Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 261

post #2601 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by [CyGnus] View Post

Try cinebench with 38 or 40 and see the result's with me i have better score at 38 (9.83) vs 40 or 42 (not even reaches 9.70)


I broke 10 points at 4.5ghz uncore @44, are you running cinebench in realtime prio or is your RAM just much worse than my samsungs @2400 10-11-13-28 1t with 96tRFC?
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2602 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menphisto 
Is a uncore voltage of 1.23v safe 24/7?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwizzie 
Yes. You're fine.

Probably not unless its the CPU is delided, at 1.340 volts not even an H220 can keep it from throttling in synthetics like Prime95 SmallFTT.
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2603 of 19540
Sure, but avx2 synthetics draw more power (and thus create more heat) at 4ghz 1.1vcore for me than 4.7ghz 1.3vcore video encoding or doing actual real world stuff that'll max my CPU
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2604 of 19540
Pretty much decided my cpu is garbage. I feel like I have tried every voltage, speed, combination and for anything above 4.5 ghz it needs 1.325 on vcore to even do anything. I haven't even tried stress testing.

On the verge of returning all of this. Getting fed up.

Edit: Exchanging boards before I give up on haswell.
Edited by bond32 - 9/15/13 at 7:39am
post #2605 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

Pretty much decided my cpu is garbage. I feel like I have tried every voltage, speed, combination and for anything above 4.5 ghz it needs 1.325 on vcore to even do anything. I haven't even tried stress testing.

On the verge of returning all of this. Getting fed up.

Edit: Exchanging boards before I give up on haswell.

Cant understand your thinking. What is the obsession with clock speed? for what reason do you need so much clock speed? pro bencher? gamer? 4770k@4.5 is super fast lol I came from 8320@5ghz as you have come from Amd and it is night and day. Not even comparable. Uses far less power and is much faster. I have mine now at 4.5 under water and can game with my corsair sp120 fans@500rpm in complete silence. This is the best money I have ever spent on computer components.
post #2606 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

Pretty much decided my cpu is garbage. I feel like I have tried every voltage, speed, combination and for anything above 4.5 ghz it needs 1.325 on vcore to even do anything. I haven't even tried stress testing.

On the verge of returning all of this. Getting fed up.

Edit: Exchanging boards before I give up on haswell.

Boards don't change much for haswell. Try a bios update first
post #2607 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-id10t View Post

Can't see this being true. I'd say 99% of us disable it already and we still see what we see, unless it's actually running without being able to see it anywhere! The note about before installing OS .. not sure why that'd matter.

add: also I've done Win8 "refresh" and "reinstall everything" multiple times since getting this.. no change of course. So unless someone goes out and does a format/secure erase on their drive and then comes saying all is magical now.. I just can't see it.

I agree, it sounds too good to be true and if it is that effective I would think it would be common knowledge by now. That's why I was seeing if anybody here could back up the claim. I think im stable at 4.7 right now so I plan on testing it anyway tomorrow just to check. 30c drop seems insane. My load temps would be under 40c, so yeah not expecting that kind of drop.
Upgrade bug
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6800k Asus X99 Deluxe II MSI 980ti Gaming 6G MSI 980ti Gaming 6G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LED (4x8) Samsung 850Evo Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Black 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H105 Windows 10 pro Asus PB287Q Razer Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA 1300w G2 Corsair Air 540 steelseries sensei 
  hide details  
Reply
Upgrade bug
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6800k Asus X99 Deluxe II MSI 980ti Gaming 6G MSI 980ti Gaming 6G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LED (4x8) Samsung 850Evo Seagate Barracuda Western Digital Black 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H105 Windows 10 pro Asus PB287Q Razer Black Widow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA 1300w G2 Corsair Air 540 steelseries sensei 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2608 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

Cant understand your thinking. What is the obsession with clock speed? for what reason do you need so much clock speed? pro bencher? gamer? 4770k@4.5 is super fast lol I came from 8320@5ghz as you have come from Amd and it is night and day. Not even comparable. Uses far less power and is much faster. I have mine now at 4.5 under water and can game with my corsair sp120 fans@500rpm in complete silence. This is the best money I have ever spent on computer components.

If I absolutely have to accept something like 4.5 ghz, provided I can get it stable, then I see no sense in spending $370 on the board I have (maximus vi extreme). I wanted the best chance to get the highest overclock, while I would be disappointed if I cant get much higher than this I am def not spending that much on a board when I can get a cheaper board to do the same.

And all that aside I STILL haven't stabilized anything, even with absurdly high voltages.

Edit: Had this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRJUG10/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CU4L6DE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Edited by bond32 - 9/15/13 at 8:16am
post #2609 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond32 View Post

If I absolutely have to accept something like 4.5 ghz, provided I can get it stable, then I see no sense in spending $370 on the board I have (maximus vi extreme). I wanted the best chance to get the highest overclock, while I would be disappointed if I cant get much higher than this I am def not spending that much on a board when I can get a cheaper board to do the same.

And all that aside I STILL haven't stabilized anything, even with absurdly high voltages.

Edit: Had this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRJUG10/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CU4L6DE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the Maximus gene for two reasons, I wanted a Rog board and I wanted m/atx, I watched a lot of reviews beforehand and from my understanding of this chipset/cpu architecture it is as likely to oc the same on a mid range board as the extreme high end on air or water. It differs greatly from what we are used to with overclocking Amd as only the higher end boards can supply the power through the vrm as you know. So your last point regards no point having an expensive board is valid imo if has nothing extra in feature set you need, like I said I did not buy the gene to oc further but for preference.
post #2610 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

I bought the Maximus gene for two reasons, I wanted a Rog board and I wanted m/atx, I watched a lot of reviews beforehand and from my understanding of this chipset/cpu architecture it is as likely to oc the same on a mid range board as the extreme high end on air or water. It differs greatly from what we are used to with overclocking Amd as only the higher end boards can supply the power through the vrm as you know. So your last point regards no point having an expensive board is valid imo if has nothing extra in feature set you need, like I said I did not buy the gene to oc further but for preference.

Yeah, I watched a ton of reviews too. I narrowed my search between the two I linked, honestly I had decided on the gigabyte. Then on a whim I ordered the ROG board.

You are right too, from the AMD experience the best overclocks come from the best VRM components/cooling/circuits however I don't think that's entirely true for haswell.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]