Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 1014

post #10131 of 19539
What's the point of buying a 4770K and then turning off HT? Or testing with HT off if you intend to run with it on?
post #10132 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

What's the point of buying a 4770K and then turning off HT? Or testing with HT off if you intend to run with it on?

I did it for troubleshooting, for example you can have 46x without HT be 100% solid yet break when you enable HT

There's also the fact that you can vcore check with prime 27.9 1344 fft without having to use HT, and it will still demand a chunk more vcore than x264+ht, it seems

I bench without HT also on higher speeds (as ht adds a lot of heat), though i could probably do gaming benches with HT enabled anyway
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10133 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

What's the point of buying a 4770K and then turning off HT? Or testing with HT off if you intend to run with it on?

Some things that run on >4 threads do run better with HT off, 4770k gives you both options.
But I do agree, when testing stability I do it with HT & save a daily profile, & have an HT disabled profile (if I don't have a same gen chip without HT as well).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10134 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

What's the point of buying a 4770K and then turning off HT? Or testing with HT off if you intend to run with it on?

Was that directed at me?
post #10135 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk16 View Post

Was that directed at me?

Yeah, I was curious what your strategy/long-term plan was. Benching and hoping for a better bin from a 4770K?
post #10136 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

Yeah, I was curious what your strategy/long-term plan was. Benching and hoping for a better bin from a 4770K?

um think you need to look at my sig again.... Warning: did you look at my sig?! (Click to show)
also have no need for an i7
if i did because of multi threading i would have stayed amd
at least i know how to oc them.

but now settings that i knew where stable give me a bsod on start up
and on start-up after bsod windows keeps asking if i want to run a start up repair.

so im really starting to think my oc's ar stable its windows messing up on me and i need to reinstall.
post #10137 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk16 View Post

um think you need to look at my sig again.... Warning: did you look at my sig?! (Click to show)
also have no need for an i7
if i did because of multi threading i would have stayed amd
at least i know how to oc them.

but now settings that i knew where stable give me a bsod on start up
and on start-up after bsod windows keeps asking if i want to run a start up repair.

so im really starting to think my oc's ar stable its windows messing up on me and i need to reinstall.

I couldn't look at your sig because I was on mobile (why don't they support that anyway?), I was going on your comment that you had HT disabled. I didn't expect someone with a 4670K to specify a setting for HT.
post #10138 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

I couldn't look at your sig because I was on mobile (why don't they support that anyway?), I was going on your comment that you had HT disabled. I didn't expect someone with a 4670K to specify a setting for HT.
i just did it to cover all the bases to make sure it wasnt something like that making me unstable.

also stock i run fine at 1.069v but the moment i oc it get bsod out the a.....
could it be that windows home prem doesnt support ocing or something software wise?
because like i said something that was stable last boot up is no longer stable.
post #10139 of 19539
Quote:
because like i said something that was stable last boot up is no longer stable.

It was never stable ^.^

"Didn't crash for a while" is not really the same as stable
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10140 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

It was never stable ^.^

"Didn't crash for a while" is not really the same as stable

then i must have a really crappy chip
1.27-1.28v for 4.2ghz

still think its windows though
keeps asking me to do a start up repair.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]