Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 653

post #6521 of 19603
Quote:
I've had to bump .03v to achieve some sense of stability on OCCT whereas I was fine in x264 without that extra voltage. I think that's fairly significant and can't be within margin of error

That seems far too much to me.

On both 4.5 and 4.7ghz, i got significant passes on linpack without avx 0.05v below what i need for even half an hour of x264, i'll check out OCCT now. What test/settings was that?

Dunno what else to say, other than i'd definately be manually controlling vrin+vrin llc
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6522 of 19603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

That seems far too much to me.

On both 4.5 and 4.7ghz, i got significant passes on linpack without avx 0.05v below what i need for even half an hour of x264, i'll check out OCCT now. What test/settings was that?

Dunno what else to say, other than i'd definately be manually controlling vrin+vrin llc

OCCT is like a mix of Prime95 and LinPack - depending on what tests you're running. It'll generate excessive levels of heat....
post #6523 of 19603
OCCT test settings bellow:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I'll flick over to manual VRIN once my current XTU run is done, and see if that helps memory frequency stability in all environments
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze2210 View Post

OCCT is like a mix of Prime95 and LinPack - depending on what tests you're running. It'll generate excessive levels of heat....

At least with the default settings, my max temp was 79C with 1.28VID (1.31Vcore)
post #6524 of 19603
Threw OCCT up w/ large data sets, it restarted me in like a minute on 4.7 profile. Temps were about the same as x264 there, it seemed

maybe too hard. I'll take another look at it later - but x264 v2538 is harder than anything else i've done on my system so if i don't get issues with x264 and very slight tweaking (if neccesary - it didn't prove to be yet with this encoder version and my own encodes) then i'll probably stick with it
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6525 of 19603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Threw OCCT up w/ large data sets, it restarted me in like a minute on 4.7 profile. Temps were about the same as x264 there, it seemed

maybe too hard. I'll take another look at it later - but x264 v2538 is harder than anything else i've done on my system so if i don't get issues with x264 and very slight tweaking (if neccesary - it didn't prove to be yet with this encoder version and my own encodes) then i'll probably stick with it

i had a similar experience; it took less than 5 minutes for my system to crash in OCCT (settings above) whilst I left the latest revision of x264 on for quite a few hours without issues. Yep, let us know what you come up with smile.gif
post #6526 of 19603
Hey guys, the paranoid one is back biggrin.gif ...
I dont know...4,5ghz @ 1,23v vor 4,4 @ 1,18 ....
My computer is running 15 hrs (4-6 hrs gaming)every day...and it should work fine for 2 years ...so which 24/7 settings ?
Edited by Menphisto - 12/6/13 at 2:22pm
post #6527 of 19603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menphisto View Post

Hey guys, the paranoid one is back biggrin.gif ...
I dont know...4,5ghz @ 1,23v vor 4,4 @ 1,18 ....
My computer is running 15 hrs (4-6 hrs gaming)every day...and it should work fine for 2 years ...so which 24/7 settings ?

Either one will go 24/7 (as long as you're stable)....
post #6528 of 19603
Why would you drop from 1.23vcore? Your chip will last longer than a stock chip if you have decent cooling on it probably. I'd be more concerned with ring/VRIN, if there's reason to be concerned for them.
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6529 of 19603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Why would you drop from 1.23vcore? Your chip will last longer than a stock chip if you have decent cooling on it probably. I'd be more concerned with ring/VRIN, if there's reason to be concerned for them.

Regarding your 4.7 profile which 124'd on OCCT, is that profile typically stable during everyday usage?
post #6530 of 19603
It didn't 124, it restarted - and it's still a very new profile - but from all indications, yes.


Edit: Checking, bluescreenview etc; it was a 124 - but it was just like a soft restart, didn't throw bluescreen, i've only seen that happen when very close to stable but missing a tiny bit of vcore
Edited by Cyro999 - 12/6/13 at 3:22pm
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]