 Corsair vengeance pro 1600mhz (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Corsair force series GT 120gb + western digital... Corsair H100  Windows 7 home premium 64-bit Corsair AX 750 
CaseAudio
Corsair 650D Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Rig
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 6300 Asus m5a99x evo MSI GTX 660 8gb corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120gb  Asus Silverstone argon ar 01 Windows 7 64 bit 
PowerCaseAudio
xfx xxx 650 Antec One Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 Asus crosshair V formula-Z Asus 7970 Corsair vengeance pro 1600mhz (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Corsair force series GT 120gb + western digital... Corsair H100  Windows 7 home premium 64-bit Corsair AX 750 
CaseAudio
Corsair 650D Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by South80 View Post

Have you bought the second rig aswell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by South80 View Post

Have you bought the second rig aswell?

Yea it is actually pretty much the same base, it was bought like 1 1/2 weeks with a 770 in place of 7970 no ssd and just different dvd/case/ram due to fluctuating prices :I i can't believe ram jumped in price so much over a year though frown.gif it was a good deal at the time for sure though
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › New Rig