Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 1211

post #12101 of 19539
spec.
mb gigabyte z87x ud5h bios F9
cpu 4670k
dissy CM 612s
ram patriot viper 3 intel extreme 2133
ali xfx 850w
vid amd 6950
hd 8x 2tb




first step
cpu x41 @ 1.200 fixed
uncore x35 @ auto voltage (1.08)
ram 1600 con xmp off @ 1.500
vrin auto (1.77)
temp nella norma

next x42 ... but need 1.26 vcore to be stable!!!

suggestion? all test done with x264 because this in main job of pc
post #12102 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom24 View Post

I got BSod with the error clock watchdog timeout twice. From searching this thread, I found some mixed answers, but most pointed to increasing the VCCIN. However, no one confirmed that this worked for them. Would this be the best course of action, or should I change something else?

Can be vcore and/or VRIN, just need logging and experimentation
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12103 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***wfs View Post

...seem like when i stress, my antivirus just turns of automatically (signs of unstability)...


Unless you are trying to insinuate something else.., this claim is preposterous.
The fact that prime can stop one or two of the workers due to instability, or x264 stop the encoding for the same reason, does not mean that the antivirus will behave the same way.
The antivirus does not use anywhere near the amount of resources that prime or x264 do, and if the OC is stable enough for the OS then is stable enough for the antivirus.
If the addition of the x264 workload takes the system into the "unstable" ground, it will be the x264 that stops not the antivirus.

Most (if not all) AV solutions out there, have separated exe's for the GUI and the 'real time' and 'on demand' scanners, and the fact that the tray icon is gone does not mean the AV has been shut down.
If this was just your non-expert opinion, you should have said so, not leave room for interpretation (like one of the stress test that you use might be an elaborated virus in disguise).

I'm not accusing you of being devious because you started with "seems like...", but some that know less than you might take your claim as a warning.
I'm not being petulant either.., i'm only saying that the claimed "scenario" is as likely as winning the lottery.
post #12104 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelotti View Post

Unless you are trying to insinuate something else.., this claim is preposterous.
The fact that prime can stop one or two of the workers due to instability, or x264 stop the encoding for the same reason, does not mean that the antivirus will behave the same way.
The antivirus does not use anywhere near the amount of resources that prime or x264 do, and if the OC is stable enough for the OS then is stable enough for the antivirus.
If the addition of the x264 workload takes the system into the "unstable" ground, it will be the x264 that stops not the antivirus.

Most (if not all) AV solutions out there, have separated exe's for the GUI and the 'real time' and 'on demand' scanners, and the fact that the tray icon is gone does not mean the AV has been shut down.
If this was just your non-expert opinion, you should have said so, not leave room for interpretation (like one of the stress test that you use might be an elaborated virus in disguise).

I'm not accusing you of being devious because you started with "seems like...", but some that know less than you might take your claim as a warning.
I'm not being petulant either.., i'm only saying that the claimed "scenario" is as likely as winning the lottery.

man seems like mis-com here... im not sure of y my anti virus was off.. anw it was nt the stress fault... my bad,
post #12105 of 19539
http://postimg.org/gallery/3enh5ka0/ ...This is my Bios adjustments ...I cant get stable .I tryied from 1.175 to 1.320 V and nothing is stable ...I read the guide here but nothing helped me cause the error i am getting is 0x00000124 all the time...I am running windows 8,1 cpu 4770k motherboard msi m power z87 ram kingston hyper x 4x4 gpu gigabyte 770 psu corsair gs 800 ssd kingston SSdNow
post #12106 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosprob View Post

http://postimg.org/gallery/3enh5ka0/ ...This is my Bios adjustments ...I cant get stable .I tryied from 1.175 to 1.320 V and nothing is stable ...I read the guide here but nothing helped me cause the error i am getting is 0x00000124 all the time...I am running windows 8,1 cpu 4770k motherboard msi m power z87 ram kingston hyper x 4x4 gpu gigabyte 770 psu corsair gs 800 ssd kingston SSdNow

Put your Ring Ratio on 33 and manually give it 1.15v

Also change VCCIN. Use about 1.8 if you're near 1.2vcore and 1.9 if you're near 1.3vcore.
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12107 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosprob View Post

http://postimg.org/gallery/3enh5ka0/ ...This is my Bios adjustments ...I cant get stable .I tryied from 1.175 to 1.320 V and nothing is stable ...I read the guide here but nothing helped me cause the error i am getting is 0x00000124 all the time...I am running windows 8,1 cpu 4770k motherboard msi m power z87 ram kingston hyper x 4x4 gpu gigabyte 770 psu corsair gs 800 ssd kingston SSdNow

Something isn't right. If it were me, I'd load Optimized defaults and start from scratch.

A few notes from my experience:

- Make sure you have the latest BIOS;
- After loading Optimized Defaults what is the CPU voltage shown in BIOS?
- Before starting to overclock, you might want to turn CSTATES OFF until you find stability. You don't however have to. While doing my OC my Cstates were ON with the following options - C-States Enable/ C1E Support Enable/ C-State Auto;
- Setting your Ring Multiplier to 35/36 might help finding stability on core OC;
- Set Ring voltage to 1.225;
- Set Memory at 1333 and leave SA/Analog and Digital Voltages on Auto
- Keep in mind that the more intensive the test get the higher the temps will get.
- Set Core Multiplier to Fixed/42, voltage to Override/1.250V and Set VCCIN to 1.85 and boot into windows. Pick a stress test and let it complete.
I usually start with Cinebench, then test with XTU, then test with P95 Small FFT, then with IBT on High/Very High/Maximum and then BF4 64 player server.
- If you are able to pass the tests up to IBT on High/Very High I would call the OC mostly stable with work still to be done. At this point I would raise the multiplier by 1 and start the tests over. Repeat until you feel that you have reached your voltage/temp ceiling.

How high can you go on core with the above settings and at least pass IBT High 10pass?
post #12108 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Put your Ring Ratio on 33 and manually give it 1.15v

Also change VCCIN. Use about 1.8 if you're near 1.2vcore and 1.9 if you're near 1.3vcore.
Tryied that and failed after 35 minutes on occt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbakalski View Post

Something isn't right. If it were me, I'd load Optimized defaults and start from scratch.

A few notes from my experience:

- Make sure you have the latest BIOS;
- After loading Optimized Defaults what is the CPU voltage shown in BIOS?
- Before starting to overclock, you might want to turn CSTATES OFF until you find stability. You don't however have to. While doing my OC my Cstates were ON with the following options - C-States Enable/ C1E Support Enable/ C-State Auto;
- Setting your Ring Multiplier to 35/36 might help finding stability on core OC;
- Set Ring voltage to 1.225;
- Set Memory at 1333 and leave SA/Analog and Digital Voltages on Auto
- Keep in mind that the more intensive the test get the higher the temps will get.
- Set Core Multiplier to Fixed/42, voltage to Override/1.250V and Set VCCIN to 1.85 and boot into windows. Pick a stress test and let it complete.
I usually start with Cinebench, then test with XTU, then test with P95 Small FFT, then with IBT on High/Very High/Maximum and then BF4 64 player server.
- If you are able to pass the tests up to IBT on High/Very High I would call the OC mostly stable with work still to be done. At this point I would raise the multiplier by 1 and start the tests over. Repeat until you feel that you have reached your voltage/temp ceiling.

How high can you go on core with the above settings and at least pass IBT High 10pass?
I have the exact adhustments as you mentioned...and failed after 10 minutes in occt and linpack test....I cant understand why this is happening...it seems no matter the adjustments i will made i will always getting 0x00000124 error
post #12109 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosprob View Post

Tryied that and failed after 35 minutes on occt
I have the exact adhustments as you mentioned...and failed after 10 minutes in occt and linpack test....I cant understand why this is happening...it seems no matter the adjustments i will made i will always getting 0x00000124 error

Pull 2 of the memory modules out of the motherboard and try again.
Could mean the PCH might need some more volts to get 4 modules stable.
post #12110 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosprob View Post

Tryied that and failed after 35 minutes on occt
I have the exact adhustments as you mentioned...and failed after 10 minutes in occt and linpack test....I cant understand why this is happening...it seems no matter the adjustments i will made i will always getting 0x00000124 error

Those are two of the hardest tests out there, just try to pass x264 first.
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]