for my 5ghz profile i havto keep uncore 500mhz less than core to maintain stability so 5.0-4.5uncore but i dont run that 24/7 anymore anywas you obv gota it down lol
but on the ram i found anything past 2666mhz required me to run an offset of SA 0.180+ and 0.110+ on IO etc to maintain stability on ram at 2933 even 2800 required i think 0.150+ on SA
but under 2600mhz i think defualt was working good
Did you run LC or SB with that? Std strap/bclk?
Cool cool. After testing till late last night and throughout today i've come to the conclusion that my previous VCCIN setting was probably just a lucky one off. Couldn't figure out why i could loose stability by adjusting it and core slightly either way. I knew i was close so started again, this time testing core from 1.32 upwards and VCCIN from 1.95 upwards. Took a long time changing in small increments but think i've finally nailed it. Core set at 1.35v again (BIOS) and now running 2.125v VCCIN. Methodology was to set multi, set core then run through vccin in .025v increments up to 2.175v. If there was any sign of unstability then raise vcore by .005v then repeat.
I used x264 to stress as i've found it the best to gauge where you're at with regards to stability. The closer you get the longer it runs and it's easy to see exactly where it crashes due to the run/pass count and % count. Once stable in x264 ran XTU bench. Passed absolutely no problem never dropping a single core which i did now and again with the previous settings. It's now approaching 4hrs of a 9hr15min XTU stress. Previous settings failed just under 8hrs, i'm now quite optimistic this run will go the full distance. XTU seems to fail mostly around the 1st hour or the 8th hour so fingers crossed.
I also put the struggle to raise uncore down to the core not being rock solid. By struggle i mean i couldn't even get near x40 with 1.25v.
At the same time i ended up getting 01E BSOD's. Ended up being a nVidia problem after installing the BF4 drivers. Surprise surprise. Only myself to blame though as i only wiped the display drivers and ended up with 2x nVidia sound drivers installed and the Realtek. Ended up wiping the lot, reinstalled and had no problems.
Also upgraded the mPower BIOS to 1.64. Totally forgot to re-installl the ME driver and ended up with a nightmare. Auto chkdsk, repairs, boot repairs etc till i twigged what i'd done. All sorted now though, phew!
Just hope there's no issues taking uncore up tomorrow. Must admit i'll be totally stoked if there's no problem and x42 uncore will do me fine. When O/C'ing at x49core i found next to no difference from x42 up to x45 uncore. IIRC x44 was the sweet spot on that one.
Anyway, enough ranting, got to go sort out a box of W/C gear that turned up today!
*Wiz - I'll post stable O/C once uncore RAM is sorted for changing the chart info.
Edited by Doug2507 - 10/3/13 at 10:12pm