Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 50

post #491 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryude View Post

If you start throttling, then you probably won't even be able to use that overclock for daily usage. Temps are usually 20C lower than stress test.


i havent seen any throttling yet. onwards to 4.9 i say!
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #492 of 19540
okay tried 4.9 with 1.25v, crashed half way through intel burn test. I upped the volts to 1.3 and it ran fine again, didnt take a pic because the temps were almost 100c and im just focusing on stable at 1.25 for now, when i delid then ill push again.

so, 4.8 for now for me smile.gif
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #493 of 19540
Update on my progress

Been testing with IntelBurnTest...

45x Mult (100 base block)
40x Uncore
1.25 vCore
Auto vUncore
Auto VRIN
1600 mhz RAM (Downclocked from 2400 mhz), at 1.65v

I got half way through, then froze and BSOD'ed.

My temps were being really wacky- one moment 65*C and under, the next 95-100*C.

Any tips here?
post #494 of 19540
This is my second 4770K submission... this CPU is batch L312B515.

All voltages on AUTO unless otherwise noted. 4x8GB 2133Mhz RAM running at DDR3-1333Mhz. Using a Swiftech H220 cooler on an Asus Z87-WS motherboard.

Stability criteria: I use this particular machine for some fun but mostly work so each test (IBT, Prime95 AVX, AVX2 Linpack, h264 video encoding on loop) individually for several days with no crashes.

4.2GHz VCORE 1.20v VRING 1.10v @ 36x
4.3GHz VCORE 1.21v VRING 1.15v @ 36x
4.4GHz VCORE 1.26v VRING 1.15v @ 36x VCCSA +0.10v VRIN 1.81v
4.5GHz VCORE 1.35v VRING 1.15v @ 36x VCCSA +0.10v VRIN 1.83v (Shows thermal throttling on Linpack)

Yes it was tedious to do it this way but I don't accept 30 minute AIDA64 runs or some other not-really-24/7/365-stable overclock because it artificially makes certain CPUs look better than they are. I think I'll drop down to 4.3Ghz rather than try for 4.6Ghz. I'll also bump up the Uncore and RAM frequencies.

I'm not interested in spending time delidding, buying more radiators/fans, etc. because they pay-off isn't worth it. I can pick up a new 4930K or 4960X for half price (which is less than the cost of buying better cooling) whenever I want after they're released to the public so I'll probably head in that direction next.
post #495 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical98 View Post

This is my second 4770K submission... this CPU is batch L312B515.

All voltages on AUTO unless otherwise noted. 4x8GB 2133Mhz RAM running at DDR3-1333Mhz. Using a Swiftech H220 cooler on an Asus Z87-WS motherboard.

Stability criteria: I use this particular machine for some fun but mostly work so each test (IBT, Prime95 AVX, AVX2 Linpack, h264 video encoding on loop) individually for several days with no crashes.

4.2GHz VCORE 1.20v VRING 1.10v @ 36x
4.3GHz VCORE 1.21v VRING 1.15v @ 36x
4.4GHz VCORE 1.26v VRING 1.15v @ 36x VCCSA +0.10v VRIN 1.81v
4.5GHz VCORE 1.35v VRING 1.15v @ 36x VCCSA +0.10v VRIN 1.83v (Shows thermal throttling on Linpack)

Yes it was tedious to do it this way but I don't accept 30 minute AIDA64 runs or some other not-really-24/7/365-stable overclock because it artificially makes certain CPUs look better than they are. I think I'll drop down to 4.3Ghz rather than try for 4.6Ghz. I'll also bump up the Uncore and RAM frequencies.

I'm not interested in spending time delidding, buying more radiators/fans, etc. because they pay-off isn't worth it. I can pick up a new 4930K or 4960X for half price (which is less than the cost of buying better cooling) whenever I want after they're released to the public so I'll probably head in that direction next.

Member try and keep your uncore/ring bus ratio to within 300mhz or so...for example 4.5ghz with uncore of 4.2ghz this keep from any bottlenecking.
GamingRig
(16 items)
 
H-Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPURAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel i7-4770 8gb 2400 Gskill Samsung 840 Pro 120Gb Samsung 840 120gb 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2TB Seagate External Win 8 64-Bit Qnix 2560x1440 120hz Corsair Mech k90 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX860 Plat. Lian Li MATX Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Ironclad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2550k (Stock) MSI Z77 G55 ATI 5xxx 1Gb Corsair 8gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate 500Gb Seagate 2Tb Seagate 2Tb Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows Home Server 2011 LG 1920x1080 600w Corsair Green Asus 
  hide details  
Reply
GamingRig
(16 items)
 
H-Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPURAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel i7-4770 8gb 2400 Gskill Samsung 840 Pro 120Gb Samsung 840 120gb 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2TB Seagate External Win 8 64-Bit Qnix 2560x1440 120hz Corsair Mech k90 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX860 Plat. Lian Li MATX Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Ironclad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2550k (Stock) MSI Z77 G55 ATI 5xxx 1Gb Corsair 8gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate 500Gb Seagate 2Tb Seagate 2Tb Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows Home Server 2011 LG 1920x1080 600w Corsair Green Asus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #496 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clexzor View Post

Member try and keep your uncore/ring bus ratio to within 300mhz or so...for example 4.5ghz with uncore of 4.2ghz this keep from any bottlenecking.

Uncore speed has almost no impact on performance. It's best to leave it at 34 or 36 until you get a good core overclock, them work on raising it. That way it doesn't artificially limit your overclock.
post #497 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

Uncore speed has almost no impact on performance. It's best to leave it at 34 or 36 until you get a good core overclock, them work on raising it. That way it doesn't artificially limit your overclock.


i got my cpu at 4.8ghz 1.25v and uncore of 39 because i left it on auto, is that fine? or should i raise it?
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
LEGION
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 6700K ASUS Maximus VIII Impact EVGA GTX TITAN X G.skill 16gb 3200 ddr4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 pro 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Samsung 840 evo 250gb Ice kings magic. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 10 Wasabi Mango 42" 4k Corsair k70 EVGA 1000w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Caselabs Mercury S3 Razer naga :( sennheiser HD 558 
  hide details  
Reply
post #498 of 19540
Update

45x Mult
40x Uncore
1.25 vCore
1.150 vUncore
1.810v VRIN
1600 mhz RAM @ 1.65v

STABLE (yay)



now: can someone explain the thermal issues? at points during that test it dipped down into the mid 60*C range but jacked up to 99*C at one point.
post #499 of 19540
what does it mean if the cpu speed throttle? is that okay or not?
Encoder PC
(12 items)
 
3D movies
(9 items)
 
HTPC/Gaming PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k asus grphton  4550 4GB (2x2GB) Adata Gaming  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
1x 750GB, WD 640GB, 4x 1TB ( 3x Seagate 1TB & 1... EK Supreme HF (acteal/nickel) Phobya NB Eloop fans  Windows 7 
PowerCaseOtherOther
antec BP 550w SM8 ST30 240 UT60 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+  3450 gskill DDR3-1600 Western Digital  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital  Corsair H50 corsair SP120 Windows 7 
Case
Caselab M8 
  hide details  
Reply
Encoder PC
(12 items)
 
3D movies
(9 items)
 
HTPC/Gaming PC
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k asus grphton  4550 4GB (2x2GB) Adata Gaming  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
1x 750GB, WD 640GB, 4x 1TB ( 3x Seagate 1TB & 1... EK Supreme HF (acteal/nickel) Phobya NB Eloop fans  Windows 7 
PowerCaseOtherOther
antec BP 550w SM8 ST30 240 UT60 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+  3450 gskill DDR3-1600 Western Digital  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital  Corsair H50 corsair SP120 Windows 7 
Case
Caselab M8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #500 of 19540
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyman0319 View Post

what does it mean if the cpu speed throttle? is that okay or not?

no, you don't want it to throttle. that means the CPU got too hot so it automatically starts to slow down so that it doesn't damage itself (in simple terms)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]