Originally Posted by TwilightEscape
That's been my thoughts watching this thread. The mod is indeed impressive, yes, but there is a TON of people that makes mods for Skyrim, and other games, many of which show many other skillsets beyond what this provides. I want to try it out to see what is all included but from watching the video it just looks like a new storyline on a new map with the basic additions of quests, music, items, etc. Quite frankly I would only be impress if he expanded Skyrim into the actual Elder Scrolls world like High Rock or Cyrodiil. Not saying his work isn't impressive, I just really wouldn't hire someone over making a mod who is also expecting that mod to be a resume of his skillset.
Also this video is 8 months old? Why is this just now being reported on? Did he not originally make the mod as his "resume" and was just like "why not?"
- An entirely new land independant of Tamriel, roughly the size of 2-3 Skyrim holds.
- 20-30+ hours of gameplay.
- 26 quests, including a 9 quest long main story, and 17 side quests! (Along with some unmarked content)
- New items including new books, recipes, weapons and armor sets. (A mix of brand new, and retextured)
- Two new spells and a new shout.
- A bard with several unique new songs.
- A soundtrack containing 14 brand new tracks composed by Adamm Khuevrr just for Falskaar, adding more than 40 minutes of new music!
- A fully voiced experience, featuring almost 30 semi-professional and professional voice actors and actresses.
This is from the nexus page. That's quite a bit of new content and the fact he finished it is impressive on its own. To have coordinated everything and to have that much ambition is pretty awesome and the mod shows he really knows his way around the tools and can be a great asset. I know the tools that Bethesda uses are probably a little more advanced, but I'm sure it wouldn't take him long to adapt.
From what it seems like, he did start this with trying to get a job at Bethesda in mind. The mod only recently released fully and prior to this it was in a beta of sort (apparently it was tested quite a bit to make sure it was of quality).
So no, this isn't just some simple mod. I have never seen a mod to this scale with the same level of quality. Like it has been pointed out, most mods of this scale don't even end up finished and none of them are really as ambitious either.