Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 509

post #5081 of 19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

Forceman, didn't you know you're magic?

I like using a DMM with a magic button that freezes the reading.wink.gif
post #5082 of 19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by filphil View Post

From what I understand, try lowering you cache voltage and clocks to default and you may get better results. We'll see what the others say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinzx View Post

Your cache voltage shouldn't be higher than your core voltage. Do as the guide say and drop cache ratio to 35 from 39 and drop your cache voltage back to between 1.12 and 1.15, I found better stability at 1.15 at lower oc.

OK, I'll try decreasing the cpu cache to 35x and voltage to 1.15
post #5083 of 19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warl0rdPT View Post

I was very unlucky with my chip, I can't even reach 4.3GHz!

core multi: 43X
cpu cache: 39X
manual cpu core voltage: 1.22v
manual cache voltage: 1.25v
VCCSA: +0.25
mems at JEDEC 1333MHz 1.5v
cpu input voltage: 1.85v

temps around 92º, BSOD after a few minutes of aida64 FPU

I can't increase voltage because of the temps (it will start throttling)

What else can I do?

1) Start by not using AIDA FPU!!! Especially if not under water or better!

2) Get rid of that SA offset.

3) Drop uncore to either x34/x36 @ somewhere around 1.15/1.18v and leave it alone till core is done.

4) Drop vrin down to 1.8v

5) Have a good read through this thread.wink.gif
post #5084 of 19580
Where is the x264 looping? Had been a little easier if it had been linked to such things in the first page. I know that I get the 20's on page 408 But would like to have the loop, and it starts to get quite so many pages here. Thanks in advance thumb.gif
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
5930K None for the moment None for the moment Samsung evo 250gb 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master 212 Evo windows 10 Pro Benq g2420hd Evga Supernova G2 850W 
Case
Fractal R5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
5930K None for the moment None for the moment Samsung evo 250gb 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master 212 Evo windows 10 Pro Benq g2420hd Evga Supernova G2 850W 
Case
Fractal R5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5085 of 19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinzx View Post

Your cache voltage shouldn't be higher than your core voltage. Do as the guide say and drop cache ratio to 35 from 39 and drop your cache voltage back to between 1.12 and 1.15, I found better stability at 1.15 at lower oc.

Why should cache voltage not be higher than core?
post #5086 of 19580
From what I understand from the guides I have read, having a higher voltage on your uncore voltage than core voltage is not recommend, it can make the chip unstable. Uncore should be at the same or less than core voltage. From this thread alone pushing 1.18 seem to be average for uncore and anything over 1.3 is pretty dangerous.


http://www.overclock.net/t/1401976/the-gigabyte-z87-haswell-overclocking-oc-guide

This has a pretty detail run down of voltage to start with.
Edited by kinzx - 11/6/13 at 2:31pm
ThermalTron
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k MSI Z87 Mpower MSI 7870 Team Xtreem Dark 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western digital Samsung 840 pro H100 Windows 8 64bit enterprise 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Apple HCD Dell LG Corsair K90 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Kingwin 850 Platinum Thermaltake Chaser MK1 TT Theron Roccat Sense Glacier Blue 
  hide details  
Reply
ThermalTron
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k MSI Z87 Mpower MSI 7870 Team Xtreem Dark 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western digital Samsung 840 pro H100 Windows 8 64bit enterprise 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Apple HCD Dell LG Corsair K90 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Kingwin 850 Platinum Thermaltake Chaser MK1 TT Theron Roccat Sense Glacier Blue 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5087 of 19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2507 View Post

1) Start by not using AIDA FPU!!! Especially if not under water or better!

2) Get rid of that SA offset.

3) Drop uncore to either x34/x36 @ somewhere around 1.15/1.18v and leave it alone till core is done.

4) Drop vrin down to 1.8v

5) Have a good read through this thread.wink.gif

1) Yes I'm on air, what is your advice to test instead of Aida FPU?
2) My default SA is very low (0.8v)
3) done
4) done

I'm now testing with OCCT Linpack, so far so good (18m)

Thanks for the tips
Edited by Warl0rdPT - 11/6/13 at 3:06pm
post #5088 of 19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinzx View Post

From what I understand from the guides I have read, having a higher voltage on your uncore voltage than core voltage is not recommend, it can make the chip unstable. Uncore should be at the same or less than core voltage. From this thread alone pushing 1.18 seem to be average for uncore and anything over 1.3 is pretty dangerous.


http://www.overclock.net/t/1401976/the-gigabyte-z87-haswell-overclocking-oc-guide

This has a pretty detail run down of voltage to start with.

As far as i know thats not entirely correct and the Gigabyte guide doesn't state that either. IIRC it's referring to clock speed, not voltage?
post #5089 of 19580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warl0rdPT View Post

1) Yes I'm on air, what is your advice to test instead of Aida FPU? - AIDA's fine, FPU on it's own however…..TOASTY! rolleyes.gif Plenty of good info in this thread.thumb.gif
2) My default SA is very low (0.8v) - Same as mine. wink.gif


I'm now testing with OCCT Linpack, so far so good (18m)

Thanks for the tips
post #5090 of 19580
hey guys, i got a question, i'm running an I5 4670k 3.4 GHz on an msi z87-GD65 mobo, so far i can only get an OC of 4.3 @ 1.29 vcore to be somewhat stable, prime 95 crashes after about 40 min and ive been told not to exceed 1.3 vcore, any tips fellas?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]