Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Overclocking help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclocking help

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I just built my first computer. I need help on step by step guide on how to OVERCLOCK my system(im scared to ruin it). This is the first time,so i dont know much about it.
(I got GA-Z87X-UD4H MOBO
RADEON HD 7950
TX650 CORSAIR
H90 CORSAIR
1TB WD BLACK
8 GB MEMORY
Thermaltake mk-1 case)
●JUST SOME iNFO ON MY COMPUTER PART●
THANK U SO MUCH!!!
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gct30 View Post

I just built my first computer. I need help on step by step guide on how to OVERCLOCK my system(im scared to ruin it). This is the first time,so i dont know much about it.
(I got GA-Z87X-UD4H MOBO
RADEON HD 7950
TX650 CORSAIR
H90 CORSAIR
1TB WD BLACK
8 GB MEMORY
Thermaltake mk-1 case)
●JUST SOME iNFO ON MY COMPUTER PART●
THANK U SO MUCH!!!

How about you put your system into RigBuilder, here.

Next, what processor do you have?

What are your expectations for OCing?

Do you have any goals in mind when OCing?

What programs are you using?

Any how, here is a guide on OCN: http://www.overclock.net/t/1401976/the-gigabyte-z87-haswell-overclocking-oc-guide/270
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Am sorry i forgot to mention my processor. Its intel i5 4670k.
I wanna use my computer for gamings.
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gct30 View Post

Am sorry i forgot to mention my processor. Its intel i5 4670k.
I wanna use my computer for gamings.

Then you will benefit mostly from OCing your graphics card as well:

Here is a nice guide on how to OC your HD7950 using AMD Over Drive (I don't recommend) and MSI After Burner (I recommend), here.http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/radeon_hd_7950_overclock_guide,1.html
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Thank u very much sir.
My intel i5 i think has a stock of 3.5 ghz
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gct30 View Post

Thank u very much sir.
My intel i5 i think has a stock of 3.5 ghz

An i5 - 4670K at stock settings is pretty good for gaming. Increasing the multiplier on stock voltages will help little with gaining frame rates. Make sure to OC your HD 7950 to get the best increase in frame rates!

Good luck and have fun OCing! Make sure to post any questions that you might have on this thread. We as a community will help you as much as possible!
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Oh i read the link u gave me,it so scary icverclocking the device. If i made it wrong,my systems gonna die.
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
By the way,i mean,i have a saphire 7950 vapor x
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Overclocking help