Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Deathadder 3.5G vs 4G
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Deathadder 3.5G vs 4G

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new mouse and I've settled on the DA because I really like the feel of it. I can't decide between the 3.5G and 4G versions though.

I've heard the sensor on the 4G is slightly better but it has hardware acceleration that you can't turn off, the 3.5G also has acceleration but you can turn it off. Thoughts? I'm sure this question has probably been asked a lot, thanks smile.gif

I'm using a Razer Goliathus Control mouse pad if that has any bearing on the decision. Oh, and cost doesn't matter, there is only £15 between them anyway.
Define
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX 6GB @ 1500MHz 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB Noctua NH-U14S 3x Noctua NF-A14 FLX 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell U2713HM Dell U2312HM Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake (MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W Fractal Design Define R5 Black Mionix Naos 7000 SteelSeries QcK 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 650 Fostex TH-X00 Ebony Schiit Modi Multibit Schiit Asgard 2 
Other
TP-LINK Archer T9E  
  hide details  
Reply
Define
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX 6GB @ 1500MHz 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB Noctua NH-U14S 3x Noctua NF-A14 FLX 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell U2713HM Dell U2312HM Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake (MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W Fractal Design Define R5 Black Mionix Naos 7000 SteelSeries QcK 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 650 Fostex TH-X00 Ebony Schiit Modi Multibit Schiit Asgard 2 
Other
TP-LINK Archer T9E  
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 9
Neither mice have acceleration, maybe you confused it with smoothing.
DA 4G has smoothing so tracking is delayed.
3.5G has no smoothing.
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker1 View Post

Neither mice have acceleration, maybe you confused it with smoothing.
DA 4G has smoothing so tracking is delayed.
3.5G has no smoothing.
That's it, I did get confused.

So would you say the 3.5G is better?
Define
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX 6GB @ 1500MHz 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB Noctua NH-U14S 3x Noctua NF-A14 FLX 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell U2713HM Dell U2312HM Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake (MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W Fractal Design Define R5 Black Mionix Naos 7000 SteelSeries QcK 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 650 Fostex TH-X00 Ebony Schiit Modi Multibit Schiit Asgard 2 
Other
TP-LINK Archer T9E  
  hide details  
Reply
Define
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX 6GB @ 1500MHz 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB Noctua NH-U14S 3x Noctua NF-A14 FLX 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell U2713HM Dell U2312HM Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake (MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W Fractal Design Define R5 Black Mionix Naos 7000 SteelSeries QcK 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 650 Fostex TH-X00 Ebony Schiit Modi Multibit Schiit Asgard 2 
Other
TP-LINK Archer T9E  
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 9
for me the black edition is king. i hated the 4g
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabsonuro View Post

for me the black edition is king. i hated the 4g
Was your hate because of the reported "smoothing", or did your 4G track differently so that you disliked it versus your previous generation DeathAdder?
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4dd View Post

Was your hate because of the reported "smoothing", or did your 4G track differently so that you disliked it versus your previous generation DeathAdder?

I have DA 3.5 and 4, and hate 4, because of that smoothing effect, i just cant get those flick shoots like i can with 3.5 Black. 3.5 is king. 4G is a good mouse but because Razer seriously sucks and cant understand that for competitive games style adding smoothing effect is no god.
Gaming
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz Geforce GTX 970 OC 16GB 840 Pro 256GB SSD + WD 500GB 
OSMonitorMouseMouse Pad
Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift Zowie EC2 EVO CL QCK Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(8 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 2500K @ 4.5 Ghz Geforce GTX 970 OC 16GB 840 Pro 256GB SSD + WD 500GB 
OSMonitorMouseMouse Pad
Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift Zowie EC2 EVO CL QCK Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post

I have DA 3.5 and 4, and hate 4, because of that smoothing effect, i just cant get those flick shoots like i can with 3.5 Black. 3.5 is king. 4G is a good mouse but because Razer seriously sucks and cant understand that for competitive games style adding smoothing effect is no god.
Yeah, that's what most people say. The sensor on the 4G is good but the smoothing just kills it. Accuracy is super important for me and any sort of smoothing or acceleration isn't cool. I'll go with the 3.5G smile.gif
Define
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX 6GB @ 1500MHz 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB Noctua NH-U14S 3x Noctua NF-A14 FLX 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell U2713HM Dell U2312HM Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake (MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W Fractal Design Define R5 Black Mionix Naos 7000 SteelSeries QcK 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 650 Fostex TH-X00 Ebony Schiit Modi Multibit Schiit Asgard 2 
Other
TP-LINK Archer T9E  
  hide details  
Reply
Define
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti STRIX 6GB @ 1500MHz 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial MX100 512GB Noctua NH-U14S 3x Noctua NF-A14 FLX 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Dell U2713HM Dell U2312HM Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake (MX Brown) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W Fractal Design Define R5 Black Mionix Naos 7000 SteelSeries QcK 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 650 Fostex TH-X00 Ebony Schiit Modi Multibit Schiit Asgard 2 
Other
TP-LINK Archer T9E  
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4dd View Post

Was your hate because of the reported "smoothing", or did your 4G track differently so that you disliked it versus your previous generation DeathAdder?

I hardly noticed the smoothing, it was just the mouse was badand an overall downgrade. The rough surface made my hand itch, the rubber side grips arent perfectly flush so it has edges which annoy my hand. The clicks where better though, but the black edition is better in every way for me.
post #9 of 9
there is some but Its not high to have a major effect on your gameplay I honestly when back to using my 3.5g though I love the feeling of the 450 900 and 1800 dpi steps
Gaming Setup
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z77 Extreme6 Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB  OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SATA COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO  Windows 8.1 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Razer Blackwidow 2014 Thermaltake Smart M 850W Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Latch Side P... 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 2013 SteelSeries QCK + Astro A40 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Setup
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z77 Extreme6 Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB  OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SATA COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO  Windows 8.1 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Razer Blackwidow 2014 Thermaltake Smart M 850W Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Latch Side P... 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 2013 SteelSeries QCK + Astro A40 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Deathadder 3.5G vs 4G