Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 241

post #2401 of 19539
I have an asus z87plus, at the beginning I was using manual but the VCORE and FREQ were fix, then someone suggested to use the balance profile in windows control panel, and now both FREQ and VCORE changes with the CPU load. But since everyones is talking about the adaptive mode I just wanted to confirm if it does something else, now I see that it doesn't
post #2402 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwizzie View Post

I tried setting 1.25v on stock cache, I recall the bsod still occuring. frown.gif

Did you saw this threads?

http://dri.ibuypower.com/tm.aspx?m=91075&mpage=1

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264923-bsod-using-killer-e2200-pci-e-network-card.html

Our G45 have this card on board, so maybe this is causing yours BSODS, check it out.
post #2403 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0rdraiden View Post

I have asked this a couple of times and nobody has answered, I would appreciate if someone takes the effort to do it

I was using adaptive mode to get the CPU voltage scale with the CPU FREQ. I have put now the voltage on manual and the CPU Vcore and Freq are also scaling, so what is the point (advantage) of the adaptive mode over the manual?

Thanks in advance

In theory, with manual voltage the voltage would stay fixed no matter what the frequency, while in adaptive it would drop at idle, but it seems like some motherboard manufactures made manual behave pretty much the same as adaptive. So as long as your voltage is dropping at idle, there's no real advantage to adaptive over manual.
post #2404 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

In theory, with manual voltage the voltage would stay fixed no matter what the frequency, while in adaptive it would drop at idle, but it seems like some motherboard manufactures made manual behave pretty much the same as adaptive. So as long as your voltage is dropping at idle, there's no real advantage to adaptive over manual.

Ok, thanks

Do you know why when I run Prime all the cores do not stay at 4.4? the are all the time moving between 3.8 and 4.4Ghz

My oc is:
4670K
Manual VCORE: 1.210
All cores ratio: 44
BCLK and CPU Strap 100Mhz
Min CPU cache ratio: Auto
Max CPU cache ratio: 35
post #2405 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0rdraiden View Post

Ok, thanks

Do you know why when I run Prime all the cores do not stay at 4.4? the are all the time moving between 3.8 and 4.4Ghz

My oc is:
4670K
Manual VCORE: 1.210
All cores ratio: 44
BCLK and CPU Strap 100Mhz
Min CPU cache ratio: Auto
Max CPU cache ratio: 35

What motherboard do you have? This is just guessing but there are a couple settings in andvanced chipset features that limit your cpu's max allowed wat/amp usuage and tells it to throttle if those are exceeded. On my board with auto it won't throttle but others may. You can up those limits to be sure. Also I assume you aren't hitting 100C ?
PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS Z170M-PLUS Asus Strix 1070 Gskill 4X4GB DDR4 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 512GB SSD Plextor M7VC 512GB SSD LG DVD Multi external Noctua NH-U9S + Noctua x2 + Be Quiet x2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win-10 Dell S2417DG  Logitech G710+ EVGA 550W Gold  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair SPEC-M2 Mionix 7000 Razer Sound Blaster Omni USB 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS Z170M-PLUS Asus Strix 1070 Gskill 4X4GB DDR4 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 512GB SSD Plextor M7VC 512GB SSD LG DVD Multi external Noctua NH-U9S + Noctua x2 + Be Quiet x2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win-10 Dell S2417DG  Logitech G710+ EVGA 550W Gold  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair SPEC-M2 Mionix 7000 Razer Sound Blaster Omni USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2406 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman900 View Post

What motherboard do you have? This is just guessing but there are a couple settings in andvanced chipset features that limit your cpu's max allowed wat/amp usuage and tells it to throttle if those are exceeded. On my board with auto it won't throttle but others may. You can up those limits to be sure. Also I assume you aren't hitting 100C ?

I have an Asus Plus, temps are around 65-75ºC (27ºC ambient) (silver arrow sb-e) with prime and OCCT, I hope you can tell me where the setting is.
Edited by l0rdraiden - 9/11/13 at 4:48am
post #2407 of 19539
Why is the VCore(HWM) higher than my VID(HWM)/Core Voltage(CPUZ)?

I have an MSI z87-GD65. When in the bios, I have my cpu voltage set to 1.31V, but then below that it shows Current CPU Voltage and it is 1.336V. How do I get these numbers to match up? Is it even an issue? I can just pay attention to the higher voltage I guess.

post #2408 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMower View Post

Why is the VCore(HWM) higher than my VID(HWM)/Core Voltage(CPUZ)?

I have an MSI z87-GD65. When in the bios, I have my cpu voltage set to 1.31V, but then below that it shows Current CPU Voltage and it is 1.336V. How do I get these numbers to match up? Is it even an issue? I can just pay attention to the higher voltage I guess.


CPU-Z is showing VID. HWinfo and HWmonitor are showing vcore, and its usually higher about 0.1-0.25 than the VID. To prevent this you could apply offset to the vcore voltage in BIOS.
post #2409 of 19539
Would applying that offset do anything to improve stability? If I applied a negative offset to the vcore, would I need to increase VID to maintain stability?
post #2410 of 19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMower View Post

Would applying that offset do anything to improve stability? If I applied a negative offset to the vcore, would I need to increase VID to maintain stability?

Applying offset = exact voltage that you set in BIOS will be in windows. But You must to calculate offset according to Bios and readings in wondows. I have 1.300 in BIOS, and hwinfo shows 1.325, so to get 1.300 in Windows I need to apply - offset of 0.025
Edited by BrX1991 - 9/11/13 at 6:23am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]