Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 234

post #2331 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo4700 View Post

When I set my CPU to 3.8Ghz just right now and vcore at auto, it BIOS loads up with 1.134 volt.

So if that is true, I guess I had too low volt for 4Ghz? Because at 4Ghz my last attepmt where I further raided the vcore, were 1.13 volt

So if the BIOS can be trusted, that could mean I might even need 1.18 volt for 4Ghz - / + ?

All CPU chips are different, i can boot to 4.0Ghz with 1.060vcore, but for 4.2Ghz i need 1.16vcore , thats stable
post #2332 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo4700 View Post

When I set my CPU to 3.8Ghz just right now and vcore at auto, it BIOS loads up with 1.134 volt.

So if that is true, I guess I had too low volt for 4Ghz? Because at 4Ghz my last attepmt where I further raided the vcore, were 1.13 volt

So if the BIOS can be trusted, that could mean I might even need 1.18 volt for 4Ghz - / + ?

Well, auto will always draw more voltage then is really needed but if that's what it draws to post with for 3.8 i would say that you will need the same or more voltage for a higher frequency, yes.
You also need to note that idle and load voltage isn't the same.
post #2333 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo4700 View Post

When I set my CPU to 3.8Ghz just right now and vcore at auto, it BIOS loads up with 1.134 volt.

So if that is true, I guess I had too low volt for 4Ghz? Because at 4Ghz my last attepmt where I further raided the vcore, were 1.13 volt

So if the BIOS can be trusted, that could mean I might even need 1.18 volt for 4Ghz - / + ?

Why you are so afraid to go up with voltage? Everithing below 1.3 is 99% safe. Just set yours vcore in BIOS to 1.25 and multipler to 45. If it boots you have good cpu. if not, lower the multipler,or apply more voltage. Even at 1.26-1.28 it would be good. Mine 4670k its capable to do 4.3 ghz at 1.285 without touching any other voltages, and uncore/cache at stock x34 with voltage 1.050. So just test yours. It is the better way, than going up with voltage by 0.02 after hours of testing prime or some other... If you can boot then test, and then raise volts.
post #2334 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAge View Post

Major advantage of Prime95 CustomFFT: you may stress certain voltages.

864K/1344K for VCore
720K for VTT = analog / digital I/O
768K for VCCSA / System Agent
448K for Input Voltage / VCCIN / VRIN (different names for different mobo brands)
512K/576K for Cache/VRing Voltage
how did you come up with those values mate?

does anyone have an idea on how to stress the memory overclocks? i think i'm done with clocking the CPU and cache, now want to squeeze in every performance i can from RAM. my sticks don't go above 1600 at any CL value or at any voltage value. nor do they like to run at CL8 at 1600 at any voltage. i have changed from 9/9/9/24/2T to 9/8/8/20/1T. no idea how helpful they are. just wanna test if those settings are stable. any help is appreciated.
post #2335 of 19539
yeah, I guess my low vcore, were the cause of system freeze and BSOD. My max attempt were still only 1.13 for the CPU at 4Ghz.

I guess I was just so feed up with the constant crashes, that I didnt wanted to bother with higher vcore, to keep it stable at 4GHz.

Another thing that annoys me a little, is Kazed comments regarding my BSOD / freeze earlier
"Could very well be your sound card if it is a creative"

I mean comon, how much logic is there in that?
Edited by wendigo4700 - 9/10/13 at 7:59am
The devils pc.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690K MSI Z87-G45 Asus strix gtx 980 G.Skill TridentX, 8GBx2, 2400MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1x Samsung 840 PRO 256GB Phanteks ph-tc14pe w/ BeQuiet SW2 550RPM  Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Sony FW900 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek eclipse II BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro P11 550w Lian Li PC-8FIB  Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
QPAD CT Medium 4mm Creative SoundBlaster ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
The devils pc.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690K MSI Z87-G45 Asus strix gtx 980 G.Skill TridentX, 8GBx2, 2400MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1x Samsung 840 PRO 256GB Phanteks ph-tc14pe w/ BeQuiet SW2 550RPM  Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Sony FW900 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek eclipse II BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro P11 550w Lian Li PC-8FIB  Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
QPAD CT Medium 4mm Creative SoundBlaster ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2336 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo4700 View Post

yeah, I guess my low vcore, were the cause of system freeze and BSOD. My max attempt were still only 1.13 for the CPU at 4Ghz.

I guess I was just so feed up with the constant crashes, that I didnt wanted to bother with higher vcore, to keep it stable at 4GHz.

Another thing that annoys me a little, is Kazed comments regarding my BSOD / freeze earlier
"Could very well be your sound card if it is a creative"

I mean comon, how much logic is there in that?

Well there's a lot of logic, any hardware can cause a bsod but if it's related to your overclock i can't answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anusha View Post

how did you come up with those values mate?

does anyone have an idea on how to stress the memory overclocks? i think i'm done with clocking the CPU and cache, now want to squeeze in every performance i can from RAM. my sticks don't go above 1600 at any CL value or at any voltage value. nor do they like to run at CL8 at 1600 at any voltage. i have changed from 9/9/9/24/2T to 9/8/8/20/1T. no idea how helpful they are. just wanna test if those settings are stable. any help is appreciated.

Try Memtest http://www.memtest86.com/
post #2337 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo4700 View Post

All this messing around, just to hit 4Ghz. Its ridiculously. It would be understandable if I were messing with the bus speed + uncore speed + multiplier all at the same time. But no. Its just the bloody multiplier.
I'm gonna give up now, and throttle down my CPU.

The max it can be pushed to if intel turbo boost were enabled, is 3.8GHz, right? So if I put it to 3.8GHz, I shouldnt have to touch any voltages at all?
i don't understand this. you have a great air cooler. why cannot your just set 1.25V on the Vcore and see how far it will take you? you don't have to use the extremely stressful stress tests. use intel XTU for 8hrs for 95% stability or so. rest you just use your PC as you normally would - play games, do some video encoding (h.264), run some benchmarks like 3DMark/PCMark, Asus's own Realbench is also a good way to simulate real world usage. if you are stable in them, then you'll probably not get any issues.
post #2338 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyolyn View Post

Well there's a lot of logic, any hardware can cause a bsod but if it's related to your overclock i can't answer.

I dont see any logic at all.

WHY he mentions my creative soundcard only? I've never heard before, that 1 company had an higher rate of BSOD than others.

I just dont see the logic, why he targets my creative soundcard out of nowhere, to be a possible black sheep.
Edited by wendigo4700 - 9/10/13 at 8:09am
The devils pc.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690K MSI Z87-G45 Asus strix gtx 980 G.Skill TridentX, 8GBx2, 2400MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1x Samsung 840 PRO 256GB Phanteks ph-tc14pe w/ BeQuiet SW2 550RPM  Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Sony FW900 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek eclipse II BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro P11 550w Lian Li PC-8FIB  Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
QPAD CT Medium 4mm Creative SoundBlaster ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
The devils pc.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4690K MSI Z87-G45 Asus strix gtx 980 G.Skill TridentX, 8GBx2, 2400MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1x Samsung 840 PRO 256GB Phanteks ph-tc14pe w/ BeQuiet SW2 550RPM  Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Sony FW900 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek eclipse II BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro P11 550w Lian Li PC-8FIB  Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
QPAD CT Medium 4mm Creative SoundBlaster ZxR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2339 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyolyn View Post

Try Memtest http://www.memtest86.com/
would that only stress the RAM? what if the memory controller goes nuts when the CPU is at full overclock mode? i'm don't think (not sure thought) memtest makes the CPU run at 100% as well.

maybe XTU's memory test is a good way to stress? or is there a custom setting in Prime95 to stress the memory?
post #2340 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendigo4700 View Post

I dont see any logic at all.

WHY he mentions my creative soundcard only? I've never heard before, that 1 company had an higher rate of BSOD than others.

I just dont see the logic, why he targets my creative soundcard out of nowhere, to be a possible black sheep.

because quite often its true with creative and their soundcard drivers , it happens alot with their drivers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]